Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Low Carb Diets: A new video by Dylan Gemelli

Great video bro! I have found myself feeling pretty crapy eating very little carbs as you mentioned. But how can I balance carb intake? It seems my body is carb sensitive, meaning, the moment I start eating rice or some pastas, I start blowing up like a balloon. What would be an ideal form of carbs if my body is too sensetive to them?
(Maybe all low GI carbs)

Great video bro! I have found myself feeling pretty crapy eating very little carbs as you mentioned. But how can I balance carb intake? It seems my body is carb sensitive, meaning, the moment I start eating rice or some pastas, I start blowing up like a balloon. What would be an ideal form of carbs if my body is too sensetive to them?
(Maybe all low GI carbs)

I would say sticking to low GI carbs. Pastas are known to be a bad source for carbs,many some people don't respond well to rice. Just try figure out what works best for you. Oats, sweet potatoes, etc are good choices for me that work well

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Good vid. It all goes back to track your macros. I eat LOW carb, not no carb. My total carbs are 1/2 serving oats at breakfast, 1/2 sweet pot at lunch and usually whatever carbs I get in the evening from nuts, brocolli,some cheese,2 apples. If you eat no carbs you are just a walking brain fart. Your brain and body run best on glucose...not ketones. Eat according to the G.I. I also eat according to the mirror and how my pants fit. I know if I gain 1 friggin lb! And here is the BAD news. The older you get the less calories you need. So I may as well tell you my entire diet.
Breakfast-2-3 eggs, lunch-2-3cans tuna, dinner about 1lb of chicken or fish. I like to buy the big slabs of salmon and cook it over hardwood.

when I do low-no carb diets I can lean out in days... weeks. That's what i like about them. I can diet down for 4 weeks and be real lean

I dont believe doing a low-no carb diet for a long period of time is good... Any longer than a month i think you'll have issues

(Maybe all low GI carbs)

low carbs cause a lot of problems... sudden dizziness when standing up too quickly, lack of energy, difficult moving bowls, lack of energy, etc... its a very poor way to go about things...

you just have to find that kind of carb intake that works for you... pasta and bread is not an optimal choice... there are cleaner ways to get carbs... try things like rick mentioned... also look at a cereal like ezekiel which has very clean carbs etc... these are the types of things i would encourage you to go after... a lot of veggies, perhaps 3-4 servings per day...

when I do low-no carb diets I can lean out in days... weeks. That's what i like about them. I can diet down for 4 weeks and be real lean

yes but they are not sustainable... trust me, ive ran them for periods that would blow you away and its just a horrible thing i came to realize was just horrible for me in general... its not worth it in any shape or form... not to the extent of the damage it truly does to you... which you already know about as you posted later about not recommending it... its just a temporary fix that is not sustainable and not healthy...

this is another concept that is a fine line you don't want to cross... im always going to stay on the moderate end... protein will always be the highest part of intake for me but carbs definitely will make a significant amount more... from 20-25% up to 35-40

Also alot of people who low carb diet think there super sensitive because low carb diets dry you out you deplete glycogen and water causing rapid weight loss and making uou look leaner than you really are when you eat carbs again in a surplus more than you burn glycogen stores are refilled and hydration is restored but you beleive youve rapidly gained fat even though you didint consume enough calories for that too happen

Some people have great sucess at extended periods of time. Its not just some cut and dry program though. It takes years of adapting and finding what works for it to be sustainable. Generally carb cycling is the most sustainable and effective.

yes but they are not sustainable... trust me, ive ran them for periods that would blow you away and its just a horrible thing i came to realize was just horrible for me in general... its not worth it in any shape or form... not to the extent of the damage it truly does to you... which you already know about as you posted later about not recommending it... its just a temporary fix that is not sustainable and not healthy...

Yeah they def aren't sustainable that's for sure. I know a guy who did a keto diet for 16 weeks straight and had a lot of issues. He ended up looking worse and fucked up his insulin sensitivity. Right now I'm doing a no carb diet but only 4 weeks worth. It leans me out quick and I find it beneficial for me if I keep it at a low time frame. And year round a more moderate diet of getting all protein+carbs+fats is what I like.

Some people have great sucess at extended periods of time. Its not just some cut and dry program though. It takes years of adapting and finding what works for it to be sustainable. Generally carb cycling is the most sustainable and effective.

Gotta love carb cycling

When I do my offseason cuts I go really low carb and low fat but only like a week at a time ill add the carbs back stay in a defict for a week then do it again for a week usually thats enough ill lean bulk for another month then asses if ive went up a couple lbs of fat that will usually do to clean it up before it gets out of hand better too diet for short period frequently too avoid fat gain then spend months trying too loose 20 plus lbs you shouldnt have gained in the first place .

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom