Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Browsing for a while and figured it was time to actually get active!

Murph

Hello there gentlemen,

As you can tell by the username my name is Murph, overall I'm your typical 25 year old living in SoCal. I guess you could say that I'm an "enthusiast" body builder/power lifter, but I'm currently unable to lift or do much of anything, due to a severe case of TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome) in my right shoulder from a wrestling injury when I was 18 that apparently never quite healed right and didn't become an issue until I was reaching 225 bw. Hoping to get surgery done on it soon but the doctors have been trying to do a very painful course of physical therapy to try to get the artery and nerves to come loose. Final consult should be on Tuesday, so hoping that bodes well for me!

Also something of note, and a reason I never really decided to step on a stage of any sort, I "suffer" from a condition called muscular dysmorphia, which is just a fancy way of saying that no matter how big I seem to get I never have been able to reach what I feel is my "perfect" body and always appear scrawny to myself. I remember being about six years old and my parents took me to the mall to see the glorious Santa Clause, and the only thing I wanted in the whole world was a set of weights so I could look like the guys on TV. However, Santa tried to explain to me that it would stunt my growth and yada yada yada. That still didn't douse the flames though, and I started doing push ups and pull ups in my backyard trying to get bigger. My father continuously telling me that I didn't need to get big I just needed to "tone up" in his words.

Well, damn near twenty years later I'm still addicted to this fitness thing, hope to try to get over my self-image bullshit and actually get on a stage or at least do a powerlifting competition! The one thing that's killing me though is this damn injury, and if I can't self medicate through the gym I at least hope I can help people avoid some of the mistakes I made when I was younger. I'm by no means the most qualified individual, but what knowledge I do have on what worked and didn't work for me might help somebody else out there. If you ever see me make a post that is completely wrong please let me know, it's not me trying to mislead people but more so information that I learned growing up that might be messed up. I'll gladly withdraw/edit any comments made and keep it in mind for both my personal benefit as well as the benefit of others.

My one question to everybody here, that I'd like some guidance on, would be my recovery from this TOS plague. I was training through the injury for a good long while with the assistance of my friend and workout partner but as all injuries do when they're not addressed it finally reached the point of failure. I know I can't put too much strain on the joint too early, which sucks because I love lifting heavy, but what is your input on training that I can incorporate either currently or after surgery to help aid recovery? I've lost damn near fifty pounds from not being able to train and frankly I let my diet go to shit after the depression and everything hit. Any input on training or even gear (not too soon obviously because I'll need to rebuild my base to avoid another joint/tendon injury) would be greatly appreciated.

Much respect,

Murph

Re: RE: Browsing for a while and figured it was time to actually get active!

Murph said:
Hello there gentlemen,

As you can tell by the username my name is Murph, overall I'm your typical 25 year old living in SoCal. I guess you could say that I'm an "enthusiast" body builder/power lifter, but I'm currently unable to lift or do much of anything, due to a severe case of TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome) in my right shoulder from a wrestling injury when I was 18 that apparently never quite healed right and didn't become an issue until I was reaching 225 bw. Hoping to get surgery done on it soon but the doctors have been trying to do a very painful course of physical therapy to try to get the artery and nerves to come loose. Final consult should be on Tuesday, so hoping that bodes well for me!

Also something of note, and a reason I never really decided to step on a stage of any sort, I "suffer" from a condition called muscular dysmorphia, which is just a fancy way of saying that no matter how big I seem to get I never have been able to reach what I feel is my "perfect" body and always appear scrawny to myself. I remember being about six years old and my parents took me to the mall to see the glorious Santa Clause, and the only thing I wanted in the whole world was a set of weights so I could look like the guys on TV. However, Santa tried to explain to me that it would stunt my growth and yada yada yada. That still didn't douse the flames though, and I started doing push ups and pull ups in my backyard trying to get bigger. My father continuously telling me that I didn't need to get big I just needed to "tone up" in his words.

Well, damn near twenty years later I'm still addicted to this fitness thing, hope to try to get over my self-image bullshit and actually get on a stage or at least do a powerlifting competition! The one thing that's killing me though is this damn injury, and if I can't self medicate through the gym I at least hope I can help people avoid some of the mistakes I made when I was younger. I'm by no means the most qualified individual, but what knowledge I do have on what worked and didn't work for me might help somebody else out there. If you ever see me make a post that is completely wrong please let me know, it's not me trying to mislead people but more so information that I learned growing up that might be messed up. I'll gladly withdraw/edit any comments made and keep it in mind for both my personal benefit as well as the benefit of others.

My one question to everybody here, that I'd like some guidance on, would be my recovery from this TOS plague. I was training through the injury for a good long while with the assistance of my friend and workout partner but as all injuries do when they're not addressed it finally reached the point of failure. I know I can't put too much strain on the joint too early, which sucks because I love lifting heavy, but what is your input on training that I can incorporate either currently or after surgery to help aid recovery? I've lost damn near fifty pounds from not being able to train and frankly I let my diet go to shit after the depression and everything hit. Any input on training or even gear (not too soon obviously because I'll need to rebuild my base to avoid another joint/tendon injury) would be greatly appreciated.

Much respect,

Murph
What up Murph! Welcome to AR! That blows about your injury. I know nothing about TOS, I've actually never heard of it. Have you thought about giving peptides a try? You can try some ghrp, hgrh, and I think tb500. I've never tried the tb500 but a lot of guys swear by its healing powers.

I have the same self esteem issues as you except for mine are opposite. No matter how lean I get, no matter how strong and muscular I get, I still see the fat kid in the mirror. It really sucks and the older I get (I'm 29) the better it is getting. I guess as you get older you really start to develop this skill that I like to call.....Fuck it. Lol, anyway enjoy your time here, get to know folks, learn all you can, and share all you know.

Murph said:
Hello there gentlemen,

Much respect,

Murph

Welcome to Adrenaline Rush, Murph! You've come to the right place, and this forum is an awesome community that we all like to call family. I'm sure you will feel right at home here, and we are glad to have you.

I think all of us in this lifestyle struggle with our own form of muscle dysmorphia. We are never big enough, lean enough, or strong enough. I think it just comes with the lifestyle, so you are not alone.

I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. I hope all goes well, and the doctor gets you back on track with a speedy and succesful recovery. Feel free to ask questions and contribute to the community, and if there is anything you need, don't be afraid to ask!

Murph said:
Hello there gentlemen,

Much respect,

Murph

Welcome home Murph... Nice intro brother as it really helps to shed immediate light on your circumstances and needs... I also like the fact that you were reading first and educating before just jumping in and posting... I have a high amount of respect for that bro...

So, let me address a few things for you... i am not going to sit here and attempt to educate you on a condition you have, especially a severe one for an extended length of time because generally, most that endure this type of thing have a far greater understanding and conceptual grasp of what is going on with themselves as opposed to me jumping in and telling you things you already know... What I can offer you is some help in regards to how to treat this issue where a doctor or other adviser may not be as versed... You are experiencing muscle wastage which is perfectly normal given the circumstance however it is something often too widely "accepted" as part of a said condition. In reality, you don't have to accept any of this at all. As you have already brought to light, you have issues with your diet after being depressed, so first and foremost, a development of a consistent diet and training program is integral and the most important component and aspect of all of this... Once this is developed, then we add in some aides for your condition... I am not sure what your familiarity is in regards to sarms and peptides but these are by far your best options... Sarms were actually developed and intended to prevent muscle wastage amongst cancer and osteoperosis patients. Implementing specific sarms can directly correlate with treating this problem. Couple this with the healing qualities that both MK-2866 and LGD-4033 possess and you are making strides. Then we add in certain peptides, most specifically TB-500 and we are well on the way to an enhanced recovery process... This and no other medicine or chem will result in overnight change but can rapidly increase the duration of repair as well as quality. I would be glad to get you set up on a nice protocol when you decide the time is right... Its great to have you here and I look forward to helping you as well as seeing you provide insight to others... Welcome home brother...

First of all. Ive known a lot of "murphs" in my life, and all of them were cool.

Great intro thread. You found a good home here. Get that shoulder fixed and get back on track brother

I have had a lot of friends use various SARMS over the years, but I personally haven't ever tried them. Until recently I wasn't very well educated on what they even were, and figured they just offered a placebo effect and you just got them from GNC or some other conventional store; because they bottles my friends had in high school and college looked like any standard supplement bottle. After getting injured and doing some research over the past year, I was rather surprised I hadn't even considered to incorporate them into my regimen once.

As for the diet, I'm starting to get that back on track now, the depression was kicking my ass because the way i relieved stress was the gym, when the doctors essentially took that away from me I had nothing. No other real hobbies or interests, I was quite literally just a 225 lb body that didn't know how to enjoy life without that stress release from lifting weights. It's been a long shitty road but as I get closer to recovering from this injury the brighter that light at the end of the tunnel is getting.

If you have any suggestions on where to start for SARMS, I'd definitely be more than open to ideas. As I stated previously my consult is going to be on Tuesday and after that I'll have a more solid foundation to build off of as far as full on recovery times. I would love to also figure out some sort of training regimen that is able to work around the injury as best as I can. When I first started the treatments they were very adamant about me lifting any sort of weight at all, I was told if it weighed over five pounds and I needed to lift it over my head to use my "good arm".

When I first registered I was apprehensive at first but as I watched you guys interact with the community I knew this forum was finally different. I have mad respect for each and every one of you and I'll be settling in for the long haul here within the next couple weeks.

Much respect,

Murph

Perhaps we can discuss peptide/Sarms that might do your shoulder some justice bro. Glad to have you here!

"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."

Your last paragraph is the reason you should never shy away from trying something new. You never kno how good something can be until u give it a try. This is something that relates to things in every aspect of life my man

Glad to have you here

Murph said:
I have had a lot of friends use various SARMS over the years, but I personally haven't ever tried them. Until recently I wasn't very well educated on what they even were, and figured they just offered a placebo effect and you just got them from GNC or some other conventional store; because they bottles my friends had in high school and college looked like any standard supplement bottle. After getting injured and doing some research over the past year, I was rather surprised I hadn't even considered to incorporate them into my regimen once.

As for the diet, I'm starting to get that back on track now, the depression was kicking my ass because the way i relieved stress was the gym, when the doctors essentially took that away from me I had nothing. No other real hobbies or interests, I was quite literally just a 225 lb body that didn't know how to enjoy life without that stress release from lifting weights. It's been a long shitty road but as I get closer to recovering from this injury the brighter that light at the end of the tunnel is getting.

If you have any suggestions on where to start for SARMS, I'd definitely be more than open to ideas. As I stated previously my consult is going to be on Tuesday and after that I'll have a more solid foundation to build off of as far as full on recovery times. I would love to also figure out some sort of training regimen that is able to work around the injury as best as I can. When I first started the treatments they were very adamant about me lifting any sort of weight at all, I was told if it weighed over five pounds and I needed to lift it over my head to use my "good arm".

When I first registered I was apprehensive at first but as I watched you guys interact with the community I knew this forum was finally different. I have mad respect for each and every one of you and I'll be settling in for the long haul here within the next couple weeks.

Much respect,

Murph

Once you have your injury situation figured out, and get a good training regiment going to work around that injury, as far as SARMS goes, you can't go wrong with using MK-2866 (Ostarine) at 25mg per day. Our sponsor Pure essence here has it at the best quality you will find. You could also implement some TB-500 as well for its healing abilities. Peptides warehouse has TB-500 and they have a very good reputation. Given your condition, I think that combination would work very well for you, and be perfect for your goals at the moment to help get back on track to what you love doing.

I'm glad you joined the community here. As you've noticed this forum is much different than anywhere else, and that is the way we like it. We keep things close and tight knitted. We take care of our own here, and always look out for the best of everyone. Glad to have you brother

JM750 said:
Your last paragraph is the reason you should never shy away from trying something new. You never kno how good something can be until u give it a try. This is something that relates to things in every aspect of life my man

Glad to have you here

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying new things and seeing how they stack up against everything else that I know/use. I had lurked around on the evo boards for a while and constantly saw things that were just plain wrong and it seemed as if they were constantly trying to ram their own products into people's pockets. So when I got an e-mail about this forum launching I was obviously apprehensive at first because I saw, and I mean absolutely no offense by this, Dylan's name as the head moderator and I figured this would turn into another Evo or perhaps they were trying to "rebrand" themselves to get rid of the reputation. However, as I continued to browse I saw a completely different atmosphere and started to wonder if it was the same Dylan Gemelli or not. Once I started to dig in I realized that Dylan made the same realization a lot of other people did, and frankly seemed pissed off about how everything over there goes down. Fast forward a few more days, and I notice not only that QUALITY advice was being given, but that people were actually looking out for each other and not just trying to promote trash products. I'm super glad to be part of this community and hope that I can contribute as much as I possibly can. Excited for the future ^^

Re: RE: Re: Browsing for a while and figured it was time to actually get active!

Murph said:
JM750 said:

Glad to have you here

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying new things and seeing how they stack up against everything else that I know/use. I had lurked around on the evo boards for a while and constantly saw things that were just plain wrong and it seemed as if they were constantly trying to ram their own products into people's pockets. So when I got an e-mail about this forum launching I was obviously apprehensive at first because I saw, and I mean absolutely no offense by this, Dylan's name as the head moderator and I figured this would turn into another Evo or perhaps they were trying to "rebrand" themselves to get rid of the reputation. However, as I continued to browse I saw a completely different atmosphere and started to wonder if it was the same Dylan Gemelli or not. Once I started to dig in I realized that Dylan made the same realization a lot of other people did, and frankly seemed pissed off about how everything over there goes down. Fast forward a few more days, and I notice not only that QUALITY advice was being given, but that people were actually looking out for each other and not just trying to promote trash products. I'm super glad to be part of this community and hope that I can contribute as much as I possibly can. Excited for the future ^^
You sound like the exact type of people we like to have around here.

Welcome home bro. I think we may all have dismorphia here lol as for your injury, Ostarine And the SARMs are good for healing if you have a good source. Though types of injuries vary, I would use it if I were you. And TB500 as well. A combo could be very beneficial or evens. GHRP stack. But as for training, I would almost not use it at all until it's almost completely healed. It's not worth risking injuring yourself again if you hit it too early b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murph said:
JM750 said:

Glad to have you here

I completely understand the apprehension you may have had and cannot blame you for one second, nor do I bro however I want to personally thank you for seeing through certain things and realizing just exactly who I am, and what I am doing here... I don't think anything else needs to be said as you summed it up perfectly...

You don't need 5 million products for a healing stack... You do need to address the healing AND muscle wastage that has and will continue to occur..

The best option I would go with is this

1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day
1-12 lgd-4033 10 mg day
1-DURATION (as long as you can go) TB-500
9-12 daa

mini pct 13-16

clomid 25/25/25/25

This is really the best and simplest option for you brother... There are definitely other things you could add and if you want more complexity or added size, healing strength then let me know and we can add more... I was just getting right down to it here and if there's anything that cannot be left out, these would be the products I would absolutely keep...

DylanGemelli said:
Murph said:
JM750 said:

Glad to have you here

I completely understand the apprehension you may have had and cannot blame you for one second, nor do I bro however I want to personally thank you for seeing through certain things and realizing just exactly who I am, and what I am doing here... I don't think anything else needs to be said as you summed it up perfectly...

You don't need 5 million products for a healing stack... You do need to address the healing AND muscle wastage that has and will continue to occur..

1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day
1-12 lgd-4033 10 mg day
9-12 daa

mini pct 13-16

clomid 25/25/25/25

This is really the best and simplest option for you brother... There are definitely other things you could add and if you want more complexity or added size, healing strength then let me know and we can add more... I was just getting right down to it here and if there's anything that cannot be left out, these would be the products I would absolutely keep...

So if I understand how these work correctly, the most optimal time to begin these would be after the surgery to remove a portion of the first rib. Since the injury is primarily nerve and artery damage at the thoracic outlet from the spine. Taking them earlier wouldn't benefit me AS much because the nerves and such would still be trapped and not going anywhere. Am I correct on this or am I out in right field?

Murph said:
DylanGemelli said:
Murph said:
JM750 said:

Glad to have you here

1-12 mk-2866 25 mg day
1-12 lgd-4033 10 mg day
9-12 daa

mini pct 13-16

clomid 25/25/25/25

So if I understand how these work correctly, the most optimal time to begin these would be after the surgery to remove a portion of the first rib. Since the injury is primarily nerve and artery damage at the thoracic outlet from the spine. Taking them earlier wouldn't benefit me AS much because the nerves and such would still be trapped and not going anywhere. Am I correct on this or am I out in right field?

You could not be more right in your thinking bro... You could use them earlier to help with the muscle wastage but your primary here is more so with the healing I presume and secondary on the wastage... I would not expect the healing to really take presence until after the surgery as you stated...

You could not be more right in your thinking bro... You could use them earlier to help with the muscle wastage but your primary here is more so with the healing I presume and secondary on the wastage... I would not expect the healing to really take presence until after the surgery as you stated...

