napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Do you do this?...be honest!

DanTheMan

So I did chest and triceps yesterday. The crappy gym I train at is mostly for normal people who wants to "get fit" and I am probably one of the biggest guys there. So, I started my chest workout heavy as I usually do. First exercise was dumbbell presses so I picked up the 120lbs dumbbells that I am pretty much the only guy there who uses and started to do my presses. When I do this, most of the scrawny looking guys all stop what they are doing and just look at me in awe as I am able to strictly and seemingly easy pull off 12 reps. Sadly, at the time I was alone in the area. So I finished my dumbbell workout, went away from the freeweight area to do some machine presses to really squeeze out the last I had left in my chest.

Then I went back to the freeweights area to start doing my triceps. This time there were a group of 3-4 really pretty girls there doing some weightless squatting. I decided that I was going to show off to let them know that I am the ALPHA IN THIS GYM. I picked up my 120s, got them into posistion, lay down on the bench, pressed...and nothing happened, I could not move the fuckers. The girls are looking at me gigglning and talking amongst themselves and I try to find some excuse for not being able to lift the weight. I go through my bag and find some lifing gloves that I have been using like 1 times in the last 5 years. I put the on and smile to the girls to make sure they understand that reason I could not move the weight was because I was not wearing my gloves

So, now the girls attention are focused on me and I feel some performance anxiety building up inside. I get into position and push the dumbbell for king and country.. The girls look impressed so I decide to do one last rep. My right arm is able to get the dumbbell all the way up but my left one can only get it half way up...I just cant move it further. I feel how I lose all power in my left hand and all I can d My head feels like its going to explode and my chest is killing me but I get them up.The second rep is even worse. I do the worst form in the history of exercise, squirming and using my shoulders, arching my back etc to get the weight up, then I drop it and the fucker passes like 0.5 cm from my head and makes am impressive sound when it hits the floor.

The girls look at my like if I am a total retard and I feel like a complete noob.

Am I the only one who act like a moron infront of pretty girls?

Last edited:
Bro I feel embarrassed for you. Tbh was difficult to read, but honestly I've done much worse in the gym.

Youre not the only one man. I see plenty of guys do this at the gym. My advice, focus on your training bro. When I go into the gym, I'm there to train, not impress anyone. Focus on you, focus on your goals, and focus on your training. Dont worry about what other people are thinking because at the end of the day, what they think doesnt matter. The only thing that matters is if you had a solid training training session. Getting distracted by others and "showing off" only takes away from the task at hand.

Phurious Pharma Rep

Lol.. Don't be the guy in the gym that try's to show off. Women will like you better when you don't try.

If you want to show off go and talk to them. Just because your strong doesn't mean shit if you can't have a conversation and display a healthy self image.

I think most people in the gym think i am a dick head, cause i don't really talk to no one. i walk in put on ear buds, and go.... i see others gather in groups lip smacking there mouths. I just nod point to equipment to make sure no one else is using them. I like to get it, get in zone and workout.

I am actually a really nice guy, its just went i get to the gym i have a mission/objective and that is to get it in, get it done.

So moral of my story is... i believe everyone thinks i am a dickhead. -.-

OP your story was cringe worthy lol, but i get it...

I can't dumb bell press 120s thou

I always get annoyed at them guys that walk into the gym throw heavy weight on, and do like 2 sets. Entire body is moving, back arched like crazy..... Sometimes i want to yell "WTF YOU DOING?"

So I did chest and triceps yesterday. The crappy gym I train at is mostly for normal people who wants to "get fit" and I am probably one of the biggest guys there. So, I started my chest workout heavy as I usually do. First exercise was barbell presses so I picked up the 120lbs barbells that I am pretty much the only guy there who uses and started to do my presses. When I do this, most of the scrawny looking guys all stop what they are doing and just look at me in awe as I am able to strictly and seemingly easy pull off 12 reps. Sadly, at the time I was alone in the area. So I finished my chest workout, went away from the freeweight area to do some machine presses to really squeeze out the last I had left in my chest.

Then I went back to the freeweights area to start doing my triceps. This time there were a group of 3-4 really pretty girls there doing some weightless squatting. I decided that I was going to show off to let them know that I am the ALPHA IN THIS GYM. I picked up my 120s, got them into posistion, lay down on the bench, pressed...and nothing happened, I could not move the fuckers. The girls are looking at me gigglning and talking amongst themselves and I try to find some excuse for not being able to lift the weight. I go through my bag and find some lifing gloves that I have been using like 1 times in the last 5 years. I put the on and smile to the girls to make sure they understand that reason I could not move the weight was because I was not wearing my gloves

So, this time the girls attention is focused on me and I feel some performance anxiety building up inside. I get into position and push the barbells for king and country.. The girls look impressed so I decide to do one last rep. My right arm is able to get the barbel all the way up but my left one can only get it half way up...I just cant move it further. I feel how I lose all power in my left hand and all I can d My head feels like its going to explode and my chest is killing me but I get them up.The second rep is even worse. I do the worst form in the history of exercise, squirming and using my shoulders, arching my back etc to get the weight upo is drop the weight that passes like 0.5 cm from my head and makes am impressive sound when it hits the floor.

