napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Canned Tuna..Fear of Mercury?

I am shoveling canned tuna( whole foods 365 low sodium pole caught) down my throat.
I am sick of cooking. I was cooking a buch of chicken for the week, but I like it fresh and I brine it in brown sugar/salt, but still not like fresh of grill or broiler.
Tuna is way easy and no clean up. Do I need to be worried about eating 12-15 cans a week. I read it will mess with your head. I also read that your body takes in only so much Mercury and once it's had its feel it excretes any extra.
Anyone familiar with this subject or experienced mercury poisoning?

I didn't know that..I get albacore because of the sodium content..Light is double the sodium at least in the 365..if I remember right 5.5 can 2 servings lite is 120mg a serving 240mga can and the albacore is 20mg serving 40 mg a can..that really adds up.

SpikedEggnog said:
theres more mercury in vaccinations then your canned tuna..

Right, but vaccinations are few and far in between. Canned tuna is a constant source. X amount 15 times a week built up can be far greater than Y amount that comes from the vaccines. (Not trying to argue or throw offenses lol)

I've heard/read too many conflicting reports about it. One says that for my size, two to three cans a week is the "safe limit". I'd be glad to hear from some of the nutrition experts on here

Good to know, thanks for the link..any time you hear or see the word "tuna", It's followed by "Mercury"..
It almost now feels like"don't to talk to strangers" when we're young..lol
I can eat it without waiting for something bad to happen.. Lol

I don't see a problem with it whatsoever. It would take a shit ton of tuna to give you any kind of mercury levels that would be negative.mi personally can't fathom eating that much tuna, but I just don't care for it myself. Never have really

Saiyan said:
SpikedEggnog said:

Right, but vaccinations are few and far in between. Canned tuna is a constant source. X amount 15 times a week built up can be far greater than Y amount that comes from the vaccines. (Not trying to argue or throw offenses lol)

I've heard/read too many conflicting reports about it. One says that for my size, two to three cans a week is the "safe limit". I'd be glad to hear from some of the nutrition experts on here

the real question is why are they poisoning you with vaccines?

but canned tuna is fine, they blow everything out of proportion. everything is bad and everything causes cancer, well news flash, we all DIE anyways, heck people smoke and drink their whole lives and live longer then people who dont.. Its Life..i wouldnt worry about it you wont have problems..

If you're afraid of mercury in tuna I hope you're not a vaccinator lol but fuck man, unless you get farm raised which isn't good, you can't really avoid the Mercury. Maybe try researching which waters have highest mercury content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saiyan said:
SpikedEggnog said:

For babies they're not few and far between though. There are like 40 different ones given to new norms within the first year of life I think it is. But again I wouldn't worry about fish as much as man made things that have Mercury purposely put in them... Which includes high fructose corn syrup, now renamed "fructose" to sound healthier.... For anyone who didn't know already.

JackSteel said:
Saiyan said:
SpikedEggnog said:

For babies they're not few and far between though. There are like 40 different ones given to new norms within the first year of life I think it is. But again I wouldn't worry about fish as much as man made things that have Mercury purposely put in them... Which includes high fructose corn syrup, now renamed "fructose" to sound healthier.... For anyone who didn't know already.

Lol are you serious, i didn't know they renamed high fructose corn syrup to Fructose - that's ridiculous, not even the same thing..

Get light tuna only and you will have zero issues. The mercury thing is super over exaggerated. Unless your eating albacore or yellow fin. Then I'd be scared at 15 cans a week.

I've been eating light tuna for years. It used to be my primary protien source, ate over a pound a day for 6 months. No mercury poisoning here.

SpikedEggnog said:
JackSteel said:
Saiyan said:
"SpikedEggnog" said:

Lol are you serious, i didn't know they renamed high fructose corn syrup to Fructose - that's ridiculous, not even the same thing..
Yeah HFCS has way too bad a rep. Even Hershey's is taking out the HFCS so they renamed it fructose to sound like healthy fruit sugar lol
And yes tests on HFCS have showed there are lots of brands that contain mercury.

JackSteel said:
SpikedEggnog said:
JackSteel said:
Saiyan said:
"SpikedEggnog" said:

Yeah HFCS has way too bad a rep. Even Hershey's is taking out the HFCS so they renamed it fructose to sound like healthy fruit sugar lol
And yes tests on HFCS have showed there are lots of brands that contain mercury.

Man that pisses me off dude, thanks for letting me know..

Yeah those rat bastards knew that their high fructose corn syrup had a bad rep so they said since it contains over 90% fructose that they will now call it fructose

drb_iac said:
Yeah those rat bastards knew that their high fructose corn syrup had a bad rep so they said since it contains over 90% fructose that they will now call it fructose

sly devils

Top Bottom