Yeah, healing up quickly and efficiently is definitely the primary goal I'd be focusing on with this stack. The wastage sucks and is disheartening, but I also know once I heal up that I'm going to gain it all back and then some. If there was any compound to slow down any more wastage before the surgery what would you recommend? If I can slow down the wastage now and then add in the focus on the healing after I complete surgery maybe I can kill two birds with one stone? I honestly have no problem spending the money on the full stack if that's the best option but as this will be my "first experience" with SARMS I really want to get the most bang for the buck. That way I can beat myself up about not utilizing them earlier in my journey, rather than not take them efficiently and be left with the impression of them not being worth it.

I've read quite a few scientific journals on the research behind these and it seems EXTREMELY promising. I just want to go about it the right way and be as efficient as possible.

Murph said:

Yeah, healing up quickly and efficiently is definitely the primary goal I'd be focusing on with this stack. The wastage sucks and is disheartening, but I also know once I heal up that I'm going to gain it all back and then some. If there was any compound to slow down any more wastage before the surgery what would you recommend? If I can slow down the wastage now and then add in the focus on the healing after I complete surgery maybe I can kill two birds with one stone? I honestly have no problem spending the money on the full stack if that's the best option but as this will be my "first experience" with SARMS I really want to get the most bang for the buck. That way I can beat myself up about not utilizing them earlier in my journey, rather than not take them efficiently and be left with the impression of them not being worth it.

I've read quite a few scientific journals on the research behind these and it seems EXTREMELY promising. I just want to go about it the right way and be as efficient as possible.

In all honesty bro, MK-2866 is the very best I can recommend for muscle wastage... that and that alone is my sole recommendation on it... you don't need nor want a bunch of shit going on that is harmful and ultimately won't help... mk is all sustainable, clean with little to no sides and was specifically designed for this circumstance ALONG WITH the high affinity for healing... the good thing about it as well is 1 bottle of mk goes a very long way... you only need 25 mg per day so 1 bottle will actually last you 8 weeks... i would just add some bcaa's and glutamine to this and perhaps even some daa powder or something to offer a bit of an aid... obviously these won't be as drastic but they are little mechanisms that are not very expensive and actually do work...

DylanGemelli said:
Murph said:

In all honesty bro, MK-2866 is the very best I can recommend for muscle wastage... that and that alone is my sole recommendation on it... you don't need nor want a bunch of shit going on that is harmful and ultimately won't help... mk is all sustainable, clean with little to no sides and was specifically designed for this circumstance ALONG WITH the high affinity for healing... the good thing about it as well is 1 bottle of mk goes a very long way... you only need 25 mg per day so 1 bottle will actually last you 8 weeks... i would just add some bcaa's and glutamine to this and perhaps even some daa powder or something to offer a bit of an aid... obviously these won't be as drastic but they are little mechanisms that are not very expensive and actually do work...

As I stated before I'm fairly new to the SARM side of things, I had team mates take them in high school and college and I just stuck to a test cycle during season and then a trene, teste, winstrol in the off season. I'm just trying to get a good judgement on where I should drop my hat, do I just spring for the full stack to use after the surgery or is there anything that would make sense to run now in order to not have such a large strength and weight deficit when I get healthy.

As much as it pains me I cannot allow myself to work out right now because the slightest torsion or compression on the nerves could literally sever them at the spine, essentially making my arm permanently numb...which I could deal with but if that artery gets caught in the crossfire as well...that's a bad day. I know the surgery itself is a fairly quick procedure, and "typical recovery" can range from 2-6 months.

You're the "Boss Hoss", I take whatever you recommend very seriously as I navigate my way through unfamiliar territory. Everything I've read so far is nothing but reassuring, but my education is still weak on the subject because I neglected to actually think they were anything more than a placebo coming up as a kid. Thanks for all the help by the way, you have no idea how much this really means to me.

Also of note, for PCT you recommended clomid for four weeks. Which is fantastic because I already have a ton on hand, you recommend 25mg at what interval? ED? EOD? I've run some pretty aggressive cycles and when I did PCT I was only doing 25mg EOD, is that not optimal? That information was passed on to me by the colleges strength coaches (but sshhhh college athletes don't use gear), but if that's incorrect I'd definitely like to make a mental note of it.

Top Bottom