Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

HELP! Pinned my sciatic nerve!

egq003

Pinned that big guy last week on accident. Tried to push through the nerve. Thought I did. Been having pain ever since and now it's increased to the point I cant sleep!! It feels like there is a golf ball in my glute. It's swollen but no redness or bruises. Stiffness and pain that shooting down the back of my leg sometimes to my foot. What do I do??!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shit. I didnt think it was really even possible to do. Where did yu pin exactly and what were you using to pin?
Man I would go to the doctor.

I bet you didnt even hit the sciadic nerve, I would think you would drop if you hit that.... Probably something else in the area though.

Surely you didn't push through it dude. Just touching it with the head of a pin would send you through the absolute freaking roof. There's no way you'd be able to sit there straight faced and push further. You'd be in vomit-inducing agony from the pain and your body wouldn't even let you sit still enough.

More likely you just rubbed the edge of it and injected near it, swelling the area and making it throb with localized trauma.

You should only be using the very top corner quadrant of your glute to make sure you're nowhere near hitting it.

Heat, hot shower massages and stretches are all you can really do now brother.

if you hit that nerve you would have dropped to your knees!!!, maybe close but if it took a day to feel it....no you didn't hit it

Surely you didn't push through it dude. Just touching it with the head of a pin would send you through the absolute freaking roof. There's no way you'd be able to sit there straight faced and push further. You'd be in vomit-inducing agony from the pain and your body wouldn't even let you sit still enough.

More likely you just rubbed the edge of it and injected near it, swelling the area and making it throb with localized trauma.

You should only be using the very top corner quadrant of your glute to make sure you're nowhere near hitting it.

Heat, hot shower massages and stretches are all you can really do now brother.

Oh my Lord!!! FML!! Well it's good to know I didn't hit it. But I must have been damn close. It been about a week now. This pain is excruciating. Plus I work on my feet all day.

were you more toward your crack versus ventro glute? obvi if you came close to that but I think you would have been carted away in the amberlamps if you woulda hit that

It's messing with my cardio and leg days. Maybe this quick break will help me. Got to stay strong on this diet.

20t2l2d.jpg

did you pin this far back?

were you more toward your crack versus ventro glute? obvi if you came close to that but I think you would have been carted away in the amberlamps if you woulda hit that

Ventro. But I angled the pin and was rushing so my hand wasn't steady. I normally do a hip or a delt. But I started with glutes and never had a problem.

How shaky wer you after you thought you hit the nerve? Maby when fininshin the shot you were shaking and caused way more damage then normal i did arms one day right hard and the next day was shot day my arms were so stiff i couldnt even reach my glutes i forced my arms back and when i pinned it i shook like a bastard a few days later there was a little bump and it hurt like a bitch for a week maby thats what you did

Ventro should be well away from any major nerve groups - that's why it's used over dorso.

Perhaps just a bad pin in general. You'll definitely cause a lot more trauma by shaking the needle if you aren't holding it steady. The leading edges can really shred up the muscle if the pin moves around.

If you pinned the nerve your foot would be hanging and no feeling in your leg. You only need to come close for that pecker to hurt.That is why the number one rated spot to inject is the V-glute. For now,get a TENS unit and use it for 1/2 hour x2 day. Then ice after each session. Instead of cardio do level ,no incline walking.Rest is not good fore sciatica...exercise is good. Take 2 Alleve am and pm. It should heal in less than 2 weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-electro...id=1462285622&sr=1-2&keywords=omron+tens+unit

If you pinned the nerve your foot would be hanging and no feeling in your leg. You only need to come close for that pecker to hurt.That is why the number one rated spot to inject is the V-glute. For now,get a TENS unit and use it for 1/2 hour x2 day. Then ice after each session. Instead of cardio do level ,no incline walking.Rest is not good fore sciatica...exercise is good. Take 2 Alleve am and pm. It should heal in less than 2 weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-electro...id=1462285622&sr=1-2&keywords=omron+tens+unit

Thank God I have a TENS already. Great advice. I'm on it. Got a couple Percocet and ibuprofen 800. But I'll switch to the alleve. I enjoy the Percocet TOO much to use them normally:((

I was freaking out a bit. Thanks for being there guys!

Oh my Lord!!! FML!! Well it's good to know I didn't hit it. But I must have been damn close. It been about a week now. This pain is excruciating. Plus I work on my feet all day.

There are many nerves besides the sciatic. Just hitting a normal nerve is painfull.

Top Bottom