Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Problem areas & how to shock the muscle again

I think I need to just not work them for a week.That's helped me before with other problem areas.Thanks guys

I'd still like to see what techniques others have used when they got into a stall with a muscle group,so feel free to continue the discussion.
Look into myo reps and give that a go for your last exercise (I like preacher curl machine on this one).

You select a weight that you can easily get 15 reps on but stop at 10 reps. Take 8-10 breaths and do as many as you can. Then take 8-10 breaths again and do as many as you can. Keep doing this. I usually do this for as long as is tolerable (usually about 4-6 myo rep sets). If you don't get a pump from this... then I don't know man haha.

This is why I'm hesitant to mention a ketogenic diet on BB boards.Just about every one of then thumb their nose at it,but it's the only thing that has worked for me.I got my waistline down six inches in eight months doing this.Plus I get get unbelievable pumps in other areas.My quads,pecs,calves & tri's are jacked the ef up from this week.I do carb load one day a week & it's on my heaviest lifting day,usually legs,but I try & stay in ketosis 24/7 as much as possible.I really didn't want this to turn into my diet,because that's not it.I know it,or I wouldn't be getting pumped anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything,if that's how it sounded.I appreciate any training advice anyone could give.

You do what works for you.Just like many greats did eggs and beef, my dad still does tuna and water and I still do keto a few weeks every couple of months but the rest of the time my carbs stay low. Keto sucks for some and is a wonder for others. There are minimum requirements to stay alive for fats and for protein.No such thing for carbs. They are not mandatory to sustain life as fats and prtein are.Those that stay keto long enough actually change their metabolism to become fat bunring machines. Those who go keto for a week then feel like shit will blow a keto diet off. It takes about 6 months and you will never be interested in a a carb again.
For that reason you do what is good for you.Of course you can get pumps on zero carbs. Larry Scott surely did. As long as you overload the muscle then let it be and rest it

Look into myo reps and give that a go for your last exercise (I like preacher curl machine on this one).

You select a weight that you can easily get 15 reps on but stop at 10 reps. Take 8-10 breaths and do as many as you can. Then take 8-10 breaths again and do as many as you can. Keep doing this. I usually do this for as long as is tolerable (usually about 4-6 myo rep sets). If you don't get a pump from this... then I don't know man haha.

Sounds interesting.So what's that like a 15sec rest between sets?I'm going to check it out right now.

I've done something similar when I work the dumbell rack.I start out at 50lbs & work each arm for 8-10 reps & progress down to the 20 pounders.(50,45,40,35,30,25,20)

You do what works for you.Just like many greats did eggs and beef, my dad still does tuna and water and I still do keto a few weeks every couple of months but the rest of the time my carbs stay low. Keto sucks for some and is a wonder for others. There are minimum requirements to stay alive for fats and for protein.No such thing for carbs. They are not mandatory to sustain life as fats and prtein are.Those that stay keto long enough actually change their metabolism to become fat bunring machines. Those who go keto for a week then feel like shit will blow a keto diet off. It takes about 6 months and you will never be interested in a a carb again.
For that reason you do what is good for you.Of course you can get pumps on zero carbs. Larry Scott surely did. As long as you overload the muscle then let it be and rest it

Thanks Jake,I wholeheartedly agree.Frank Zane was another one of many that swore by the keto diet.I've been on it since Sept of last year.I screwed up a few times but have been pretty consistent with it the past 5-6 months.I've been trying to get rid of this gut for 10 years.I've tried so many stupid fad diets,but this has been the one thing where I've seen good results.

Sounds interesting.So what's that like a 15sec rest between sets?I'm going to check it out right now.

I've done something similar when I work the dumbell rack.I start out at 50lbs & work each arm for 8-10 reps & progress down to the 20 pounders.(50,45,40,35,30,25,20)

You should aim for roughly 10 seconds between sets. I like to go 8-10. I did this on leg extensions last night after squats, lunges, and hack squats... it was brutal.

Take some recovery time from biceps.

My secret muscle group killer is this.
Find a moderately heavy weight.

First is 5 reps.
rest 5 seconds
10 reps
rest 10 seconds
15 reps
rest 15 seconds
20 reps
rest 20 seconds.

continue up to 30 if you can.
That's one set. Shoot for 2 or three if you can.

As you get better at that try to swich up the rep count to like
7 reps
rest 7 seconds
14 reps
rest 14 seconds
21 reps
rest 21 seconds....

Tell you right now you aint never experienced such pump and pain.

