Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Soreness question

Joe S.

Just curious if this is just me or normal for most as nobody I talk to really works out. I notice with myself that I am more sore on day 2 after working a muscle than the day after. Is this common?

are you working out at night ? I find when I workout at night I'm not sore the next day but the day after, but I rarely get sore anymore

Just curious if this is just me or normal for most as nobody I talk to really works out. I notice with myself that I am more sore on day 2 after working a muscle than the day after. Is this common?

I always used to be more sore two days after training a muscle group, rarely get DOMS now.

That is DOMS working at its finest. The only muscle group that gets sore 2 days later for me, is legs. Always the worst 2 days later.

Found this interesting, I guess from what is written it's not a bad thing but actually beneficial.

Muscles undergoing heavy eccentric loading suffer greater damage when overloaded (such as during muscle building or strength training exercise) as compared to concentric loading. When eccentric contractions are used in weight training, they are normally called negatives. During a concentric contraction, muscle fibers slide across each other, pulling the Z-lines together. During an eccentric contraction, the filaments slide past each other the opposite way, though the actual movement of the myosin heads during an eccentric contraction is not known. Exercise featuring a heavy eccentric load can actually support a greater weight (muscles are approximately 40% stronger during eccentric contractions than during concentric contractions) and also results in greater muscular damage and delayed onset muscle soreness one to two days after training. Exercise that incorporates both eccentric and concentric muscular contractions (i.e., involving a strong contraction and a controlled lowering of the weight) can produce greater gains in strength than concentric contractions alone.[10][12] While unaccustomed heavy eccentric contractions can easily lead to overtraining, moderate training may confer protection against injury.[10]

Just remember this Joe S.

While muscle soreness is an indicator that you worked your muscles hard, its not a proper indicator of muscle growth.

I may be a newbie to SARMS and not know much about them like most do on here but when it comes to training, nutrition, supplements, Im pretty good there. Ive been doing this for years. So I have lots of years of experience and education on it. ;)

Top Bottom