napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Does light cardio after workout destroy gains?

If at all possible I think it's best doing cardio on days different than those you lift, which is what I do. However it's not ideal for guys lifting 5 or 6 days a week obviously. I lift Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and do cardio on all off days in between

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

How the hell you get a physique like yours lifting 3 days a week?You spend 3 hours in the gym or what?

How the hell you get a physique like yours lifting 3 days a week?You spend 3 hours in the gym or what?
I do an upper body, lower body split (DC training) which has got me bigger and stronger than anything. It's high intensity low volume and every body part is hit every 5 days, so I get more frequency, more recovery and more growth. Its all progressive overload wgere weights or reps are increased every workout. Workouts only are about an hour and Ithink has been the best training method I've ever used hands,down.

More doesn't mean better necessarily. You grow in the kitchen and while resting...not in the gym!

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Atlas ball carries for cardio? Post workout? Endurance of a bull, or what? After I finish my workout only thing I can concentrate on is getting in some protein bro...

45lb ball isn't too heavy. The 90lb is decent for taxing my lungs. Honestly I've never been able to destroy a gym day where I could grab 45lbs and flip to my shoulder, unless I hurt myself. Then 5lbs is impossible to lift sometimes lol. And if I smash a workout in 45 minutes or an hour. Grab my shit. Walk to my truck and store it and then walk to the lot next to me and do some cardio. It's still less than an hour and a half. THEN the protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do cardio during the day...then my second workout in the evening I lift first then finish with 20-25 minutes on the elliptical trainer or sprints on the treadmill

Phurious Pharma Rep

it wont destroy your gains but my preference and experiences have always shown it to be much better before... understand that there are a million differing opinions on this and great arguments for each... i love to start my day with morning cardio and hit weights at night... cardio early gets you going for the entire day and i feel a million times better and more productive this way and you've kickstarted everything for the day... when you do cardio after a workout, your tearing down more muscle etc... youve done the biggest amount of tearing down from weights and after that its best to replenish and rest... i have a hard time lifting half as intense as i do if i dont do cardio before... everyone is different but in my experiences, its far better before but after will not destroy your gains either...

it wont destroy your gains but my preference and experiences have always shown it to be much better before... understand that there are a million differing opinions on this and great arguments for each... i love to start my day with morning cardio and hit weights at night... cardio early gets you going for the entire day and i feel a million times better and more productive this way and you've kickstarted everything for the day... when you do cardio after a workout, your tearing down more muscle etc... youve done the biggest amount of tearing down from weights and after that its best to replenish and rest... i have a hard time lifting half as intense as i do if i dont do cardio before... everyone is different but in my experiences, its far better before but after will not destroy your gains either...

I agree that doing it at different times of day would be the optimal way to do it.If I didn't have to work 12-14 hour days this is the way I would do it.

Cardio in the morning & weights at night

There just aren't enough hours in the day for that though.I get it done all at once within 2 hours or so.

I do cardio during the day...then my second workout in the evening I lift first then finish with 20-25 minutes on the elliptical trainer or sprints on the treadmill

Phurious Pharma Rep

LOVE IT! thats exactly how i do it minus the post workout cardio because i do 75 minutes in the morning so i dont want to overdo it but i love the way your doing it

I agree that doing it at different times of day would be the optimal way to do it.If I didn't have to work 12-14 hour days this is the way I would do it.

Cardio in the morning & weights at night

There just aren't enough hours in the day for that though.I get it done all at once within 2 hours or so.

i completely understand... not everyone can do it... ive had to cram it like this before and its not easy, i understand... you just have to do your best to get it in however you can

LOVE IT! thats exactly how i do it minus the post workout cardio because i do 75 minutes in the morning so i dont want to overdo it but i love the way your doing it
Thank you, much appreciated :)! I would love to get 75 minutes in at once but I take my lunch hour early at 11 so I can only get 45 minutes and thats pushing it lol, that's why I do the extra at then end of weight lifting.

Phurious Pharma Rep

Thank you, much appreciated :)! I would love to get 75 minutes in at once but I take my lunch hour early at 11 so I can only get 45 minutes and thats pushing it lol, that's why I do the extra at then end of weight lifting.

Phurious Pharma Rep

at least you rest at nothing to get it all in... thats fucking awesome... i get up quite early to get mine in but you already know how much better your day goes starting it off like that... it night and day how much more i get done and how good i feel... more focused etc...

My PR is 85 minutes low resistance cardio.I was practically dead after that.

I usually try & keep at 35-50 min

My PR is 85 minutes low resistance cardio.I was practically dead after that.

I usually try & keep at 35-50 min

as long as your getting it in for a good amount of time, thats extremely ideal.. you always do whats best for you, not always what others do... what i do is probably far overkill to many but that's what i do... for me, it keeps me very cut all year and if i want to add more size, i can eat to accommodate.. i know how to work my body for every type of goal... you have to really, truly know your body to accommodate the entire process... there's a lot more to it to be precise and maintain all year... you should still go through a vigorous process any time you are cycling... its an investment and i dont know about anyone else, but i invest in something, i want a major return on my investment.. i am never satisfied, no matter how good i do, it inspires me to go for more... thats what you have to do with everything... so when cardio gets tough, you find a way to convince yourself you can do this and trust me, you will do it... when the last rep comes and you can't feel your arms, you find a way, and that's what gets you to not only achieve a goal, but continue to surpass it...

Top Bottom