napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

SHBG Question

NitroSev

So I got my blood work done cause I was suspecting low T as I'm 47 and tired a lot. My total test was 617, free test was 80, SHBG was 68 which was high. While the free and total were with in range the total free % was low 1.3%. Should I be concerned that the SHBG was high and the % was low?

Last edited:
you mean SHBG. And yes that's bad. You wasn't low SHBG and high free test %. I'm not an expert by any means on bloods but what was your estrogen?

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
[email protected]
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8Something doesn't jive here, normal range of free would be in the 12-15 range. 80 is off the charts for total T at 617, and the % is closer to 12% not 1.2. SHBG is super high and estradiol is super low, maybe you can post your bloodwork with the ranges attached for the results.

8Something doesn't jive here, normal range of free would be in the 12-15 range. 80 is off the charts for total T at 617, and the % is closer to 12% not 1.2. SHBG is super high and estradiol is super low, maybe you can post your bloodwork with the ranges attached for the results.

Yes a lot here doesn't make sense to me with the estrogen being so low while shbg is so high. The free test percentage doesn't really add up either

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Blood work attached.

Attachments

• test 3.jpg
    test 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Test 4.jpg
    Test 4.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 29
  • test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Test 1.jpg
    Test 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29
I think we are getting percentage confused with serum levels. Let's stick with serum levels. People don't usually discuss it in terms of %, OP. But I'll let a more knowledgeable guy on bloods chime in

[email protected]

I don't think it looks bad though personally but I may be missing something. Looks normal to me.

[email protected]

Try taking 25 to 50mg a day of Proviron..it should bring your SHBG down to a normal range

Makes better sense with the reference ranges and measurements. Free was measured pg/ml and T was measured mg/dl. You're free T is basically at 8. Your cortisol is high and the SHBG is off the chart. Your prolactin is already low too, so even though some proviron could put a little fire in your ass I'd be worried if it could further suppress your prolactin levels. Your estradiol test was not a sensitive assay, so even though it looks low it's hard to tell for sure. Sometimes SHBG is related to vitamin D levels, small chance that low intake of D3 can cause this. Personally I'd consider seeing a good TRT doc.

Makes better sense with the reference ranges and measurements. Free was measured pg/ml and T was measured mg/dl. You're free T is basically at 8. Your cortisol is high and the SHBG is off the chart. Your prolactin is already low too, so even though some proviron could put a little fire in your ass I'd be worried if it could further suppress your prolactin levels. Your estradiol test was not a sensitive assay, so even though it looks low it's hard to tell for sure. Sometimes SHBG is related to vitamin D levels, small chance that low intake of D3 can cause this. Personally I'd consider seeing a good TRT doc.

Yes, i agree as well.. i doubt proviron would suppress prolactin further but its possible.. its always a fix for this issue but you dont want to press too hard either.. so many things are off...

I agree good post. Also shbg being high means it is likely that LESS free test is available to the tissues than that indicated by total test.High shbg can also happen when using orals and the liver s stressed. This shbg test is normally only run when the total test does not seem to be consistent with physical symptoms,or clinical signs. Strange that your albumin and LH were ok. With prolactin and estradiol being not normal then this means that the overall hormonal axis has a problem. Also, I always remember that the highest acceptable level on shbg was 60. Your test shows lower that 60 as the norm.
It might be time to see an endocrinologist.

I couldn't agree more with all of that brother. Very good points

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Thanks guys for all the comments. Definitely very informative. The test results were from a local TRT clinic, they did say I was a candidate for TRT. I'm going to talk to my doc and see what he says before I do anything.

Top Bottom