Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

cutting vs recomping

fatboy0666

quick question, been doing a triple stack for 8 weeks with 4 to go, eating at a deficit for 6 months, I started at 175 lbs at 18 % bf, now im 141 at 9%. I would like to start eating more to try and add some good lean muscle. should I wait till im done with the triple stack or can I raise my caloric intake now.

fatboy0666 said:
quick question, been doing a triple stack for 8 weeks with 4 to go, eating at a deficit for 6 months, I started at 175 lbs at 18 % bf, now im 141 at 9%. I would like to start eating more to try and add some good lean muscle. should I wait till im done with the triple stack or can I raise my caloric intake now.

If you are fine with where you are at with leanness, you can start adding calories back in now. Just be careful with your adjustments. You don't want to add too much too soon, or youll gain too much fat in the process. You should always do small controlled increases or decreases for cutting or gaining. You worked hard to get lean, and there's no reason you can't stay that way. Just put yourself at 500 over maintenance or so and that will give you slow controlled lean gains over time

thanx rick. I would like to go down 1 more % to get to 8 . I still alittle fat around my belly but at my age 44 I don't think I can get rid of it completely. and I am getting tired of everybody telling me I am too damn thin. so I thought if I was to start eating 300 to 400 more cals a day I could still be cutting a little bit, but may be able to start adding a little really lean mass.

fatboy0666 said:
thanx rick. I would like to go down 1 more % to get to 8 . I still alittle fat around my belly but at my age 44 I don't think I can get rid of it completely. and I am getting tired of everybody telling me I am too damn thin. so I thought if I was to start eating 300 to 400 more cals a day I could still be cutting a little bit, but may be able to start adding a little really lean mass.

Well, it's going to be really hard to still cut bodyfat, while in a surplus unless your calorie expenditure is more than your intake. However you can keep from gaining fat for sure if you do it correctly. Recomp is the single hardest thing to do successfully in all of bodybuilding. It takes years and years of expirimentation to figure out what exact calorie range, foods, macro ratio, and cardio including what amount and what kind to do. We are all individual specific on our responses to these things, and you have to get to know your own body. Until you get to that point it's best to pick one goal at a time and go with that

thanx rick, great info. I think I will stick with the cutting, atleast till I am done with the triple stack, which has done exactly what I was told it would. much leaner and a lot more vascularity. thanx for your help...

fatboy0666 said:
thanx rick, great info. I think I will stick with the cutting, atleast till I am done with the triple stack, which has done exactly what I was told it would. much leaner and a lot more vascularity. thanx for your help...

No problem brother. Glad I could be of help

rick gave you very strong advice and i HIGHLY recommend following everything he said to do here bro...

i want to commend on the progress you have made... over 30 lbs. and 9% body fat in 8 weeks... that's amazing man... i wish you had a log going! you have to feel like a new man! that's so encouraging and beneficial for everyone to see...

fatboy0666 said:

Good work man!!! I too cut major weight, 190 down to 160. I was amazed at comments I'd get from some people. It was like they were shaming me for turning my life around. Or they preferred me to have a double chin and big ol belly. I'm kinda figuring out my calories and have started to bulk up and the comments have definitely gone from one extreme to the next. Now I get "bro" jokes and gym rat jokes. I've never really given a shit about what people think about me so I could care less, I just think it's funny how some people can never just be like "nice work" or "good job". I think other people's success forces them to think of their own lack of discipline or will power. I've found that the only genuinely complimentary people I run into (in regards to fitness) are my wife, people I see daily at the gym, and the people here on Adrenaline Rush. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locman12 said:
fatboy0666 said:

Good work man!!! I too cut major weight, 190 down to 160. I was amazed at comments I'd get from some people. It was like they were shaming me for turning my life around. Or they preferred me to have a double chin and big ol belly. I'm kinda figuring out my calories and have started to bulk up and the comments have definitely gone from one extreme to the next. Now I get "bro" jokes and gym rat jokes. I've never really given a shit about what people think about me so I could care less, I just think it's funny how some people can never just be like "nice work" or "good job". I think other people's success forces them to think of their own lack of discipline or will power. I've found that the only genuinely complimentary people I run into (in regards to fitness) are my wife, people I see daily at the gym, and the people here on Adrenaline Rush. Good luck and keep up the good work.

one thing you will find is that many become jealous and make comments regardless of what you do... the better you do the more they despise... my wife has always dealt with that etc... she's only 93 lbs. and she loves to workout etc... she's just small, that's it and people in her family that are overweight always give her a hard time and i have stressed the importance of understanding why they are doing this etc... she's barely 5 ft. and she eats very healthy but fuck, she eats more than i do... its just extremely clean... she enjoys it... so what's the problem with being healthy? lolll It is very simple... there are always some who genuinely care and mean what they say but more so than not, people are envious and do not want to see yo do well... you should always use that as fuel to the fire... keep doing what your doing bro...

Locman12 said:
fatboy0666 said:

You will run into the haters everywhere you go. A lot of people that aren't happy with the way they look will make negative comments to those that succeed to make thems feel better about themselves. Those that progress and succeed are far more likely to lift you up rather than put you down. That's why many in the gym will compliment you, along with family, close friends, etc...

Top Bottom