Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Chest help

My chest is sore as hell and I am loving it, did flat dumbbells and superset it with dumbbell flys then hammer chest presses and that machine that you sit down in and push down like a dip. No name on it but it kills my chest and tris. Finished with pec Dec I need to learn some more isolation movements. Thanks for you help. Plus on one set of dumbbell press I did 4 sec negatives and that was not easy.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

There ya go bro. Nice work. I love seeing the nice variety in exercise selection on concentrating on slow negatives.

Well there's your problem right there. You're only doing two incline movements. Have an upper chest day ONLY. Smash that shit for like 50 sets. Force the growth. And make sure to stretch post workout to release bound up fascia and get blood flowing for the nutrient delivery to speed up growth.

One bit that helped me tremendously was a tip i saw online about elbow placement when doing any of the chest pressing excercises...

I used to press with my elbows flared out - upper arm basically perpendicular to my spine. What this essentially does is take the stress out of the chest and puts it into the shoulders and triceps (and to some extent the extreme upper chest).

You want to keep your elbows slightly tucked in towards your torso - 5, maybe 10 degrees. Experiment with this using light weight and you'll find the sweet spot for your elbows that puts the responsibility for moving that weight back into the pecs.

Can't stress enough how big of a difference this made for me on chest day - the pump & development is exceptional and i can feel my chest being totally involved in the movement.

I just start at 15 at 20 reps then go up 5 pounds each for 5 sets and stop just before failure.

Sincerely, I believe that you would have a much easier time growing your upper chest by doing less reps with considerably more weight. Also, the suggestion of doing the upper chest only days is a very good idea. At least doing so for a month.

Sincerely, I believe that you would have a much easier time growing your upper chest by doing less reps with considerably more weight. Also, the suggestion of doing the upper chest only days is a very good idea. At least doing so for a month.
I have been doing a chest day for for 2 months. I isolate every body part. I want to start doing chest twice a week

I have been doing a chest day for for 2 months. I isolate every body part. I want to start doing chest twice a week

A chest a day?? Bro youll never grow doing that... In fact, youll lose size... You need 48-72 hours rest before hitting the same body part again... Your constantly tearing down and never rebuilding...

Maybe I wrote that last message wrong, I have been working my body parts once a week for the last two months. Is that a problem?
Arm, Legs, rest,chest, back, sholders, rest, then repeat

Maybe I wrote that last message wrong, I have been working my body parts once a week for the last two months. Is that a problem?
Arm, Legs, rest,chest, back, sholders, rest, then repeat

Absolutely hit chest twice a week. My current routine
Monday: chest/back heavy with low reps
Tuesday: shoulders/legs heavy and low
Thursday: chest/back lower weight and high reps
Friday: shoulder/legs lower weight and high reps.
It lets me do one day for raw strength and one day for muscular endurance. I've been on it about two months and am still making solid gains. Nothing wrong with hitting chest twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely hit chest twice a week. My current routine
Monday: chest/back heavy with low reps
Tuesday: shoulders/legs heavy and low
Thursday: chest/back lower weight and high reps
Friday: shoulder/legs lower weight and high reps.
It lets me do one day for raw strength and one day for muscular endurance. I've been on it about two months and am still making solid gains. Nothing wrong with hitting chest twice a week.

WhY did DG say that?

WhY did DG say that?

It looks like he thought you meant you were doing a chest movement every day. Think it's just a misread is all. Do your chest on Monday and then again Thursday or Friday. That will give a break in between.

No arms?

I do isos as I feel them. A little each day and all out on Fridays. This is an experimental setup for me. And I'm committed to seeing it through for another couple of months.

I want to add in arms on chest and back days. That would free up an extra chest only or chest and anything else day

you will get there bro remember it is a marathon not gonna happen overnight. you got all the basics down for the last 2 months now its time to mix it up even if you do variations with lighter weights until you get the form of the new shit down, it will happen. you have come so far from where you started. have some more patience we all go thru this at one time or another, but if you push to fast and too hard u will get an injury and be set back months. Take what these guys have given you and run with it try different things you can watch youtube google and all the other shit and get some ideas but take it easy on some of the new exercises and forms until you know you got it then add weight to avoid injuries, there is a lot of crazy shit out there like "around the worlds" some great stuff and some bullshit you just gotta figure out what works for you everyone is different but you will grow no matter what

No not yet

I would highly recommend drop sets bro. The pump is the cure and I'm not just copying Antoine V. Heavy is not always the way to go. In fact I've almost always gone moderate to light weight to get where I am today. I'm just now starting heavy stuff more often because I'm trying to get to a new level and I need to change my training drastically. Do 30 reps every set if you must but just burn your pecs** off. TORTURE them as Lee Priest would say.

bench til you can barely do the bar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom