napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cardio !

RUCingdsgainz

VIP Member
Cardio is not my thing and never has been I have been building my cardio over the last few months in preparation for a possible police academy date. I have been lifting for over 12 years and cardio has never been a priority however I do train high volume. Dylan I know you love your cardio got any tips to help me boost my results? I run 2 miles 5 times a week after my hour and 45 min workout but my calves and shins have been giving me issue seems like there not adjusting to the running as well as I would like. Should roll them out with one of those pad rollers? Really not trying to get shin splints in the academy.

Cardio is not my thing and never has been I have been building my cardio over the last few months in preparation for a possible police academy date. I have been lifting for over 12 years and cardio has never been a priority however I do train high volume. Dylan I know you love your cardio got any tips to help me boost my results? I run 2 miles 5 times a week after my hour and 45 min workout but my calves and shins have been giving me issue seems like there not adjusting to the running as well as I would like. Should roll them out with one of those pad rollers? Really not trying to get shin splints in the academy.

If I were you I'd stop running 2 miles 5 days a week, I'd move to one short interval sprint workout(10x100m, 6x200m etc),one tempo run(keep same pace for each set i.e. 4x1200m, 2x 1mile) and one longer distance run 4-5miles. The other 2-3 days a week I'd do some low impact cardio(Elliptical, bike, concept2,Jacobs Ladder). You should check out stew smith he writes a lot of programs for SOF units and Tac LEO teams

It can be a trial and error.....Personally for me a slow steady Pace effects of cardio works the best. Maybe try a couple different protocols and find one that works for you.

If you're trying to increase endurance and stamina, try alternating HIIT and moderate intensity sessions. Don't run every time. Sometimes do bike, stair stepper, or incline treadmill. That will keep the shin splints to a minimum. Running continuously can be hard on the body. I cant even do it much anymore because of the impact on my discs and knees

If you're trying to increase endurance and stamina, try alternating HIIT and moderate intensity sessions. Don't run every time. Sometimes do bike, stair stepper, or incline treadmill. That will keep the shin splints to a minimum. Running continuously can be hard on the body. I cant even do it much anymore because of the impact on my discs and knees

Yes running def take a toll on my knees and back as well I hate it. Iv never down the stairs before does that really do anything for endurance?

The treadmill gives me problems with my knees as well, I get my cardio in using the elliptical machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes running def take a toll on my knees and back as well I hate it. Iv never down the stairs before does that really do anything for endurance?

Hey, I had the same issues as you but I personally still loved running.

Have you considered taking Glucosamine?

Hey, I had the same issues as you but I personally still loved running.

Have you considered taking Glucosamine?

I actually do take glucosamine fish oil and another joint supplement that is a blend of several ingriedients including cologen for my joint I juts have always had joint issues even with supplementation I just can’t win

Top Bottom