napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Hypothyroidism and Steroids

SCarr998

Hi,

I am currently 40 years old. 2 years ago I was 258 lbs. I went on a juice only diet and got down to 170 lbs. I had lost all my muscle doing the juice diet. To get mu muscle back and to keep the weight off I started a 5x5 program and also started crossfit. My diet was in check and I was working out 3 days a week. After 3 months I had made some good gains but I suddenly stopped gaining muscle. Also despite exercise and a good diet the weight started coming back (got to a new high of 224 lbs in December). I increased the exercise to 6 days a week. My fitness increased but my strength did not. I eventually decided to go to the doctors suffering with exhaustion and muscle/joint pains. From what I read I thought I had low testosterone.

Results came back and it turns out I have low testosterone and Hypothyroidism. Looks like I have had the Hypothyroidism for 15 years, no idea how long I have had the low T. I had to give up the exercise in February due to the muscle/joint paint becoming severe. Anyway T4 meds did not work and I am currently taking T3 which is working for the Hypo. I am about 2 months away from reaching ideal dose and getting rid of the muscle/joint pains. I have also started a Keto diet and my weight is finally stable and steadily decreasing for the first time in my life. I am currently 178lbs.

My latest testosterone reading was 8.6 mmol/l (range 8.6-22). I have had 2 tests both at the bottom of the range. The doctor says because I am in range he will not treat me for low T until I am out of range. He suspects loosing weight will increase the T result (was 190lbs when the last test was done).

I don't need any help with weight loss, I am currently loosing 3lbs a week with no exercise and once I am able to start training again I will modify the diet to keep the weight loss at 3 lbs a week. What I do need are suggestions as to what you guys would do with T results like that. I had planned on getting to 15% or under of body fat by June then starting AAS. I was initially thinking of 12 weeks 500mg test only then going onto a TRT type dose of 200mg for 12 weeks. Then I would pretty much just blast and cruise for the rest of my life.

I wanted to do test only so I can see what it does to my body and evaluate for side effects before adding in other compounds on my second 12 week blast. I suspect to medicate my Hypothyroididm i will be on around 80 to 100mcg of T3 (currently on 100mcg T4 & 37.5 T3 and reducing the T4 steadily and increasing the T3) so this might effect things.

Sorry for the essay.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Hi,

I am currently 40 years old. 2 years ago I was 258 lbs. I went on a juice only diet and got down to 170 lbs. I had lost all my muscle doing the juice diet. To get mu muscle back and to keep the weight off I started a 5x5 program and also started crossfit. My diet was in check and I was working out 3 days a week. After 3 months I had made some good gains but I suddenly stopped gaining muscle. Also despite exercise and a good diet the weight started coming back (got to a new high of 224 lbs in December). I increased the exercise to 6 days a week. My fitness increased but my strength did not. I eventually decided to go to the doctors suffering with exhaustion and muscle/joint pains. From what I read I thought I had low testosterone.

Results came back and it turns out I have low testosterone and Hypothyroidism. Looks like I have had the Hypothyroidism for 15 years, no idea how long I have had the low T. I had to give up the exercise in February due to the muscle/joint paint becoming severe. Anyway T4 meds did not work and I am currently taking T3 which is working for the Hypo. I am about 2 months away from reaching ideal dose and getting rid of the muscle/joint pains. I have also started a Keto diet and my weight is finally stable and steadily decreasing for the first time in my life. I am currently 178lbs.

My latest testosterone reading was 8.6 mmol/l (range 8.6-22). I have had 2 tests both at the bottom of the range. The doctor says because I am in range he will not treat me for low T until I am out of range. He suspects loosing weight will increase the T result (was 190lbs when the last test was done).

I don't need any help with weight loss, I am currently loosing 3lbs a week with no exercise and once I am able to start training again I will modify the diet to keep the weight loss at 3 lbs a week. What I do need are suggestions as to what you guys would do with T results like that. I had planned on getting to 15% or under of body fat by June then starting AAS. I was initially thinking of 12 weeks 500mg test only then going onto a TRT type dose of 200mg for 12 weeks. Then I would pretty much just blast and cruise for the rest of my life.

