napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Beef (or turkey) Flatbread with Yogurt Sauce

[attachment=0:1gnu2q3m]Beef-Flatbread-with-Cucumber-Sauce-960x1440.jpg[/attachment:1gnu2q3m]

Ingredients

1 (6-ounce) container plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 whole-grain flatbreads (about 100 calories each)
1 medium cucumber
12 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- OR -
12 ounces 99% fat free ground turkey breat
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted Italian-style diced tomatoes

Directions

Preheat broiler to high.

Combine yogurt, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir until well mixed.

Cut each flatbread in half at the fold. Broil 1 minute or until toasted, turning after 30 seconds.

Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Place cut side down, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to pan, stirring to crumble. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.

Spread 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture on each flatbread half; divide beef mixture evenly among flatbreads. Top evenly with cucumber slices and remaining yogurt mixture.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 tacos

Per serving-Beef: Calories: 357; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Sodium: 419mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 34g

Per serving-Turkey: Calories: 297; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Sodium: 411mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 38g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 524mg; Iron: 23%; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 14%; Calcium: 17%

Attachments

• Beef-Flatbread-with-Cucumber-Sauce-960x1440.jpg
    Beef-Flatbread-with-Cucumber-Sauce-960x1440.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 28
prestigealaska said:
[attachment=0:1ti7rzf5]Beef-Flatbread-with-Cucumber-Sauce-960x1440.jpg[/attachment:1ti7rzf5]

Ingredients

1 (6-ounce) container plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
4 whole-grain flatbreads (about 100 calories each)
1 medium cucumber
12 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- OR -
12 ounces 99% fat free ground turkey breat
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted Italian-style diced tomatoes

Directions

Preheat broiler to high.

Combine yogurt, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir until well mixed.

Cut each flatbread in half at the fold. Broil 1 minute or until toasted, turning after 30 seconds.

Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Place cut side down, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to pan, stirring to crumble. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.

Spread 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture on each flatbread half; divide beef mixture evenly among flatbreads. Top evenly with cucumber slices and remaining yogurt mixture.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 tacos

Per serving-Beef: Calories: 357; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Sodium: 419mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 34g

Per serving-Turkey: Calories: 297; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Sodium: 411mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 38g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 524mg; Iron: 23%; Vitamin A: 2%; Vitamin C: 14%; Calcium: 17%

Man, you just keep sharing the best recipes brother. This is another one I definitely want to try. Looking forward to trying the ground turkey version in the near future

Man, you just keep sharing the best recipes brother. This is another one I definitely want to try. Looking forward to trying the ground turkey version in the near future[/quote]

Glad you appreciate them - cooking has been a passion of mine all my life. I modified the beef version of this recipe for a lower fat option and it was was so damn good I never felt compelled to try the beef!

I have a great turkey meatball/skinny marinara recipe I'll post up next. Super easy and delicious, I make a big batch of it every week and it's just kind of my go-to, quick meal option throughout the week.

Re: RE: Re: Beef (or turkey) Flatbread with Yogurt Sauce

prestigealaska said:
Man, you just keep sharing the best recipes brother. This is another one I definitely want to try. Looking forward to trying the ground turkey version in the near future

Glad you appreciate them - cooking has been a passion of mine all my life. I modified the beef version of this recipe for a lower fat option and it was was so damn good I never felt compelled to try the beef!

I have a great turkey meatball/skinny marinara recipe I'll post up next. Super easy and delicious, I make a big batch of it every week and it's just kind of my go-to, quick meal option throughout the week.[/quote]
Perfect!!! I'm all about that recipe. I LOVE meatball sandwiches. I had one last night actually for a cheat meal (not a healthy one lol)

I am extremely impressed with what you have been providing for us brother... Please keep these coming... These are all new twists I have not seen and this gives people (including myself) so many other options that we need... I LOVE your passion on this man, truly... You are such a huge asset here... Thank you!

DylanGemelli said:
I am extremely impressed with what you have been providing for us brother... Please keep these coming... These are all new twists I have not seen and this gives people (including myself) so many other options that we need... I LOVE your passion on this man, truly... You are such a huge asset here... Thank you!

I agree completely with that. We can't have enough great recipes here, and so far you've provided some excellent ones. I'm always looking for new ideas so appreciate everything you can offer

Top Bottom