The girls look at my like if I am a total retard and I feel like a complete noob.

Am I the only one who act like a moron infront of pretty girls?

bro, your far from the only one... i see it ALL the time and have observed it my entire life and i always made it a point to do the exact opposite... when you try that hard to impress, you honestly look sad, and as if your desperate... girls DO NOT find that attractive... they giggle because they are talking shit... TRUST ME on all this... i have studied and observed women my entire life... i was reading my mom's cosmopolitan magazines etc all through middle school and high school, learning about them, what they want, like etc and then i implemented and im not going into detail but lets just say, i know what im doing here... here's what women want... they don't like cocky but they LOVE confident... they can sense when someone is completely confident with themselves, how they carry themselves and they love success... do not jump to conclusions on what success means... its not always being rich.. you can show your a success when your confident, when you carry yourself a certain way, when it shows in your body from training... do you honestly think these women give two fucks how much you lift? LOLLLLL NO... they could care fucking less.. thats absurd... you might find a few here and there but let's just get real... you just look like a meathead to them etc... that's not how you impress... you impress by being in there, being focuses, busting ass, sweating etc. and letting them see what your all about... they smell testosterone, i promise you... when you have it, when your body oozes it etc... they know... they want confidence bro...

your problem in this situation is you though way too hard, you tried even harder when you shouldn't have to try to impress... YOU should already be impressive and you SHOULD KNOW IT... then they sense it, they know it and they are attracted to you.. don't try so hard, don't think so much and let it flow bro...

I see this every single day. A lot of the girls I train have taken on my mentality and go hard. So when I'm working with one and some dude comes by us and does this they are IMMEDIATELY like "That guy is a tool" and then laugh super hard. Lol

I don't actively try to impress women at the gym. However, if I catch one watching me, I instantly become 20% stronger. It's like a shot of test depot, but without the sting.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bro, your far from the only one... i see it ALL the time and have observed it my entire life and i always made it a point to do the exact opposite... when you try that hard to impress, you honestly look sad, and as if your desperate... girls DO NOT find that attractive... they giggle because they are talking shit... TRUST ME on all this... i have studied and observed women my entire life... i was reading my mom's cosmopolitan magazines etc all through middle school and high school, learning about them, what they want, like etc and then i implemented and im not going into detail but lets just say, i know what im doing here... here's what women want... they don't like cocky but they LOVE confident... they can sense when someone is completely confident with themselves, how they carry themselves and they love success... do not jump to conclusions on what success means... its not always being rich.. you can show your a success when your confident, when you carry yourself a certain way, when it shows in your body from training... do you honestly think these women give two fucks how much you lift? LOLLLLL NO... they could care fucking less.. thats absurd... you might find a few here and there but let's just get real... you just look like a meathead to them etc... that's not how you impress... you impress by being in there, being focuses, busting ass, sweating etc. and letting them see what your all about... they smell testosterone, i promise you... when you have it, when your body oozes it etc... they know... they want confidence bro...

your problem in this situation is you though way too hard, you tried even harder when you shouldn't have to try to impress... YOU should already be impressive and you SHOULD KNOW IT... then they sense it, they know it and they are attracted to you.. don't try so hard, don't think so much and let it flow bro...

Spot on.. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Lol that's how you get hurt bro. I'm not trying to suck my own dick but I'm one of three guys who looks like they might actually compete so people are always staring at me anyway. I usually will do lighter weight to show people that I didn't get this way lifting insane weight and they don't have to either. I go heavy sometimes but I make sure I pick something I won't get hurt with because fuck injuries. Not worth getting a look from a chick I'll never speak to anyway.

Phurious Pharma Rep
Email me at [email protected]
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

That's your problem right there... You were doing chest. Girls don't care how much you press. If you were squatting 455lbs for reps, that'd be different. ;)

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Lol.. Don't be the guy in the gym that try's to show off. Women will like you better when you don't try.

If you want to show off go and talk to them. Just because your strong doesn't mean shit if you can't have a conversation and display a healthy self image.

Very well said. I 100% agree. Be you, and be confident

Lmfao at that attempt. Must have been terrible.

I can't say I've done it like that, but we've all embarrassed ourselves trying to impress a chick.

Lol that's how you get hurt bro. I'm not trying to suck my own dick but I'm one of three guys who looks like they might actually compete so people are always staring at me anyway. I usually will do lighter weight to show people that I didn't get this way lifting insane weight and they don't have to either. I go heavy sometimes but I make sure I pick something I won't get hurt with because fuck injuries. Not worth getting a look from a chick I'll never speak to anyway.

Phurious Pharma Rep
Email me at [email protected]
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

PREACH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom