Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Hammer Strength Machine Warriors

44YOGearHead

Word to the wise bro's Hammer Strength Machines look impressive, but lets be honest, it isn't the same as free weights. We know this... but the Hammer Strength Warriors have to learn the hard way. Next time you see someone load up a HSM with ten 45 plates please remind them politely that although it looks cool, it isn't.
Today some powerlifter came up to me and said 'I heard you have pretty impressive bench numbers', okay we can play this game dude. You look as if you outweigh me by 20 pounds or so and I see that you're feeling cocky since your homeboys are nearby snickering. Let's do this... my mind's safety disengaged and I was in go mode. Now I know you saw me doing triceps earlier with a shit ton of weight so you probably figured I might be weakened somewhat. Wrong, this is 44 bro. Challenges get met. So I responded "I do what I can do. Why whats up, need someone to push you?". He snickered and he said sure come on over. So the HSM holds 5 plates per side for a supposed 450 pounds + whatever the contraption adds to the party. He asked if I needed to lower the weight, I said I need help moving the plates to a real bench if you don't mind. Aww shit son, shit just got real. His friends are looking confused and shit and I explained that in my opinion the HSM was nice if you wanted to look strong, but really is counter productive. Again he snickered in disbelief. So we transferred over ten 45 pound plates to a bar/bench. Mind you this is a real 495 pounds... 450 in plates and 45 for the bar. He's looking doubtful, but I reminded him he was a powerlifter. I also asked if he needed a slingshot to assist him. He said he was good... smells like entertainment. He calls his boy over for a lift off. He went down in a controlled manner and completed a 4" lift with his buddies hands all over the bar before two of his bro's bailed him out. Sucker.
So my turn. He asked if I wanted to go lower because it was really heavy. I said "I'm good". I removed the collars and asked his boys to move because I didn't want a lift off or spotters. Oh the looks of disbelief baby... feed me your doubt. I gobble that shit up. 495 raw... 3 reps. I struggled a bit on the 3rd, but told them not to touch shit mid lift and racked it. There's a lesson to be learned at every turn... today's lesson was layered. Layer 1: HSM are not real lifts, but rather training aids to either get some strength up, or for easy days when you feel meh. Layer 2: That fucking gym that we are in... this fucking gym. It belongs to The 44. You tried to call me out, you got embarrassed not only in front of your boys, but in front of several gym patrons that watch me whenever I push in the 400's. Lift offs are instruments of doubt, they place the thought in your head that you already are defeated because you employed a way to lift it off the bar and have safeties in case you shit your pants. Don't be a fake ass powerlifter type on a Hammer Machine... you look the part, but you fucked yourself by getting away from the iron bro. Next week going for a 1RM of 500. Haven't dabbled in the 500's since I tore my pec... but fuck it.
Between Valhalla Test/EQ/The 44 Deca and Federal's Adrol... 500 is getting owned... just like the dude was today.
I ain't what I used to be, I'm better, stronger and better versed in anabolics.

Word to the wise bro's Hammer Strength Machines look impressive, but lets be honest, it isn't the same as free weights. We know this... but the Hammer Strength Warriors have to learn the hard way. Next time you see someone load up a HSM with ten 45 plates please remind them politely that although it looks cool, it isn't.
Today some powerlifter came up to me and said 'I heard you have pretty impressive bench numbers', okay we can play this game dude. You look as if you outweigh me by 20 pounds or so and I see that you're feeling cocky since your homeboys are nearby snickering. Let's do this... my mind's safety disengaged and I was in go mode. Now I know you saw me doing triceps earlier with a shit ton of weight so you probably figured I might be weakened somewhat. Wrong, this is 44 bro. Challenges get met. So I responded "I do what I can do. Why whats up, need someone to push you?". He snickered and he said sure come on over. So the HSM holds 5 plates per side for a supposed 450 pounds + whatever the contraption adds to the party. He asked if I needed to lower the weight, I said I need help moving the plates to a real bench if you don't mind. Aww shit son, shit just got real. His friends are looking confused and shit and I explained that in my opinion the HSM was nice if you wanted to look strong, but really is counter productive. Again he snickered in disbelief. So we transferred over ten 45 pound plates to a bar/bench. Mind you this is a real 495 pounds... 450 in plates and 45 for the bar. He's looking doubtful, but I reminded him he was a powerlifter. I also asked if he needed a slingshot to assist him. He said he was good... smells like entertainment. He calls his boy over for a lift off. He went down in a controlled manner and completed a 4" lift with his buddies hands all over the bar before two of his bro's bailed him out. Sucker.
So my turn. He asked if I wanted to go lower because it was really heavy. I said "I'm good". I removed the collars and asked his boys to move because I didn't want a lift off or spotters. Oh the looks of disbelief baby... feed me your doubt. I gobble that shit up. 495 raw... 3 reps. I struggled a bit on the 3rd, but told them not to touch shit mid lift and racked it. There's a lesson to be learned at every turn... today's lesson was layered. Layer 1: HSM are not real lifts, but rather training aids to either get some strength up, or for easy days when you feel meh. Layer 2: That fucking gym that we are in... this fucking gym. It belongs to The 44. You tried to call me out, you got embarrassed not only in front of your boys, but in front of several gym patrons that watch me whenever I push in the 400's. Lift offs are instruments of doubt, they place the thought in your head that you already are defeated because you employed a way to lift it off the bar and have safeties in case you shit your pants. Don't be a fake ass powerlifter type on a Hammer Machine... you look the part, but you fucked yourself by getting away from the iron bro. Next week going for a 1RM of 500. Haven't dabbled in the 500's since I tore my pec... but fuck it.
Between Valhalla Test/EQ/The 44 Deca and Federal's Adrol... 500 is getting owned... just like the dude was today.
I ain't what I used to be, I'm better, stronger and better versed in anabolics.

