napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Too much too soon!

beastmode45

I think I went overboard with my cycle.

I knew this would get your attention. Need your advice though.

I started my Ultra Recomp Stack last Thursday. I'm up 3lbs in BW but I'm also up 1.5% in BF! Fuck.

I think I increased my calories by too much too soon. I went from avg of 1700-2000/day to 2250-2400/day at a 40/40/20 macro ratio.

Question.

If I drop back to 1800 now, and work up at 150 calories/day each week from here - will that be the wrong thing to do?

Example:
Week 1: 2400/day
Week 2 (starts tomorrow): 1800/day
Week 3: 1950/day
Week 4: 2100/day
Week 5-Week 12: 2250/day

Also, should I stick to 40/40/20 or change it?

I just want to maximize my benefits of the Recomp Stack. I have $2K invested in my SARMS (LGD, RAD, S4, MK2866).

Reminder: I'm at 180lbs and 15.2% BF.

Beast

I started my Ultra Recomp Stack last Thursday. I'm up 3lbs in BW but I'm also up 1.5% in BF! Fuck.

I think I increased my calories by too much too soon. I went from avg of 1700-2000/day to 2250-2400/day at a 40/40/20 macro ratio.

Question.

If I drop back to 1800 now, and work up at 150 calories/day each week from here - will that be the wrong thing to do?

Example:

I just want to maximize my benefits of the Recomp Stack. I have $2K invested in my SARMS (LGD, RAD, S4, MK2866).

Beast

Your plan to slowly increase calories looks better. However, I will note that the jump in weight is likely partially due to the increase in calories (carbs), which hold water. Has your sodium intake increased? As far as the 40/40/20 split, I use those ratios as a starting guideline only. Personally, I set my protein intake first and will hold that figure constant ( EX. 220g Protein) as I increase calories. That means that as calories increase, my protein % will decrease and carb % will increase, however I try to keep fats at 20% of total calories. If that makes any sense.

How long were you eating around 1800cal? What is your projected maintenance calories?

#120s
#10%

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hey come on lets not do this if we can, i missed the entire dorin vs The44 thing so maybe im 100% wrong here and maybe the #10% joke is well deserved. But lets not go around making inside jokes about different people just because we dont like them or say things we dont agree with. I know i was apart of the whole #120s thing with Tazz but that guy was directly (or attempting) to directly attack multiple other members.

Maybe im wrong but i dont think Dorin has ever done this and i believe he should feel welcomed here and not ridiculed for his ignorance (or whatever reason you have to make fun of him) Even The44 made a thread saying th
at Dorin won whatever arguement they had. Im not even sticking up for Dorin im sticking up for the board. The last thing I want to see is members being pointed out directly attacked for being "wrong" about something and the rest of the board jump on top of them like sheep following the flock.

Please let me know if im wrong and Dorin in fact does deserve to be ridiculed and make fun on him on a thread that is about a completely different guy who is needs help losing weight.

Last edited:
Your plan to slowly increase calories looks better. However, I will note that the jump in weight is likely partially due to the increase in calories (carbs), which hold water. Has your sodium intake increased? As far as the 40/40/20 split, I use those ratios as a starting guideline only. Personally, I set my protein intake first and will hold that figure constant ( EX. 220g Protein) as I increase calories. That means that as calories increase, my protein % will decrease and carb % will increase, however I try to keep fats at 20% of total calories. If that makes any sense.

How long were you eating around 1800cal? What is your projected maintenance calories?

Thanks. Yes makes total sense. I was concerned of now dropping from 2400 to 1900 and causing more issues. Sounds like it's fine and then ramp up more slowly using your model.

I forgot to answer you other question. I was eating around 1800 for the last 3-4 mo easily. I was playing with intermittent fasting for 4 weeks prior to starting my cycle. So 1800 cals in an 8 hour window with 16 hour fast. Not doing that now as I have different goals now.

Maint cals show that I should be at 2450. I used the TDEE calculators online and based on my age of 44, weight at that time of 177, and my typical activity levels with working out and such, my workout days should be 2450. Officially I should be at 2750 to gain weight - but that would be even worse given my 1800 original starting point. So to maintain my original body frame of 177 lbs and 13.7% BF I was ACTUALLY eating 1800 calories, but the calculators say 2450. I think I should use the ACTUALS to start from vs the calculators. Thoughts?

Hey come on lets not do this if we can, i missed the entire dorin vs The44 thing so maybe im 100% wrong here and maybe the #10% joke is well deserved. But lets not go around making inside jokes about different people just because we dont like them or say things we dont agree with. I know i was apart of the whole #120s thing with Tazz but that guy was directly (or attempting) to directly attack multiple other members.

Maybe im wrong but i dont think Dorin has ever done this and i believe he should feel welcomed here and not ridiculed for his ignorance (or whatever reason you have to make fun of him) Even The44 made a thread saying th
at Dorin won whatever arguement they had. Im not even sticking up for Dorin im sticking up for the board. The last thing I want to see is members being pointed out directly attacked for being "wrong" about something and the rest of the board jump on top of them like sheep following the flock.

Please let me know if im wrong and Dorin in fact does deserve to be ridiculed and make fun on him on a thread that is about a completely different guy who is needs help losing weight.
I was going back and forth with Dorin about his preposterous way of calculating body fat.
It is well deserved of a # at this point.

Agreed though. I'm not here to poke fun at a dead horse. It's just another inside joke to add to the list. Gotta keep the humor going.

Back to the issue at hand...

no bro, you are not wrong and enough is enough.. i dont like that after a certain point.. everyone made their points and we need to just move on... i agree with you a hundred percent... i dont like that at all...

I was going back and forth with Dorin about his preposterous way of calculating body fat.
It is well deserved of a # at this point.

Agreed though. I'm not here to poke fun at a dead horse. It's just another inside joke to add to the list. Gotta keep the humor going.

Back to the issue at hand...

Any thoughts to share related to this thread? Would love to hear additional honest feedback.

I certainly don't think you gained that kind of bodyfat that quick. I think the extra carbs and glycogen is throwing you off because of any possible fluid fluctuation of water you're holding. Jumping a coule hundred calories isn't going to make a drastic change that quick on composition. Sodium and potassium could also be playing a role here as well.

Question.

Example:

Beast
$2000???!!!!! Fuck... Lol

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I forgot to answer you other question. I was eating around 1800 for the last 3-4 mo easily. I was playing with intermittent fasting for 4 weeks prior to starting my cycle. So 1800 cals in an 8 hour window with 16 hour fast. Not doing that now as I have different goals now.

Maint cals show that I should be at 2450. I used the TDEE calculators online and based on my age of 44, weight at that time of 177, and my typical activity levels with working out and such, my workout days should be 2450. Officially I should be at 2750 to gain weight - but that would be even worse given my 1800 original starting point. So to maintain my original body frame of 177 lbs and 13.7% BF I was ACTUALLY eating 1800 calories, but the calculators say 2450. I think I should use the ACTUALS to start from vs the calculators. Thoughts?

Given that you have been eating at 1800cal for 3-4 months, I would assume your metabolism has slowed significantly. If you've been maintaining weight at 1800cal, then it is likely 1800-1900cal has become your new maintenance. In this case, if it was me, I would increase calories slowly. Start with 100 calories per week for the first 2 weeks then assess. Coming out of a deficit, your body is primed to gain weight. Whether this gain is muscle or fat will be determined by you and your nutrition adherence. Given your $2000 Sarms stack, you have the potential to make great gains if you play your cards right.

Do you know what your BMR is?
What is your present calorie intake?
What are your current macros in actual figures -not %.

Top Bottom