napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

The things I love and hate about the gym I go to...

Well thats ridiculous. If I want to be in contact with someone or my dog is sick or my friend needs someone to talk to I'm not going to ignore them because I'm working out. I dont lift less weight because Im txting between sets. And also sometimes Im just changing music or writing down my new PR or something.

But the point is you're taking up equipment because you want to sit there on your phone and console your friend or talk to your sick dog. I understand people change their songs etc. on their phone but anything outside of that can wait. Or at least get off the equipment and take care of it somewhere else.

Well thats ridiculous. If I want to be in contact with someone or my dog is sick or my friend needs someone to talk to I'm not going to ignore them because I'm working out. I dont lift less weight because Im txting between sets. And also sometimes Im just changing music or writing down my new PR or something.

If your on your phone just chilling on equipment that's whats ridiculous.

We're kinda talking about you then... just saying. You can always tell your friend you're at the gym I'll call you back when I'm done. If it's an emergency then you can get up, rack your weights and leave. Nobody else cares if your friend wants to talk, or if you wanna talk to them. People don't have time for you to text and converse between sets. Sounds assholish, but it's reality. I'm sure planter fitness could care less, but none of us go to PF obviously.

We're kinda talking about you then... just saying. You can always tell your friend you're at the gym I'll call you back when I'm done. If it's an emergency then you can get up, rack your weights and leave. Nobody else cares if your friend wants to talk, or if you wanna talk to them. People don't have time for you to text and converse between sets. Sounds assholish, but it's reality. I'm sure planter fitness could care less, but none of us go to PF obviously.

I am well within my rights to use my phone whenever I hell I want, whether you like it or not. Sounds assholish, but its reality.
I personally get up and walk around between every single set to allow someone to use the machine if they want between my sets because its the nice thing to do, but I'm certainly not putting my life on hold just because I want to workout or because someone might judge me for using my phone.

I am well within my rights to use my phone whenever I hell I want, whether you like it or not. Sounds assholish, but its reality.
I personally get up and walk around between every single set to allow someone to use the machine if they want between my sets because its the nice thing to do, but I'm certainly not putting my life on hold just because I want to workout or because someone might judge me for using my phone.

Relax man, this is simply ppl stating their opinions. You have yours which I see as silly, I have mine which you see as silly and yet we're both breathing the same oxygen. To me when people get up off the machine and wander or are on their phone I personally wait to see what it is they're doing. If working in with them requires adding and then removing a bunch of plates I'll wait 20 minutes, no more, to ask them if they are done. If they aren't done then I remind them that other people are entitled to the machine and that the gym actually has rules about walking away from a machine and/or being on it for 30 minute maximum. I wait another ten so it is 30 minutes and then they gotta go. Judging you for your phone usage isn't the point, not being inconsiderate of fellow patrons is however. I intentionally go to the gym when it's less crowded to avoid these type situations. Some ppl are just more focused on their workout and don't like distractions... phones are for playing my music when in the gym. I miss all my calls in the gym.

I'm usually posting on this forum or looking at motivational pictures on IG in between sets... Or looking for new music. There are never lines on machines or benches at my gym so I'm not holding anyone up. Either way I think it's funny some people care what I do between my sets lol

Phurious Pharma Rep
Email me at [email protected]
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

I NEVER talk on the phone btw. I find that silly unless you can talk and workout at once. Now and then I have to answer a return call from my insurance company or the VA but I can talk through my earbuds

Phurious Pharma Rep
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

I NEVER talk on the phone btw. I find that silly unless you can talk and workout at once. Now and then I have to answer a return call from my insurance company or the VA but I can talk through my earbuds

Phurious Pharma Rep
Code 'JS5' for 5% off
Dude I have a guy at my gym that comes in and talks on the phone while hes training... like literally does one arm bicep curls and the other hand is holding his phone to his ear. Saw him doing machine chest presses with his head holding his phone to his shoulder the other day.. lol Thats when you know its bad..

Phurious Pharma Rep

im sorry but you should not have enough time whatsoever to be texting or talking on your phone... if you resting that long between sets your not working hard enough whatsoever... if you need to talk on the phone, GET THE FUCK OFF the equipment... i dont give a hit what the call is... move off the equipment... i barely have enough time to switch songs when im lifting... if you cant stay focused for 45 minutes to an hour, youve got problems... big time

im sorry but you should not have enough time whatsoever to be texting or talking on your phone... if you resting that long between sets your not working hard enough whatsoever... if you need to talk on the phone, GET THE FUCK OFF the equipment... i dont give a hit what the call is... move off the equipment... i barely have enough time to switch songs when im lifting... if you cant stay focused for 45 minutes to an hour, youve got problems... big time

This shit drives me crazy. This is when I just straight up take equipment. If you're playing a game or texting, I am more important.

I agree, but what about the play play lifters lol? You know the ones with those baby muscles as I call them, the ones that honest to God look like the were made less than 3 months ago... those guys are the worst ones bro! They think they are there already and that what they are doing is the best because it's straight off of BB.com...

I agree, but what about the play play lifters lol? You know the ones with those baby muscles as I call them, the ones that honest to God look like the were made less than 3 months ago... those guys are the worst ones bro! They think they are there already and that what they are doing is the best because it's straight off of BB.com...

LOL i know exactly what your talking about... those are the guys that would tell us how to do it... LOLLL fuck me...

LOL i know exactly what your talking about... those are the guys that would tell us how to do it... LOLLL fuck me...

I actually had a guy give me training tips in the gym... walked up stopped me and said 'I used to be a personal trainer X amount of years ago, you should do it like this.' Guy was a obvious douche bag, was a way smaller guy and I think just wanted to be able to say he gave me tips... meh

I actually had a guy give me training tips in the gym... walked up stopped me and said 'I used to be a personal trainer X amount of years ago, you should do it like this.' Guy was a obvious douche bag, was a way smaller guy and I think just wanted to be able to say he gave me tips... meh
Can't stand that shit bro. People need to focus on themselves, not others...

Phurious Pharma Rep

I have wanted to correct people on form or method so many times. I really have to fight the urge. People that roll their shoulders when doing shrugs is one of the big pet peeves, or being on te calf machine and doing all the work with their quads lol those freaks aren't even moving their calves!!!

Phurious Pharma Rep
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

I won't even bring my phone inside the gym. It's distracting as fuck and that's my 1-2 hours of phone free bullshit for the day and my escape . It's the only hour of the day that no one can reach me and it's never back fired on me once . Work can wait one hour , friends , family who ever else can wait for me to call back in an hour. Emails can wait one hour and so can anything else. What did people do before cell phones ??? We all survived ! It sucks being a slave to your phone and everybody's guilty of it . I just think it's good etiquette and feels good to leave it in the car for an hour or so and not be starring at a screen constantly .

Takes a measure of self control IMO. Nobody is doing something so great in the gym that it needs to be posted on IG. I use my phone for music and skip the calls while training. On occasion I have been tempted to bust it out when I see those guys and gals that are inventing ways to use machines like gym bloopers or something just to send in to Elgintensity or something, but I can't bring myself to pull my phone out my pocket and stop my set behind someones fucked uppedness.

Top Bottom