This is why I'm hesitant to mention a ketogenic diet on BB boards.Just about every one of then thumb their nose at it,but it's the only thing that has worked for me.I got my waistline down six inches in eight months doing this.Plus I get get unbelievable pumps in other areas.My quads,pecs,calves & tri's are jacked the ef up from this week.I do carb load one day a week & it's on my heaviest lifting day,usually legs,but I try & stay in ketosis 24/7 as much as possible.I really didn't want this to turn into my diet,because that's not it.I know it,or I wouldn't be getting pumped anywhere else.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything,if that's how it sounded.I appreciate any training advice anyone could give.
Bro, I'm not saying ketogenic diets don't work. They absolutely positively do for many. All I'm saying is when you reduce muscle glycogen youre going to have less muscle cell volume which equates to less pumps. That's undeniable

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

You should aim for roughly 10 seconds between sets. I like to go 8-10. I did this on leg extensions last night after squats, lunges, and hack squats... it was brutal.

Sounds good!

Take some recovery time from biceps.

My secret muscle group killer is this.
Find a moderately heavy weight.

First is 5 reps.
rest 5 seconds
10 reps
rest 10 seconds
15 reps
rest 15 seconds
20 reps
rest 20 seconds.

continue up to 30 if you can.
That's one set. Shoot for 2 or three if you can.

As you get better at that try to swich up the rep count to like
7 reps
rest 7 seconds
14 reps
rest 14 seconds
21 reps
rest 21 seconds....

Tell you right now you aint never experienced such pump and pain.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.Thanks bro

Thanks Jake,I wholeheartedly agree.Frank Zane was another one of many that swore by the keto diet.I've been on it since Sept of last year.I screwed up a few times but have been pretty consistent with it the past 5-6 months.I've been trying to get rid of this gut for 10 years.I've tried so many stupid fad diets,but this has been the one thing where I've seen good results.

If you are seriously in to keto then you should get a copy of the book by Dan DuChaine,called "Underground Militant Weight Loss-Bodyopus" You have to keep in mind that these diets have to reload glycogen every 72 hours or so. I think Vince Gironda ate 1 nothing but carb meal every third day. Dan Duchaine has glycogen reload down to the minute. This is why I do not usually go zero carb, but rather low end carb. Keeping up with the glycogen reload can be a pain.

If you are seriously in to keto then you should get a copy of the book by Dan DuChaine,called "Underground Militant Weight Loss-Bodyopus" You have to keep in mind that these diets have to reload glycogen every 72 hours or so. I think Vince Gironda ate 1 nothing but carb meal every third day. Dan Duchaine has glycogen reload down to the minute. This is why I do not usually go zero carb, but rather low end carb. Keeping up with the glycogen reload can be a pain.

I don't eat zero carbs,just very little.I do a 60f/30p/10c split.I try & keep my net carbs under 30 most days.Any carbs I eat are fibrous veggies.No bread,rice,grains or pasta,a little sweet potato here & there.Sometimes I eat a little more protein when my body craves it.I just have to be careful not to eat too much because it can turn into glucose through gluconeogenesis.
I take psyllium husk for fiber cause it's hard to get enough just eating mostly fat & protein.
I usually listen to podcasts on the subject while I'm working out,but that book sounds interesting.I'll check it out.thx

I know guys that eat less than 10 carbs a day & they always seem to be having problems.They're losing fat fast but it comes with a price.Under 30 is a good spot for me.

Lighter weight. I've never even heard of not being able to get a pump in any muscle so you must be doing too much weight to get tired before they get a pump. Drop the weight and do reps until they feel like they're going to pop. Do you squeeze the muscle?

Phurious Pharma Rep
Email me at [email protected]

Lighter weight. I've never even heard of not being able to get a pump in any muscle so you must be doing too much weight to get tired before they get a pump. Drop the weight and do reps until they feel like they're going to pop. Do you squeeze the muscle?

Phurious Pharma Rep

I always do sets of 8-12 with little variation on the weight.Yes I squeeze the hell out of it up top & twist,then go double slow on the negative.I think they just need a rest.

Yeah, do they not burn?? This is a bit foreign to me so I'm not sure how you can not be able to get a pump. Maybe we are getting confused on language?

They burn but never get sore or super pumped up like the rest.

They burn but never get sore or super pumped up like the rest.

We'll burn means they're pumped. So really what you mean is they don't get sore? Then you need to take a break and then hit hard in a few weeks. They're just used to your workouts. Take two weeks off completely from everything and then destroy them. I guarantee you'll get sore.

Phurious Pharma Rep

This is also very true. If you are low on muscle glycogen, so goodbye to a good pump. Not gonna happen

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)
This is why I scream at people for doing there cardio first . dont deplete glycogen then lift . loft first when depleted from lofting do cardio and only remanimg source of energy is stored fat

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom