napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cable weight vs free weight

I looked at my gym's cable crossover machine today…5 pulley's a side one is 8 inches in diameter.
The triceps push down…..2 pulleys ea 3 inches…

no wonder I can do the whole stack on the crossover…LOL

Yeah I'll have to check today I think there's only 2 pulley wheels on this machine, maybe 3.

One set up my gym has is a two pulley contraption, the other I prefer for cross overs is single. Everyone else uses the two pulley set up standing there taking up two stations like assholes when the single is virtually untouched... goes to show you which one feels heavier. I hate all those fucktards that seek out the look of heavy versus the real heavy. If I had a dollar for every douche bag in a stringer, or torn up tee that goes to my gym I'd be a millionaire... bottom line there are exercises and equipment meant for serious growth and there are those intended for finishing detail... cables= finishing details IMO.

Stack everything, Lift everything, Kill everything... somebody owes me a dollar for that revelation.

Well here is my 2 cents in references to cables vs free weights. Cable machines and machines in general were actually developed to help those who had been injured. They were designed to isolate and help work certain muscle groups without needing the person to engage any other accessory muscles. So, with that being said, the weight feels lighter with a cable machines when you engage those accessory muscles when lifting heavy on a cable machines because the weights are built into a machine and only go one direction. When you go free weight, you are the machine on top of working the muscle. So if you are curling, the weight isn't just going up and down in the curl. You still have to control the weight so that it does not go side to side, or you're not bringing your elbows in or out while lifting the weight. Even though inevitably you're going to do something. You are also activating your core to help stabilize and ground yourself when lifting the weight, to prevent yourself from moving while pulling the heavy weight, or you're counter balancing yourself and so on. The machine does all the above short of lifting the weight, so the strength you have to use to stabilize and control is all directed to the use of the muscle group you are focused on because of the machine.

One set up my gym has is a two pulley contraption, the other I prefer for cross overs is single. Everyone else uses the two pulley set up standing there taking up two stations like assholes when the single is virtually untouched... goes to show you which one feels heavier. I hate all those fucktards that seek out the look of heavy versus the real heavy. If I had a dollar for every douche bag in a stringer, or torn up tee that goes to my gym I'd be a millionaire... bottom line there are exercises and equipment meant for serious growth and there are those intended for finishing detail... cables= finishing details IMO.

Stack everything, Lift everything, Kill everything... somebody owes me a dollar for that revelation.

The less amount of pulleys on the machine is just a mind fuck for ignorant people. Though the single pulley can make the weight slightly heavier due to the fact that the machine only uses one pulley to engage the machine. Mechanics would say more pulleys helps reduce the amount of weight you are actually doing work with. But if the manufacturer of the machine used either single or double pulley, you should still be pulling the same weight and the different pulleys should be taken into account for the machine so the weight should feel the same either way.

The less amount of pulleys on the machine is just a mind fuck for ignorant people. Though the single pulley can make the weight slightly heavier due to the fact that the machine only uses one pulley to engage the machine. Mechanics would say more pulleys helps reduce the amount of weight you are actually doing work with. But if the manufacturer of the machine used either single or double pulley, you should still be pulling the same weight and the different pulleys should be taken into account for the machine so the weight should feel the same either way.

More pulleys make a difference... diameter as well. The mechanics is undeniable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More pulleys make a difference... diameter as well. The mechanics is undeniable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yea definitely. If the manufacturer was smart they would adjust the wieght on the machine to counter act the amount of pulleys. For example one pulley might need a 43 lb plate to equal 40 lbs of actual weight that is written on the machine . Two pulleys might need a 49 lb plate to pull 40 lbs. I don't know if that makes any sense. My mind is all fucked up when trying to explain stuff sometimes lol. But yes I agree more pulleys equals lighter shit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

yup, engineering shows # of pulleys and diameter to change the amount of energy required to move a specific amount of weight. Its engineering 101.

All I know is the Peregrin Falcon aka The Hayabusa (Japanese) has an airspeed in free fall of over 200MPH when attacking prey... this is why Suzuki Motors selected the name Hayabusa for the only sportbike I ride.

I remember when Hayabusa's first came out. We called them "Toss'aBusa's" because the dealerships repair shops were full of them after ignorant street squids tossed'm.

Somehow I cant see you on a Hayabusa dragging a knee in the corners... :)

i had a NASTY customized hayabusa for a few years but i found out when my dad passed away that he was desperately wanting me to get rid of it but i never knew so i sold it immediately... it felt like a sign and the fucker was just too fast... i dropped it going like 15 mph and it fucked me up so that alone was enough for me...

I raced on Road for a number of years, so always got a good laugh at street squids trying to keep up with me. I've got this old 95 BMW I took up this one mountain road, nice twisties, these squids were like blowing by me on the straights, and then I'd pass them in the corners. Any gomer can go fast straight. I finally got tired of playing with them, and left them behind. Was really funny, I was up at the top with all my gear off (and when I street ride, I wear almost all race gear), about 10 minutes later, they show. Those guys were lamenting about how some BMW blew them away... I couldnt help but chuckle to myself.

ive owned 3 of them and still do at 46 years old. Ive ridden them all and still think this is the best to ride for all around fun and comfort. ww.jpg
Back to the Post, I think the combination of cable and free weights make the best physique. Free weights help and build the stabilizers and cables give you that constant tension, Plain ans simple!

My last bike was a "Busa"....yep too big but damn SEXY!
Girls like toys too! ;p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom