napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Shoulder replacement

CC_technology

I know this is a lot of physio knowledge here. Anyone gone through this or know people who have. I am 48 and am putting it off due to replacement only lasting x yrs AND a lot of back and forth about what I can and cannot do after it is fully healed. I am fully bone on bond and the socket is getting worn out. Used to be just pain every 30 days and I could ice it but now it is constant. Getting shots every 90 days helps buy time but Doc says I am an ideal candidate and will heal fast. Doc says I can lift but not heavy. Another doc says you don't want to lift more than 25 lb above your shoulder on that side. Let me know if anyone has been through this or knows people that have. Thx

i tore my shoulder about 10 years ago. they said not to lift heavy so i stopped lifting heavy. i worked on mobility and flexibility and i avoid overhead exercises that put pressure on the shoulders. it healed up nicely without surgery or anything

But you could be completely different than I am plus if I had kept lifting I would have been in your boat anyway

Been to 3 of the top docs in the West. One has done over 1k of these and does NFL athletes etc. He is the one giving me the more positive picture. The other two told me I am never lifting again other than bands. Lifting is a big part of my life and something that I have always excelled at AND most importantly is huge for my mental health so it is a tough pill to swallow

Top Bottom