Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Chest help

Bluebuddy

It seems like I have great growth on my upper chest and my lower chest but nothing in the middle. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Not seeing where to post this

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Your not targeting the correct portion of the muscle. OR you are genetically at a disadvantage for those areas yet genetically strong in the upper chest. Could be many things. Could be simple could be complicated.

Keep your chest workouts unique and challenging. Make sure to give all areas of the chest their proper time to shine. Make some days decline dominant.

Another tip is take your shoulders out of the movements. Look for isolating movements.

Your not targeting the correct portion of the muscle. OR you are genetically at a disadvantage for those areas yet genetically strong in the upper chest. Could be many things. Could be simple could be complicated.

Keep your chest workouts unique and challenging. Make sure to give all areas of the chest their proper time to shine. Make some days decline dominant.

Another tip is take your shoulders out of the movements. Look for isolating movements.

I agree with Jeremy on this is it could be genetics and require a bit more work to have the middle chest catch up to your upper or lower. And keep switching it up so the body doesn't grow as much tolerance to only one exercise

Isolation exercises gave me the best results in my chest. Drop the bench press, use dumbbell press and isolation movements.. guarantee you'll see results

what type of exercises are you currently doing? understand that there needs to be a continuous changing of movements to shock your body and allow it to not get used to the same routine over and over... you need to continue to surprise it to allow for maximum growth... you should be mixing in concentric and eccentric movements, isolation, stability, static, etc... also, add pushups every other work during your workout...

what type of exercises are you currently doing? understand that there needs to be a continuous changing of movements to shock your body and allow it to not get used to the same routine over and over... you need to continue to surprise it to allow for maximum growth... you should be mixing in concentric and eccentric movements, isolation, stability, static, etc... also, add pushups every other work during your workout...
Here's my typical chest DAY however I just this last week switched from barbell to dumbbells

ncline warm up
Decline
Flat
Pec Dec
High cablefly
Low cable fly
10x5 sets on all and always switch the order if them

Yea my DNA is saying no to a big chest and I am saying yes. I hardly ever feel a serious pump in my chest its mostly still in my arms same on back and shoulders its my arms I get crazy pumps it. Well my shoulder do too actually.

I'm also going to try mixing my arms into my chest and back day to free up a extra day for chest again. Chest/tris back/bis. I'm hoping this will help also

Here's my typical chest DAY however I just this last week switched from barbell to dumbbells

ncline warm up
Decline
Flat
Pec Dec
High cablefly
Low cable fly
10x5 sets on all and always switch the order if them

okay those are good exercises but you must mix this up... you cannot do the same thing over and over again... i never do the same thing over and over... if you do this one week, dont do it again the next week... wait a week... utilize other exercises... hit some hammer strength, do more controlled isolations, different cable movements (there's literally 20-25 different movements i do here) etc... your not mixing things up enough... its like taking aspirin every day or something... eventually your body gets used to it and you are immune to it... same with exercise... you are not hitting the muscles in a different way and your stagnant.. you MUST mix it up.. mix in negatives as well... you can't just do concentric movements...

okay those are good exercises but you must mix this up... you cannot do the same thing over and over again... i never do the same thing over and over... if you do this one week, dont do it again the next week... wait a week... utilize other exercises... hit some hammer strength, do more controlled isolations, different cable movements (there's literally 20-25 different movements i do here) etc... your not mixing things up enough... its like taking aspirin every day or something... eventually your body gets used to it and you are immune to it... same with exercise... you are not hitting the muscles in a different way and your stagnant.. you MUST mix it up.. mix in negatives as well... you can't just do concentric movements...
Ok, I will definitely put in alot more work on the hammer strength and focus on eccentric movement. One question about that though, do you do a whole day of eccentric and a whole day of concentric switching from week to week

Ok, I will definitely put in alot more work on the hammer strength and focus on eccentric movement. One question about that though, do you do a whole day of eccentric and a whole day of concentric switching from week to week

no, i add one negative to a workout or two depending on how many times per week you hit that body part... for instance, i do chest twice a week so i do one negative movement in a set of 4 on each workout... at least do one per week... once every 2 months, do a full day of nothing but negatives...

Shit I have to mix it up.. If I don't I get hella board

As the others touched on, you definitely need to change things up and target the muscle from different angles. Flat, incline, decline, flyes Dumbbell presses, machines.....utilize as much as you can for growth and work on squeezing at the top of the movement for a good couple seconds on each rep

yes, the key is to continuously change over and over... then back around again to the movements you started with but it needs to be a continuous mix... also, add higher volume with lower weight then hit more weight with lower volume... think like this... 15 reps at 60% of your max one day and then 8-10 reps at 80-85% of your max the next...

Yea my DNA is saying no to a big chest and I am saying yes. I hardly ever feel a serious pump in my chest its mostly still in my arms same on back and shoulders its my arms I get crazy pumps it. Well my shoulder do too actually.

I'm also going to try mixing my arms into my chest and back day to free up a extra day for chest again. Chest/tris back/bis. I'm hoping this will help also

You can also hit the concerned muscle group twice a week or more double of what you are doing now.

My chest is sore as hell and I am loving it, did flat dumbbells and superset it with dumbbell flys then hammer chest presses and that machine that you sit down in and push down like a dip. No name on it but it kills my chest and tris. Finished with pec Dec I need to learn some more isolation movements. Thanks for you help. Plus on one set of dumbbell press I did 4 sec negatives and that was not easy.

My chest is sore as hell and I am loving it, did flat dumbbells and superset it with dumbbell flys then hammer chest presses and that machine that you sit down in and push down like a dip. No name on it but it kills my chest and tris. Finished with pec Dec I need to learn some more isolation movements. Thanks for you help. Plus on one set of dumbbell press I did 4 sec negatives and that was not easy.

nice work... trust me, there's so many different movements out there that you will never run out of constant changes and this is a good soreness... that means you tricked your body now and hit muscles and angles you were nowhere near... you did something right!

Hell yea I think I that's the trick. I'm going to do this on areas for now on and keep it changing. Having the same movements every week worked great to get me where I'm at but now its time to turn it up. thanks again for all your help with all my gainzzzz

Hell yea I think I that's the trick. I'm going to do this on areas for now on and keep it changing. Having the same movements every week worked great to get me where I'm at but now its time to turn it up. thanks again for all your help with all my gainzzzz

there you go brother you got it beat now. proud of you

Top Bottom