I wanted to do test only so I can see what it does to my body and evaluate for side effects before adding in other compounds on my second 12 week blast. I suspect to medicate my Hypothyroididm i will be on around 80 to 100mcg of T3 (currently on 100mcg T4 & 37.5 T3 and reducing the T4 steadily and increasing the T3) so this might effect things.

Sorry for the essay.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.
I would reevaluate things with your doctor to get on a trt protocol. If your doctor won't treat you, I'd find a different doctor. Those levels are unacceptable and unfortunately there are a lot of docs out there that won't do anything if you are at the bottom of normal range

Once you get that lined out, and get yourself under 15% you can consider a cycle. For your first you don't need 500mg of test. 300-350 is plenty and make sure you run aromasin with it for estrogen

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Yes, that was the second GP I transferred to and both are reluctant to put me on TRT at the moment. The second GP did say he would retest me after a year and we will go from there. He wants me to be at the correct dose on the Hypothyroidism meds first and have been stable without any symptoms for a while. It seems sensible but I think I will be on the correct dose of meds for the Hypo in about 6 to 8 weeks. A year seems to be a long time to wait with all of the symptoms I am experiencing.

Thanks for the advice regarding the test, and I will get the aromasin. Should I always run the aromasin on that dose or should I see if I tolerate the test without any side effects first?

see this is why I buy my own test and self administer docs are so fucking stupid. and I think your goal of losing 3 lbs of week is a little far fetched you are losing muscle mass and eventually that loss will stop . some sarms may definitely help the muscle wasting and joint pain.

Yes, that was the second GP I transferred to and both are reluctant to put me on TRT at the moment. The second GP did say he would retest me after a year and we will go from there. He wants me to be at the correct dose on the Hypothyroidism meds first and have been stable without any symptoms for a while. It seems sensible but I think I will be on the correct dose of meds for the Hypo in about 6 to 8 weeks. A year seems to be a long time to wait with all of the symptoms I am experiencing.

Thanks for the advice regarding the test, and I will get the aromasin. Should I always run the aromasin on that dose or should I see if I tolerate the test without any side effects first?

yes run aromasin at 12.5 every other day unless symptoms of gyno occur then every day for a few days then back down to eod.

I'm not too worried about loosing muscle at this point because I can't train due to the muscle/joint pains caused by the Hypothyroidism. Its getting better now that I am getting closer to the right dose of medication I need. My guess is that I will be able to go back to training in 4 to 6 weeks. The muscle I gained previously will come back quickly due to muscle memory. Just thought I would hit the weight loss hard while I am unable to train then get back to training with a vengeance in a month. The weight loss does stall every 3 or 4 weeks. When it does I up my calories to 2500 for a few days then drop back down again and that kickstarts the weight loss again.

Yeah docs are a pain, I'm pretty sure I will end up self administering TRT as I can't wait a year. As soon as I am on the right dose of meds and free of symptoms (hopefully by July) I will begin a 300mg blast for 12 weeks as recommended by RickRock and then do maintanance TRT of 150mg a week for the next 12 weeks. Being a noob to AAS thought I would start gently and take advice from people on the forum. That's the plan anyway.

Rockmfhudd thanks for the info on the aromasin.

Find a different dr or just prescribe yourself TRT. I am so fucking sick of these Dr's not wanting to help us out. Funny how if you want to start growing tits and turn your penis into a vagina, they welcome you with open arms! WTF?
Do your home work on things. There is plenty to learn right here on the forum. And fix yourself.

You do not want to wait to run the aromasin. Anytime you are at levels above TRT doses you need to run aromasin to control estrogen. Waiting to do so could hring on problems very quickly, and you don't want that

Find a different dr or just prescribe yourself TRT. I am so fucking sick of these Dr's not wanting to help us out. Funny how if you want to start growing tits and turn your penis into a vagina, they welcome you with open arms! WTF?
Do your home work on things. There is plenty to learn right here on the forum. And fix yourself.

