Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Diaz

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
You want actually have to not be on the planet earth to not know about the Mcgregor vs. Diaz fight tonight... I am sure many of you will be watching it, I know I will.. So I am curious as to who you think will win tonight...

I definitely feel as though McGregor will win tonight but for several reasons...

1. There is TOO MUCH MONEY involved here to not have a trilogy and to make the most, to get the most interest, they would need to be going into the 3rd fight with one win each or the allure is just not there...

2. In actuality, McGregor did dominate the first fight but he was not physically ready for it in terms of conditioning... Not even close.. Many congratulate Diaz because he took the fight on such short notice but many often forget McGregor was the one at the disadvantage... He had been training for an entirely different fight and was not prepared whatsoever.... He is at far more of a risk with lack of preparation for an opponent as the champion... As a challenger, you really have nothing to lose and you have a huge advantage not only having that on your side but the fact that your opponent would not be properly prepared for your fighting style, tendencies etc..

3. Diaz has tremendous heart but McGregor is the superior fighter... He goes toe to toe with someone far out of his original weight class... People often forget that...

4. McGregor is taking him far more serious this time around

5. This really doesn't pertain the outcome but I just really feel Diaz is very very low class... Both guys have to promote the fight and both probably really do not like each other at all, so cursing, etc.. All perfectly acceptable and very interesting and entertaining to say the least but you can just see that REAL low class amongst Diaz and his crew... I just do not like that type of shit... I like a showman, even a cocky fucker so we have someone to hate etc... but in the right way... A villain type.. Diaz is just a real life low class fuck... I can't stand that...

So I am going with McGregor... 2nd Round... If not 2nd round then unanimous decision...

I think in the first fight, the benefit of conor having a full training camp vs nate being on a boat drinking brewskis was very advantageous for conor. To say nate had an advantage after not having a training camp at all is crazy!

I gotta go with Diaz. I can't stand McGregor's big mouth lately. Diaz chokes him out in the first round...

I think in the first fight, the benefit of conor having a full training camp vs nate being on a boat drinking brewskis was very advantageous for conor. To say nate had an advantage after not having a training camp at all is crazy!

he had nothing to lose and went against the champ who has to be a bit more cautious, more prepared etc... unless he doesn't plan on being the champ for long... mcgregor prepped for a completely different fighter... i've lived with a few ufc when i was younger and they don't stop training, at least the good ones didn't, just because they are not fighting... granted, mcgregor was training harder since it was for a fight, but not training for the right opposition and having your opponent, who while did not train enough, having the ability to throw things completely unexpected, go for broke, etc... that gives him a strong advantage in that manner... now, i cant argue mcgregor had, or SHOULD have had the better conditioning but as I said, he was training for a completely different fighter and training methods, when your moving up that much in weight classes, will shift focus a bit... endurance should be something you are hitting hard to outlast the bigger opponent but you also have to work hard on your submissions, etc... you have to figure out ways, other than going toe to toe with a much larger fighter... you can say both had advantages but diaz had a strong advantage in the regard i gave you...

I want Diaz to win.. I was a huge McGregor fan until his mouth got out control lol

THESE GAINZ SPONSORED BY ROBOLICS
Same here bro. I tend to think McGregor will win, but I am hoping Diaz can pull it off.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Diaz does come off as trash, who knows how much of that is an act. A lot of athletes just like to hear the sound of their own voice.

Like everything, tonight will come down to the almighty dollar. Hopefully it will be decided by THE FIGHTERS in the octagon and not politics.....I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to the judges and Mc Gregor takes it (justified or not) setting up a 3rd fight. Money, money, money, money.

I don't have a preference one guy vs. the other....I hope that the UFC doesn't become bastardized like every other damn thing and the best man wins.

Great fight glad Connor Won been an Irish boy .Nate is one double hard bastard and has a lot of respect from the Irish fans . Great respect for each other at the end of the fight which was great to see. Two true champions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched it once and then again to be sure that I wasn't favoring one fighter over another. It should have been a draw even though the numbers and the footage show Nate winning. MMA judging is kind of archaic still. Nate took rounds 3, 4 and that final take down won him 5. You can even call 5 a wash if they don't want to give him the takedown and brief moment of top control. Dropping that round would make it 2-2. However, a rubber match is a gigantic money maker so a draw wouldn't be good for the UFC.

Still a fantastic fight. The whole cars was good. Anthony Johnson got straight up biblical.

Mcgregor rounds 1,2,4.
Definitely lost round 3. They each did some solid plays the whole match up. Diaz had two big moments, however Mcgregor had a more consistent solid match in my opinion. Landed quality shots the whole fight whereas Diaz only had that 1 flurry and then a couple moments. All in all a great close fight. Diaz has one strong jaw that's for sure

Man, Diaz just continues to be a fucking beast. He fought so hard the last 2, but he's just getting inaccurate more than he used to be. I wanted that decision to go his way, but he was just outpreformed. It was a good damn fight.

Top Bottom