napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Protein powder for coffee creamer!!

RickRock

Community Leader
VIP Moderator
So I got this idea this morning, and gave it a shot. I really like coffee, but I don't like it black. I add stevia, but have tried to avoid creamer lately because of the fat and sugar content since I'm cutting.

I really miss the flavor of a good creamer, so decided I would try adding some protein powder to see how that would be. I used a scoop of vanilla whey isolate/concentrate blend I have and put that into my mug then added the coffee. It takes a minute or so to blend it up with a spoon just right. The result? AMAZING!! It honestly tasted incredible and I will be doing this regularly now.

I just wanted to share this idea with you guys for a nice clean way to flavor your coffee and boost your protein content at the same time!

I've done this as a pre-w/o shake! Like, 24oz of black coffee instead of water in my blender bottle with a scoop of protein and BAM! Killing it in the gym!!! I wondered if anybody else had done this! Dylan probably has, too...

prestigealaska said:
I've done this as a pre-w/o shake! Like, 24oz of black coffee instead of water in my blender bottle with a scoop of protein and BAM! Killing it in the gym!!! I wondered if anybody else had done this! Dylan probably has, too...

I had never heard of it, but thought I'd give it a shot today, and boy am I glad I did! I will be doing this on a regular basis now for sure

i do and i dont.

I tastes okay, but you can tell its not right. But once your use to it, its another story.

Guys at work use to fuk with my and put a whole scoup of whey into 1 12oz coffee of mine all the time so things are a bit different for me i guess.

Re: RE: Re: Protein powder for coffee creamer!!

gymrat827 said:
i do and i dont.

I tastes okay, but you can tell its not right. But once your use to it, its another story.

Guys at work use to fuk with my and put a whole scoup of whey into 1 12oz coffee of mine all the time so things are a bit different for me i guess.
I actually love it man. I think the flavor is great

prestigealaska said:

It would be something to try, but havent yet.

gymrat827 said:
i do and i dont.

I'm sure it depends on the brand/flavor of the protein powder, too. I've tried it with one of my chocolate vegan powders and it was fucking putrid. But with the whey powders I have they taste really good, to me anyway!

prestigealaska said:
gymrat827 said:
i do and i dont.

I'm sure it depends on the brand/flavor of the protein powder, too. I've tried it with one of my chocolate vegan powders and it was fucking putrid. But with the whey powders I have they taste really good, to me anyway!
Yes you are absolutely right. Just like with cooking, the kind of protein you use makes a world of difference. You generally can't go wrong with whey isolate/concentrate blends for things like this and cooking

prestigealaska said:

You are exactly right brother... This was one of the first things I tried when drinking it but honestly, I like mine straight black with one packet of sweat leaf... that's all i need although I am more of a green tea drinker i do enjoy coffee as well

RickRock said:
So I got this idea this morning, and gave it a shot. I really like coffee, but I don't like it black. I add stevia, but have tried to avoid creamer lately because of the fat and sugar content since I'm cutting.

I really miss the flavor of a good creamer, so decided I would try adding some protein powder to see how that would be. I used a scoop of vanilla whey isolate/concentrate blend I have and put that into my mug then added the coffee. It takes a minute or so to blend it up with a spoon just right. The result? AMAZING!! It honestly tasted incredible and I will be doing this regularly now.

I just wanted to share this idea with you guys for a nice clean way to flavor your coffee and boost your protein content at the same time!

Oh yeah brother! That is definitely bomb and vanilla is perfect for this.. I just got my true nutrition vanilla cake batter and its amazing in everything

DylanGemelli said:
RickRock said:

Oh yeah brother! That is definitely bomb and vanilla is perfect for this.. I just got my true nutrition vanilla cake batter and its amazing in everything

Awesome man. I'll be trying that protein out soon myself!

DylanGemelli said:
RickRock said:

Wow, True Nutrition's site is incredible! Definitely spending some money there now!

I've done this before and I like it a lot but ill have to try a vanilla flavor for sure.

RR, International delight makes a sugar free/fat free french vanilla creamer where it's only 15 calories a tbsp I believe, and I use about half of that per 1 cup of coffee. I mean to be fat/sugar free of course it's gonna have a good amount of artificial shit but in such a small amount I think it's still pretty legit for the flavor and amount of cals.

I've tried so many times to stop drinking coffee but I can't I fucking love it !

KingWizard said:
I've done this before and I like it a lot but ill have to try a vanilla flavor for sure.

RR, International delight makes a sugar free/fat free french vanilla creamer where it's only 15 calories a tbsp I believe, and I use about half of that per 1 cup of coffee. I mean to be fat/sugar free of course it's gonna have a good amount of artificial shit but in such a small amount I think it's still pretty legit for the flavor and amount of cals.

I've tried so many times to stop drinking coffee but I can't I fucking love it !

Nice man. I may have to look into that one. I'm not anti artificial sweetener by any means. I use splenda and stevia regularly for things like sweet potatoes and a little bit in my coffee. I love coffee in the morning, and I like it to taste good!

RickRock said:
KingWizard said:

Nice man. I may have to look into that one. I'm not anti artificial sweetener by any means. I use splenda and stevia regularly for things like sweet potatoes and a little bit in my coffee. I love coffee in the morning, and I like it to taste good!

Yo RR I got 3 pounds of the true nutrition vanilla cake batter and I'm just not a fan.. I took one scoop of it just to try and well, if you want to buy it from me for cheap let me know because I definitely will not use it

KingWizard said:
RickRock said:
KingWizard said:

Yo RR I got 3 pounds of the true nutrition vanilla cake batter and I'm just not a fan.. I took one scoop of it just to try and well, if you want to buy it from me for cheap let me know because I definitely will not use it
Damn man. That sucks to hear honestly. I haven't gotten any from there yet, but I was hoping it was decent. Is your a whey blend, or just isolate?

43979aa39e0efeae264b7161012d468f.jpg
1e84e22b677302d80ce79d993dc09855.jpg

This is what I got. Yours for half price lol

85% Whey 15% Casein with some added fiber. Heavy Vanilla Cake Batter flavor and thats it

Sent using Tapatalk

KingWizard said:

85% Whey 15% Casein with some added fiber. Heavy Vanilla Cake Batter flavor and thats it

Sent using Tapatalk

Tempting, but if the taste isn't there, that's a big deal breaker for me

RickRock said:
KingWizard said:

Sent using Tapatalk

Tempting, but if the taste isn't there, that's a big deal breaker for me

the taste is there if you get the right flavor... what's your taste buds on powder bro? i'll give you some insight on the best flavors... ive had them all

Top Bottom