Yeah I have found GP's to be useless. I am on my second. I saw an endocrinologist about the Hypothyroidism too and he was crap. I am seeing another one in 2 months but in the meantime I had to source T3 off the internet and start treating myself because the T4 was not working. Got a call from the surgery yesterday saying the doctor needs to see me about the T3. Looks like the Endo told him about the T3. I'm not too worried because the T3 is working for the Hypo, just looks like I will have to go my own way with the TRT too.

Yeah I have found GP's to be useless. I am on my second. I saw an endocrinologist about the Hypothyroidism too and he was crap. I am seeing another one in 2 months but in the meantime I had to source T3 off the internet and start treating myself because the T4 was not working. Got a call from the surgery yesterday saying the doctor needs to see me about the T3. Looks like the Endo told him about the T3. I'm not too worried because the T3 is working for the Hypo, just looks like I will have to go my own way with the TRT too.

As far as self medication, just do your home work and you should be fine. Not only that, you will feel great.

I'm not too worried about loosing muscle at this point because I can't train due to the muscle/joint pains caused by the Hypothyroidism. Its getting better now that I am getting closer to the right dose of medication I need. My guess is that I will be able to go back to training in 4 to 6 weeks. The muscle I gained previously will come back quickly due to muscle memory. Just thought I would hit the weight loss hard while I am unable to train then get back to training with a vengeance in a month. The weight loss does stall every 3 or 4 weeks. When it does I up my calories to 2500 for a few days then drop back down again and that kickstarts the weight loss again.

Yeah docs are a pain, I'm pretty sure I will end up self administering TRT as I can't wait a year. As soon as I am on the right dose of meds and free of symptoms (hopefully by July) I will begin a 300mg blast for 12 weeks as recommended by RickRock and then do maintanance TRT of 150mg a week for the next 12 weeks. Being a noob to AAS thought I would start gently and take advice from people on the forum. That's the plan anyway.

Rockmfhudd thanks for the info on the aromasin.

there is definitely a metabolic issue there if your having to go through the kickstarting process so often... you may want to look at GW-501516 and SR9009 to treat this... you can reverse the metabolic disorder and start cutting at a rapid rate... its definitely something i would consider

Just ordered the GW and SR. Again thanks for the advice.

Sounds good brother. I think that combination will treat you very well.

Here is the dosing for it, in case you need it

1-12 GW-510516 (CARDARINE) 20 mg day… dosed all at once 30 minutes before workout…
1-12 SR-9009 30mg per day (5mg dosed 6 times every 2-3 hours)

Thanks for the dosing instructions, I will start taking them as soon as they arrive. And I will report my progress on them.

Has anybody else ordered from SARMSX in the UK. I got an email this morning saying the delivery charge was no longer $15 but is now $69 and their bank has asked for copies of my credit card, id and I have to fill out a chargeback withdrawal agreement.

Is this normal?

I am a bit annoyed about the delivery charge because I had to put my address in to get a delivery quote and I am worried about why they want me to fill in the chargeback withdrawal agreement.

I should have read the FAQ's, it explains the international delivery charges in there. It does say they guarantee delivery with this method and since lots of people recommend them on here I have gone ahead and sent the info through they have requested.

Anybody from the UK bought from SARMSX and did you get hit with a customs charge?

Last edited:
Has anybody else ordered from SARMSX in the UK. I got an email this morning saying the delivery charge was no longer $15 but is now $69 and their bank has asked for copies of my credit card, id and I have to fill out a chargeback withdrawal agreement.

Is this normal?

I am a bit annoyed about the delivery charge because I had to put my address in to get a delivery quote and I am worried about why they want me to fill in the chargeback withdrawal agreement.

With specific orders, that is normal bro. Nothing to worry about at all.

Thanks for the dosing instructions, I will start taking them as soon as they arrive. And I will report my progress on them.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with what those sarms give you bro. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on them

Top Bottom