Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Your daily supplemental intake...

tkasch30 said:
Wow! Everybody taking so many supps...i take protien a few times a week maybe...thats it. Lol

That's perfectly acceptable too! As long as you're using a high quality protein and not something that's loaded with sugar, which quite a few are for "taste" purposes. I beat my body up a lot when I was younger with sports and such, so I take Omega-3's to help with the joint pain I get from time to time (not including my current injury). Some of the extra stuff is for liver protection when I was taking orals with my injections, and then ZMA and Melatonin to help me get quality sleep at night instead of waking up every 45-60 minutes.

When it comes to supplements they are supposed to be there to SUPPLEMENT your diet NOT replace it. There's people of all different experience levels, goals, etc in this thread and most of us know what works for us and what doesn't. If just using protein a few times a week works for you then rock out bro! You got the cheap end of the deal :D

Murph said:
tkasch30 said:
Wow! Everybody taking so many supps...i take protien a few times a week maybe...thats it. Lol

That's perfectly acceptable too! As long as you're using a high quality protein and not something that's loaded with sugar, which quite a few are for "taste" purposes. I beat my body up a lot when I was younger with sports and such, so I take Omega-3's to help with the joint pain I get from time to time (not including my current injury). Some of the extra stuff is for liver protection when I was taking orals with my injections, and then ZMA and Melatonin to help me get quality sleep at night instead of waking up every 45-60 minutes.

When it comes to supplements they are supposed to be there to SUPPLEMENT your diet NOT replace it. There's people of all different experience levels, goals, etc in this thread and most of us know what works for us and what doesn't. If just using protein a few times a week works for you then rock out bro! You got the cheap end of the deal :D

Well said brother... I m the first one to admit that sometimes I go overboard... I get so fascinated with different vitamins, herbs, natural methods that I try this, that, and before you know it, i have half the fucking wall in my cupboard and i can't even keep track of what, when, etc... Sometimes our minds can be our worst enemies... More so often than not... There is no "must take" type of these... It's all about what is best for YOU and YOUR goals, needs, etc...

DylanGemelli said:
Murph said:
tkasch30 said:

Well said brother... I m the first one to admit that sometimes I go overboard... I get so fascinated with different vitamins, herbs, natural methods that I try this, that, and before you know it, i have half the fucking wall in my cupboard and i can't even keep track of what, when, etc... Sometimes our minds can be our worst enemies... More so often than not... There is no "must take" type of these... It's all about what is best for YOU and YOUR goals, needs, etc...

Exactly my point, the fitness industry is filled with things that do this and things that do that and most of it is just a gimmick of something that could be had for a lot cheaper (pre-workouts I'm looking at you!!!). Sometimes we just need to slow down and get back to the basics that have been proven to work time and time again. I take this ideology towards my training itself and my supplementation and diet plans.

Remember, when all else fails "K.I.S.S." is there to save the day!

Murph said:
DylanGemelli said:
Murph said:
tkasch30 said:

Exactly my point, the fitness industry is filled with things that do this and things that do that and most of it is just a gimmick of something that could be had for a lot cheaper (pre-workouts I'm looking at you!!!). Sometimes we just need to slow down and get back to the basics that have been proven to work time and time again. I take this ideology towards my training itself and my supplementation and diet plans.

Remember, when all else fails "K.I.S.S." is there to save the day!

I know I for one will take a big cup of coffee over any preworkout any day of the week!!

It's can get to a point where it's just a lot. But at the end of the day, this is the lifestyle we live. It's a great idea to supplement, especially if you are using performance enhancing drugs.

So many things come to mind, like prostate health, healthy blood pressure, health bacteria in your gut etc, etc, etc. IMO you need to cover all bases, cause let's face it... There is no way in hell you are getting everything you need in terms of daily nutrition requirements.

How many grams of BCAA's does everybody here take throughout the day? I've read that up to 60g can be taken daily, but any more than that just cannot be absorbed. That seems excessive - like, Rich Piana excessive!

Re: RE: Re: Your daily supplemental intake...

prestigealaska said:
How many grams of BCAA's does everybody here take throughout the day? I've read that up to 60g can be taken daily, but any more than that just cannot be absorbed. That seems excessive - like, Rich Piana excessive!
I only drink bcass during my cardio session, which is only one serving. I use usp labs modern bcaas. However, I just ordered some of Mark Lobliner's bcaa's. I'm pretty interested in giving them a try because I like Lobliner.

A multiV, nascent iodine, probiotics, magnesium now and then. Inj B-complex now and then. That's about it for now as I'm in between moving residences. So my stuff is packed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day starts with:
2 cups of coffee (that's a supplement right?)
PWO Combo of Olympus Labs Conqu3r, PES High Volume, and PES Alphamine

EAA/BCAA Intra
2.5g Betaine Anhydrous

2 Scoops Dymatize Elite XT post

With Breakfast:
Multiv
Vit C
2g Fish Oil
Hawthorne Berry
Saw Palmetto
Low Dose Aspirin

Bedtime 2 Scoops Dymatize

Dethmetl said:
Day starts with:
2 cups of coffee (that's a supplement right?)
PWO Combo of Olympus Labs Conqu3r, PES High Volume, and PES Alphamine

EAA/BCAA Intra
2.5g Betaine Anhydrous

2 Scoops Dymatize Elite XT post

With Breakfast:
Multiv
Vit C
2g Fish Oil
Hawthorne Berry
Saw Palmetto
Low Dose Aspirin

Bedtime 2 Scoops Dymatize

Yes, coffee most certainly is... Well, for those of us that have to justify its use! LOL Im on the same page brother

AM
3 caps Max Adrenal 2.0 (herbal adaptogen/nootropic supplement)
100mg CoQ10, ubiquinol
1.8g EPA/DHA from fish oil

PreWO
10g BCAAs (various brand450s, like 10:1:1 ration w/ taurine)
5g creatine

PWO
30g whey isolate
30-60g mixed carbs (Carbion from Allmax currently)
mixed w. fruit + whole goat milk

PM
3 caps ZMA (450mg Mag/30mg Zn/10.5 B6)
1.8g EPA/DHA from fish oil
Probiotic from ThorneFX

Have used pretty much everything under the sun for OTC supplements; these are the ones that (IME) are the most cost effective and have the greatest efficacy.

Top Bottom