napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What do you think of this workout split?

DanTheMan

Just looking for some input here. Upper body muscle groups twice a week, heavy legs and lower back once a week (6 days). The idea is not training upper body more than 2 days in a row without some kind of rest in between. The workouts should be fairly fast (under 60 min) with low rest time in between sets for upper body and heavier weights and longer rest for lower body. Deadlifts and squats on the same day is a killer and I know that I wont be able to squat as heavy but I am currently more interested in adding weight to my dead lifts. Here goes:

5 day split, 1 rest day

Day1: Chest, back shoulders, triceps, abs
Chestpress 4 sets
Alternate angle press 4 sets
Chest flyes interchanging with back shoulder flyes, 4 sets each (meaning as soon as I am finished with the chest flyes I turn around and do the back ones)
Ab exercise 5 sets
Triceps exercise A 4 sets
Triceps exercise B 4 sets
(Optional)Triceps exercise C 4 sets (My arms need the most work)

Day2: Upper back, front shoulders, biceps
Chins 4 sets
Barbell rows 4 sets
Military press 4 sets
Delt raises alternating rotator cuff exercise 4 sets
Machine rows 4 sets
Biceps A 4 sets
Biceps B 4 sets
(Optional)Biceps C 4 sets

Day3: Lower back, legs (upper body rest day)
Deadlifts 3 sets (heavy, max 5 reps)
Squats 3 sets (6-8 reps)
Oblique dumbbell sidebends 3 sets
Quad extensions 4 sets
Hamstring curls 4 sets
Calve raises, standing and sitting 3 sets each
Abs 5 sets

Day4: Chest, back shoulders, triceps, abs
Chestpress 4 sets (different push from day 1)
Alternate angle press 4 sets (different push from day 1)
Chest flyes interchanging with back shoulder flyes, 4 sets each
Ab exercise 5 sets
Triceps exercise A 4 sets
Triceps exercise B 4 sets
(Optional)Triceps exercise C 4 sets

Day5: Upper back, front shoulders, biceps
Lats pulldown 4 sets
dumbell rows 4 sets
dumbbel sohulder press 4 sets
Delt raises alternating rotator cuff exercise 4 sets
Machine rows 4 sets
Biceps A 4 sets
Biceps B 4 sets
(Optional)Biceps C 4 sets

Day6:One and only rest day.

So legs are only once per week while everything else is twice? I think it needs more balanced than that personally

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

So legs are only once per week while everything else is twice? I think it needs more balanced than that personally

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Yeah, I have been thinking about this back and forth and for me personally, I get much better results when I go HEAVY on legs but not as often. By doing this I am able to do some nice gains, especially on the deadlift and even on the squat although its not in focus. Its just the opposite for the upper body. Its like if my legs need more time to recover than the rest of my body and if I try to do legs when not fully rested, the whole workout just gets a mess with me feeling fatigued, not being able to lift as heavy etc. I used to have 2 leg days, one focusing on squats, the other on deadlifts but 4 days was not enough time for me to recover.

Last edited:
Well done for being one of the rare people that actually adjusts their workouts based on how they feel, not just on some shit they read on poloquins forum or whatever.

Are you going to be doing 5 days on, 1 day off, then repeat? If so, I would consider doing 4 on 1 off at the most. You can keep the set up and rotation the same.

It looks hella taxing depending on the weight you move, also what RR said about legs 1x week... seems it'll create an imbalance. Just my thoughts, what are you running cycle wise while doing this? That's a question I'd like to know the answer to. Some compounds/doses let me workout like a mad man every day whereas others I might need my intended rest day after a heavy session. It's a nice set up though especially depending on what you're running.

Well done for being one of the rare people that actually adjusts their workouts based on how they feel, not just on some shit they read on poloquins forum or whatever.
Thanks man!

Are you going to be doing 5 days on, 1 day off, then repeat? If so, I would consider doing 4 on 1 off at the most. You can keep the set up and rotation the same.
Yeah, 5 days on, 1 day off, BUT I will listen to my body (or at least try to :p ). If I need to throw in an extra rest day somewhere, I will. I most probably will have to do that anyways since my gf isn't all that happy about me spending so much time at the gym and so little time doing stuff with her.

It looks hella taxing depending on the weight you move, also what RR said about legs 1x week... seems it'll create an imbalance. Just my thoughts, what are you running cycle wise while doing this? That's a question I'd like to know the answer to. Some compounds/doses let me workout like a mad man every day whereas others I might need my intended rest day after a heavy session. It's a nice set up though especially depending on what you're running.

I am currently halfway through a 6 week 50mg/day T-Bol cycle with 400mg T-cyp e4d. Haven't noticed much from the T-bol though :( Once finished I will go back to cruising on 200mg cyp e6d. I wont go that heavy on the upper body and try to stay in a 6 rep/set minimum for most of the exercises with a few exceptions. For deadlifts though I will go as heavy as I possibly can every week. I currently rep at 220kg (485lbs). Once I can do 5 reps for 3 sets, 10 kg will be added the following week. I currently can do 5 reps for the first 2 sets but I struggle on the 3rd set. I am sure I am going to be able to pull it off next week though. Deadlifting 500+lbs has been a longtime goal.

Top Bottom