Hahahaha! Mase my day bro! Am using Hammer lift myself, but only because of building strength until Am going to free weight. Am working out around my injuries and fractures from auto accident!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha! Mase my day bro! Am using Hammer lift myself, but only because of building strength until Am going to free weight. Am working out around my injuries and fractures from auto accident!

That's totally understandable and valid bro, plus you ain't calling ppl out so much respect. At age 56 you deserve some respect for getting it in the gym.

anyone that lifts to try to impress others etc. or stacks plates for others to see is one sorry motherfucker to say the least... i love hammer strength machines and you can definitely lift a lot on there if you have any strength but whats the point if your not doing it controlled, with good form etc... what i have respect for is the person who can lift a great deal, nothing fucking crazy like 50 plates on each side but a substantial amount, with controlled movements, perfect posture, breathing, form etc. and still tear it up... thats impressive... the person who is so focused, there is noone even around... THATS the kind of person i respect the fuck out of and that's exactly how i operate in the gym...

anyone that lifts to try to impress others etc. or stacks plates for others to see is one sorry motherfucker to say the least... i love hammer strength machines and you can definitely lift a lot on there if you have any strength but whats the point if your not doing it controlled, with good form etc... what i have respect for is the person who can lift a great deal, nothing fucking crazy like 50 plates on each side but a substantial amount, with controlled movements, perfect posture, breathing, form etc. and still tear it up... thats impressive... the person who is so focused, there is noone even around... THATS the kind of person i respect the fuck out of and that's exactly how i operate in the gym...

Bravo! Am not there to inpress any one and do not give a shit who is looking! Now sometimes occasional dinner date +more is welcome! Lol! But primary competition for me is the man in mirror being better than last workout!

Haa that was great! I do use some hammer strength for chest but I mostly use dumbbells

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

HSM has a purpose and it is a great tool when (for me) avoiding injury. But that douche bag dude I squashed today had it coming. Everything has a purpose in the gym... that's why someone made the equipment, but to load up and try to impress someone when you know it's "lighter" and basically put up a front... come on bro's. Nuff of that shit already.

Yeah bro I didn't mean to be a dick, but this asshole forced my hand. HSM has a use and I use it in phases where I'm decompressing my body and alleviating the strains I get from lifting so heavy so don't think this rant was an insult towards all who use them... just the jerks who use them intentionally for the look of heavy lifts to be 'impressive'.

I agree completely man. I don't understand guys that worry about what others can lift etc...who gives a fuck. If guys would worry about their own lifts they might actually get somewhere.

For the record ILOVE hammer strength equipment myself. I feel they are an excellent tool in a bodybuilders arsenal for hypertrophy. I also can lift heavy on them without seriously fucking my shoulder unlike flat bench. I actually haven't flat benched in over a year. I do a lot of db movmemts, machines, and incline BB

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I'm so sick of the half rep guy that weighs 170 and has 3 plates on flat bench going down 3 inches for a rep 3 times. I'm embarrassed by this guy at my gym that does this . He has all
Eyes on him then after he bends his arms 3 inches people walk away laughing and shaking there head. Ego is a motherfucker for most people.

Oh he just working out by his dick size? 3 inches is not much goid for anything!

I love when cocky people get served. Well done 44! And for the record, I like HSM for some rep work.....actually used the lat pull down yesterday for some reps and blood flow to my lats.....after my compound work was done

I love when cocky people get served. Well done 44! And for the record, I like HSM for some rep work.....actually used the lat pull down yesterday for some reps and blood flow to my lats.....after my compound work was done

Don't get it twisted I use the lat pull down myself for one armed work in every back routine. They are great machines, everything has a use and purpose if applied properly I am not anti- HSM. I'm just anti-trying to look like you can bench ungodly numbers using it when in real life we know what looks like 405 might feel like 295. I wouldn't have even fucked with this dude had he just STFU and did his own thing, but call it the stubborn side of me that willingly seeks confrontation when it rears it's head that caused what happened to occur. I dislike the fuck out guys that DB bench press 120's and drop the shits on the floor like 'what!!!??!??!'... dude 120+120= 240. Looks cool with DB's, looks lightweight with a bar and they know this. If you wanna impress the bitches, pull out your wallet and buy some Jimmy Choo.

Fucking epic my man. You nailed 495 for 3! 500 will be a breeze.

Pm me for Robolics GAINS!

Top Bottom