napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

cheat meals

reemotro

How to implement a cheat meal and how often can i get a cheat meal ? should i lower my carbs from my other meals on the day that i will have my cheat meal? and is there any benefit from having a cheat meal ?

i don't believe in the cheat meal bullshit to "rebump up metsbolism" i gone through so many cuts and had no problems without ever using a cheat meal that people like to call "refeed" to rid their guilt. absolutely no benefit , only a setback

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008
100% Shipping Success Rate
http://i.imgbox.com/W9MENydX.gif

im definitely not the one to answer this because for me, thats a bunch of bull shit... im sure someone else will help on this one...

Theres lots of things that this is dependent on. How far into a deficit are you, How long you've been in a deficit, type of training/cardio, etc all play a role. The lower and longer you are in a deficit, I believe refeed days are beneficial but you have to do them properly. Its not a "free for all, shovel whatever shit you can into your mouth" day. Its a day where you bump your cals up near maintenance and increase your complex carb intake. I don't like the term "cheat" day as I feel like if you're dieting, you should stay the path and your refeed days should still be calculated. If anything, theyre nice from a mental standpoint as well but the key is not to overindulge.

Theres lots of things that this is dependent on. How far into a deficit are you, How long you've been in a deficit, type of training/cardio, etc all play a role. The lower and longer you are in a deficit, I believe refeed days are beneficial but you have to do them properly. Its not a "free for all, shovel whatever shit you can into your mouth" day. Its a day where you bump your cals up near maintenance and increase your complex carb intake. I don't like the term "cheat" day as I feel like if you're dieting, you should stay the path and your refeed days should still be calculated. If anything, theyre nice from a mental standpoint as well but the key is not to overindulge.
well said maxx... i completely agree with you... the problem is that people take a cheat meal or day and turn it into 4 big macs, a whopper, a pizza etc.. its fucking ridiculous and i cant stand the ones that do that shit... it sets a horrible example for others and shows a clear lack of control and discipline...

My refeed days were just higher calories, and that was 1 day a week. Still had to track to macros

I have a cheat meal once every other Monday. And when I say cheat meal I just eat something that I enjoy eating, and because of my lifestyle I never get to eat it anymore. Last Monday I got some pizza that I haven't had for 3 years. 99% of the time though it's just a big ass bowl of my favorite cereal. Which I could probably fit into my macros anyway if I really wanted to but I have zero self control when it comes to me and a bowl of cereal. So I just don't eat it.

How to implement a cheat meal and how often can i get a cheat meal ? should i lower my carbs from my other meals on the day that i will have my cheat meal? and is there any benefit from having a cheat meal ?

Depends on the person, there's no one size fits all. Not only YOUR body but you have to consider goals, rest of your diet.....

Depends on the person, there's no one size fits all. Not only YOUR body but you have to consider goals, rest of your diet.....

Exactly...I agree! In my opinion everyone's doing it their own way and that's about it. Cheat meal isn't just about carbs but also fat sugars etc..that being said already it's about goals. A lot of people eat it because they are being disciplined the whole week ( and it's not easy for everyone :) ) so in the end of the week they get some "forbidden fruit"! I personally don't eat much of fast food ( if any ) nor sweets but what I do sometimes is I eat chocolate protein bar or nut & sweet bar before heavy training like back or legs and I enjoy that little extra of sugar and benefit out of it while working out. It works! :)

It just depends bro. Typically the leaner you are the more cheat meals you can have, but everyone is different. I typically do 3 per week, with everything else being very clean. But I'm also about 8-9% bodyfat. If you are say 12-15% you may only be able to afford one every two weeks if at all. You should never rely on them, and if implemented incorrectly they only set you back. They have to be earned and if you don't progress while using the, you are doing it wrong

depends on your body. for me Once or twice a week

A cheat meal isn't a reward because you were a good boy. A cheat meal is used when needed for scientific purposes.

Dogs get a reward for taking a shit in the backyard as opposed to in the house.

I cheat with 3-5 servings of fruit, usually once or so a week, usually at the end of the day :)
It may sound really lame, but when all you eat is clean, micronutrient dense, whole foods that don't come from a box or a can, 5 servings of fruit is better than snorting coke.

But that's just me

The only time I cheat is when I go out to eat with my kids and I still don't get too carried away.

I cheat with 3-5 servings of fruit, usually once or so a week, usually at the end of the day :)
It may sound really lame, but when all you eat is clean, micronutrient dense, whole foods that don't come from a box or a can, 5 servings of fruit is better than snorting coke.

But that's just me

LOLLL are you sure about that?? since everyone always wants to use clen, it falls into the coke category... that's what i say to people that come to me with that absurd question of "how can i lose weight without doing anything" and i simply say, fuck i dont know, coke? i mean seriously... this bull shit with cheating here and being lazy here etc... im sorry but i cant stand that... YES of course you have to enjoy yourself and do something for yourself, YES but this bull shit where people make it an entire fucking day and this and that, im sorry but thats just not going to work, at least in my eyes but to each their own... i just hate when people do that shit and then come back and say they are not making the progress they want or something is not working...

cheat meal for me is eating my same meals, but on saturday after my dinner maybe eating a donut or slice of cake and only if i've gone everyday to the gym knowing i put max effort in but other than that i really don't even like cheat meals they make me feel like complete shit

cheat meal for me is eating my same meals, but on saturday after my dinner maybe eating a donut or slice of cake and only if i've gone everyday to the gym knowing i put max effort in but other than that i really don't even like cheat meals they make me feel like complete shit
exactly... you are what you eat... you eat shit and you feel like shit, plain and simple...

The main thing to remember is that this lifestyle is based on structure, and to maintain structure you have to have the right building blocks......aka food!

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

im definitely not the one to answer this because for me, thats a bunch of bull shit... im sure someone else will help on this one...
Man its not about being lazy or anything i haven't had any cheat meal since august and i was just wondering if i can enjoy a meal that i want without having any negative sides from it

Top Bottom