Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

DO NOT Fall Asleep while Hard Boiling Eggs: LESSON LEARNED!!

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
So, here is a story for all of you and anyone that rips me or makes fun of me, WELL BY ALL MEANS BECAUSE I FUCKING DESERVE IT!! LISTEN TO THIS...

As many of you know, I rarely sleep although I am definitely working on this and have been getting better... I had an overload of work yesterday, had a normal intense gym session, then an even longer "session" with my fiance and then back to work... I generally eat my egg whites and oat bran before bed and have been following this for over 5 years now... It's one of my secrets for waking up dry etc... So I do like to mix it up and some nights I make hard boiled eggs and make the protein poppers where i pull out the yoke, fill with protein powder, melt it etc. and its amazing... Last night, it was about 3:00 a.m. and i started boiling my eggs before bed... I decided to sit on the couch for a few minutes and watch late night French Open Tennis since it is on live at odd times... Well, I past out with the eggs going... ONE HOUR LATER I hear what I think its gun fire blazing... POP, POP, POP, POP etc... I fucking jumped off the couch, crouched down etc... LOL... FUCK ME if there is not egg EVERYWHERE and I MEAN EVERY FUCKING WHERE... you talk about a mess and disaster... they exploded half way across the kitchen, on the cabinets, microwave... It literally took me a fucking hour to get that mess cleaned up etc... Needless to say, by the time i cleaned and actually ate, it was past 5 a.m.... LESSON LEARNED, DO NOT FALL ASLEEP while hard boiling eggs!!!!

Ok i love ya bro BUT, That fucking gets the DAILY DUMMY award. Hands down. Lmao. Fucking dylan.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

I deserve every last bit of abuse thrown my way on that one... Trust me, i can take it like a man... if i heard someone else did this, fuck, i would be ALL OVER THEM... LOL

I actually did something similar to this the other night, but luckily my buddies wife saw me asleep on the couch and turned off the stove! I guess if they weren't here visiting I would have learned the "hard" way as well! Haha, I made a joke! But seriously, glad nothing worse happened....insomnia can be a bitch at times.

DylanGemelli said:
So, here is a story for all of you and anyone that rips me or makes fun of me, WELL BY ALL MEANS BECAUSE I FUCKING DESERVE IT!! LISTEN TO THIS...

As many of you know, I rarely sleep although I am definitely working on this and have been getting better... I had an overload of work yesterday, had a normal intense gym session, then an even longer "session" with my fiance and then back to work... I generally eat my egg whites and oat bran before bed and have been following this for over 5 years now... It's one of my secrets for waking up dry etc... So I do like to mix it up and some nights I make hard boiled eggs and make the protein poppers where i pull out the yoke, fill with protein powder, melt it etc. and its amazing... Last night, it was about 3:00 a.m. and i started boiling my eggs before bed... I decided to sit on the couch for a few minutes and watch late night French Open Tennis since it is on live at odd times... Well, I past out with the eggs going... ONE HOUR LATER I hear what I think its gun fire blazing... POP, POP, POP, POP etc... I fucking jumped off the couch, crouched down etc... LOL... FUCK ME if there is not egg EVERYWHERE and I MEAN EVERY FUCKING WHERE... you talk about a mess and disaster... they exploded half way across the kitchen, on the cabinets, microwave... It literally took me a fucking hour to get that mess cleaned up etc... Needless to say, by the time i cleaned and actually ate, it was past 5 a.m.... LESSON LEARNED, DO NOT FALL ASLEEP while hard boiling eggs!!!!

Hahaha!! I literally bursted out in laughter as i was reading this! Thats hilarious Dylan! I remember setting off all the smoke alarms in the house one time i decided to cook late at night and fell asleep, but i think you got me beat on this one brother! LMAO!!

Dylan, you made a mess in that beautiful kitchen? lol

If it makes you feel better I woke up at 5 AM one morning to go to the gym and while my wife and kids were sleeping I turned on my stove top vacuum pot coffee maker (which looks like a meth lab) and proceeded to put on my clothes.

Well I actually turned on the wrong burner and instead turned one on that had a pan with bacon grease residuals in it.. So as I put on my shoes the fire alarm goes off and wakes the whole family up. I fortunately got to it before it ignited (just smoked) but my alarm directly connects to the fire department. They will call to verify if there is an actual fire but the alarm was so damn loud I never heard the call.

So I get the alarm off, coffee made, etc... walk out the door and a fire truck roles up sirens blaring. I told them it was all okay but they had to see for themselves. Three fully suited fireman had to come inside and take a look. They didn't think my comment about my coffeemaker just being a meth lab was humorous though;)

Dummy award for that one,
but I still made it to the gym by 6AM.

That story's the most hilarious I've ever read. Everyone has their dumbass moment though haha, so lesson be learned ;)

RickRock said:
DylanGemelli said:

Hahaha!! I literally bursted out in laughter as i was reading this! Thats hilarious Dylan! I remember setting off all the smoke alarms in the house one time i decided to cook late at night and fell asleep, but i think you got me beat on this one brother! LMAO!!

LOLLL needless to say, my fiance had they done and ready before she went to bed and said she would continue to do so every night!! LOLLL I guess it worked out for the best for me!

DylanGemelli said:

LMAO!! AHH MAN THAT SUCKS...THANKS FOR THE TIP AND A GOOD LAUGH...

RickRock said:
DylanGemelli said:

Been there done that too when making a sandwich in my toaster oven late at night. Naturally my dumb ass had to fall asleep on the couch :shock:

DylanGemelli said:

I had a neighbor, when I lived in apartments, who did this and he burned all of the water out of the pot and the eggs burned up. So bad that the fire department was called. It literally smoked out his apartment. Glad that didn't happen to you!!

p.s. My neighbor passed out from an alcohol induced state.

jdcain19 said:
DylanGemelli said:

I had a neighbor, when I lived in apartments, who did this and he burned all of the water out of the pot and the eggs burned up. So bad that the fire department was called. It literally smoked out his apartment. Glad that didn't happen to you!!

p.s. My neighbor passed out from an alcohol induced state.

thanks for the concern brother... mine definitely was not alcohol induced but EXHAUSTED induced... othat's my own fault but i can be my own worst enemy on that... im working so hard on getting a better sleep schedule... i always want to work all day and night but i am finding to really be less productive by putting so much strain on myself... im trying my best to correct that one

Dylan, you should make sure you get enough sleep each and every night. I've burned the candle at both ends many times in my work and results haven't been that pretty for me either :shock:

IronFox said:
Dylan, you should make sure you get enough sleep each and every night. I've burned the candle at both ends many times in my work and results haven't been that pretty for me either :shock:

trust me bro, im working on it.... you are absolutely right

Top Bottom