Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Crockpot question

emperor

Hi everyone

I see a few of you use a crockpot to cook food in bulk.

I have never cooked in a crockpot before and I hear it's very good. I'm planning on getting one to cook food in bulk.

My question is if I want to cook up some chicken breast or turkey breast in it what should I use as the base for it that's diet friendly. Also if there's anything I should add to it I appreciate it.

Thank you and happy holidays!
Emperor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cook mine in water with no salt seasonings and garlic..(onions, peppers and tomatoes i put in if im having for dinner that night but to make in bulk i don't use tomatoes or peppers they don't keep as long)... Sometimes use a little fat free reduced sodium chicken broth within the water. And other times I throw in some hot sauce.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Depends what your goals are. Im bulking so I allow for some sway in diet at times. I'll throw a bunch of breasts in and dump a bottle of salsa in and let it cook for 6 hours. I throw them in frozen too.
Being a little more conscious I bake them. Haven't done the water as MizzB was saying. But it sounds good.

Depends what your goals are. Im bulking so I allow for some sway in diet at times. I'll throw a bunch of breasts in and dump a bottle of salsa in and let it cook for 6 hours. I throw them in frozen too.
Being a little more conscious I bake them. Haven't done the water as MizzB was saying. But it sounds good.

Works great for shredding..or keeping moist over a few days... just as long as they are seasoned well they taste great! We do the salsa as well but I gotta watch my sodium so haven't been adding it in

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yup, some low sodium chicken broth, onions, carrots, celery, potato's, plenty of spices. Pretty much anything you would put in chicken soup would work great.
I love crock pot cooking. You can throw an old leather boot in one of those and it will come out tender! LOL

I havent tried chicken breasts in the crockpot. I figured it would dry them out too much. Guess not if everybody is saying good things. Maybe I'll give it a shot

I havent tried chicken breasts in the crockpot. I figured it would dry them out too much. Guess not if everybody is saying good things. Maybe I'll give it a shot

Have to add broth. And some veggies. Like potatoes and carrots. Boom awesome

PHURIOUS

RickRock, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good shredded chicken can be in the crockpot for you. MissBizz pretty much covered you OP; I'd add that chicken stock is an option as well.

yes canned tomatoes diced, celery onions potatoes garlic little chicken broth and add any meat you choose pork tenderloin, chicken, roast (which is fatty) pork chops anything. it is awesome cooking with a crockpot. add all that in turn it on low and voila' when you get home from work mealtime!!!!

Top Bottom