napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Guitar thread

cmb5017

I know we had one...but it's buried deep in the forum again so I'm starting up a new one. Some dude had a liquidation sale today selling all his gear..man I wanted it all lol..but I racked up..Got a killer 12 acoustic/electric for $150. Just played some patients by gnr and free bird..bro u would of been blown away got a nice classical for the boy and a Washburn for the girl for Christmas..dude had some good shit

Bro he had a flying v I almost bought it lol..it was awesome. I have a les myself. Shit I'm always buying a guitar I just love em all. He had a lap steel guitar I wanted to...don't know how to play it but I can teach myself

Bro he had a flying v I almost bought it lol..it was awesome. I have a les myself. Shit I'm always buying a guitar I just love em all. He had a lap steel guitar I wanted to...don't know how to play it but I can teach myself

I take the v and open tune it.Then play slide with the tube on my baby finger.Bottleneck baby...slide it on away....Statesboro Blues

i have an ESP LTD right now, its old and i havent gotten around to buying a new guitar yet. its pretty much like ESP's version of a les paul

speaking of guitar, does anyone have any music they can post up? i have quite a few songs but they are all Metal, for those of you who like metal

I have an Ibanez RG220 back at my folks house. I moved across the country and only took what I could fit in my little car lol. I miss my axe :(.

i have an ESP LTD right now, its old and i havent gotten around to buying a new guitar yet. its pretty much like ESP's version of a les paul

speaking of guitar, does anyone have any music they can post up? i have quite a few songs but they are all Metal, for those of you who like metal

LOVE metal. I listen to a lot of progressive metal and power metal. Really gets me amped up.

my guitar days are behind me.. I have Epiphone Broadway and a Epiphone Les Paul... I built my own amp from a hoffman board kit, I also have a Tube works amp those are hard to find,, lets hear some stairway on that 12 string

LOVE metal. I listen to a lot of progressive metal and power metal. Really gets me amped up.

The metal tends to be easier to play. When you start doing jazz and blues it gets tricky. You go into an A6 flat, from A, and in jazz you do chords that you can't actually name. Maybe E6 major! Then with slide guitar, you can open tune the strings to an E and crank out some serious eric clapton when he was with Cream and also with the Yardbirds. Metal is just hitting chords really hard in the same basic pattern. To me personally it is not very challenging, and neither is country. Sometimes I hear country songs that are just a 2 chord progression. Check out on youtube Albert King doing Laundramat Blues. He plays left handed and upside down. Fuuuuug me!

Yall do know what a National Steel is right? Slide blues baby...slide on the middle finger.

The metal tends to be easier to play. When you start doing jazz and blues it gets tricky. You go into an A6 flat, from A, and in jazz you do chords that you can't actually name. Maybe E6 major! Then with slide guitar, you can open tune the strings to an E and crank out some serious eric clapton when he was with Cream and also with the Yardbirds. Metal is just hitting chords really hard in the same basic pattern. To me personally it is not very challenging, and neither is country. Sometimes I hear country songs that are just a 2 chord progression. Check out on youtube Albert King doing Laundramat Blues. He plays left handed and upside down. Fuuuuug me!

Yall do know what a National Steel is right? Slide blues baby...slide on the middle finger.

i will agree that "metal" is easy to play, as in the mainstream garbage they call metal. a lot of metal i like incorporates a lot of jazz and blues influences. im very picky when it comes to metal. you need to hear some real metal man..and if you want something that is challenging to play and is metal, then try:

Necrophagist, epitaph album, german technical death metal. this is like PRIMO of tech death

or for melodic metal Killswitch Engage. they have superb song structure, riffs, and lyrics. very creative. this is like SARMS

for some good old fashioned american metal, Lamb of God, ashes of the wake CD. this is like TBOL

or some good old fashioned deathcore, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Malice album. this is like DBOL

ive seen albert king before, very old school. remember i am old school lol, i used to listen to jimi hendrix, stevie ray vaughn, robert cray, metallica, pantera

i will agree that "metal" is easy to play, as in the mainstream garbage they call metal. a lot of metal i like incorporates a lot of jazz and blues influences. im very picky when it comes to metal. you need to hear some real metal man..and if you want something that is challenging to play and is metal, then try:

Necrophagist, epitaph album, german technical death metal. this is like PRIMO of tech death

or for melodic metal Killswitch Engage. they have superb song structure, riffs, and lyrics. very creative. this is like SARMS

for some good old fashioned american metal, Lamb of God, ashes of the wake CD. this is like TBOL

or some good old fashioned deathcore, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Malice album. this is like DBOL

ive seen albert king before, very old school. remember i am old school lol, i used to listen to jimi hendrix, stevie ray vaughn, robert cray, metallica, pantera

Pantera-I see Phil all the time. Used to party with him and dimebag.

my guitar days are behind me.. I have Epiphone Broadway and a Epiphone Les Paul... I built my own amp from a hoffman board kit, I also have a Tube works amp those are hard to find,, lets hear some stairway on that 12 string

I have a few tube amps. Old sivertones and fenders, twins etc. I mostly use them to play Harmonica. I also play alto and soprano sax. Check out youtube with Magic Dick on harp playing Whammer Jammer

yeah jazz theory will help metal big time.. in fact classical will help metal too, i loved jazz very open, classical is too rigid for me.. im down with some black metal

Top Bottom