napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Arthritis and Steroids

SCarr998

Hi Guys,

I have a question. My dad is 64 and has Rheumatoid arthritis. 3 Years ago he damaged his back (pulled muscles due to favoring one leg) and was pretty much bed ridden for over a year. He has now recovered but has lost all his muscle. He was on large doses of corticosteroids (for 14 years) which also did not do him any good. I have got him to switch to a Ketosis diet due to its low inflamatory nature and as a result he feels much better and has been able to reduce corticosteroids down to a low dose. He has also lost the weight he had gained on the steroids. He was very fit and active before the back injury and now he is struggling to build muscle. It has taken him a year to get up to walking 2 miles without rest. He is slowly getting there but his muscle mass is taking a long time to come back.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101#t=articleResults

I read the article above and I was wondering if anabolic steroids would help my dad regain his lost muscle at a faster rate. Given his age I would suspect his testosterone levels would be low and this is why his muscles are taking so long to recover. His exercise at the moment consists of walking and swimming. Heavy weights would not be possible due to the arthritis but a light weight routine could possibly be added.

I am asking because I would like my dad to get back to being fit and active again and at the current rate it will take many more years(if he ever gets there), his progress is so slow. Doctors have not really been able to suggest anything to help. I am not aiming for him to be a bodybuilder but I am wondering if there is suggested protocol that would get him back to where he was. He lives in Europe and I visit him once a year and I was shocked at how much muscle he had lost. He has gained some back in the last year and a half but he is nowhere near what he used to be at.

In the article above the no exercise group gained a significant amount of muscle. If he could gain some that would help him with his quality of life immensely.

I put it out there to see what you guys think.

My dads around the same age and also has back issues he has seen a lot of improvement since he was placed on HRT. He takes 100mg Test a week along with Aromasin and 2iu of GH 5 days a week. I would have him see an endo and get his blood levels checked.

you should get his bloodwork done.The doc may put him on trt.
A nice light 200 test with 150 deca might do him a world of good as a 14 week cycle.Then he could go back to trt. The deca might ease his symptoms and lube up his joints. My dad has a bud that is 70 and he uses the deca/test +the sarms healing stack. It made a big change in him.

Yes he is visiting the UK in about 6 weeks and I was going to get him to go get his levels tested and a checkup in the UK. Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.

Yes he is visiting the UK in about 6 weeks and I was going to get him to go get his levels tested and a checkup in the UK. Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.

definitely a wise move... get his levels checked so we can see if he needs trt or not... after that is determined, then we can implement a muscle sparing protocol... steroids may no be necessary at all... if he needs trt then adding sarms to the trt would be so ideal... he wont have to worry about any sort of steroid side effects and will have all the muscle sparing benefits amongst all the other qualities that sarms can offer... they were designed to treat muscle wasting along with osteoporosis etc... they would be so ideal for your dad and i would be more than happy to set him up a healing stack..

That's defnitely the right course for him to take. Get some blood work and see where he is at. He sounds like a perfect candidate for TRT, and I'm sure that would be a world of difference for him on how he feels. At some point he could add a little low dose Deca to that which may help even further and possibly some MK-677 to help his growth hormone release.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Thanks guys for all the advice. When he gets his blood work done I will post up the results. Should be in 6 to 8 weeks.

Hi Guys,

I have a question. My dad is 64 and has Rheumatoid arthritis. 3 Years ago he damaged his back (pulled muscles due to favoring one leg) and was pretty much bed ridden for over a year. He has now recovered but has lost all his muscle. He was on large doses of corticosteroids (for 14 years) which also did not do him any good. I have got him to switch to a Ketosis diet due to its low inflamatory nature and as a result he feels much better and has been able to reduce corticosteroids down to a low dose. He has also lost the weight he had gained on the steroids. He was very fit and active before the back injury and now he is struggling to build muscle. It has taken him a year to get up to walking 2 miles without rest. He is slowly getting there but his muscle mass is taking a long time to come back.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101#t=articleResults

I read the article above and I was wondering if anabolic steroids would help my dad regain his lost muscle at a faster rate. Given his age I would suspect his testosterone levels would be low and this is why his muscles are taking so long to recover. His exercise at the moment consists of walking and swimming. Heavy weights would not be possible due to the arthritis but a light weight routine could possibly be added.

I am asking because I would like my dad to get back to being fit and active again and at the current rate it will take many more years(if he ever gets there), his progress is so slow. Doctors have not really been able to suggest anything to help. I am not aiming for him to be a bodybuilder but I am wondering if there is suggested protocol that would get him back to where he was. He lives in Europe and I visit him once a year and I was shocked at how much muscle he had lost. He has gained some back in the last year and a half but he is nowhere near what he used to be at.

In the article above the no exercise group gained a significant amount of muscle. If he could gain some that would help him with his quality of life immensely.

I put it out there to see what you guys think.

Nice study you linked. How much money did they spend to tell us that 600mg testE works? Gee ziz gimme a break. They have proven what has been proven for decades.You can bet that if your dad needs trt it will not be the amount used in this "study".

Nice study you linked. How much money did they spend to tell us that 600mg testE works? Gee ziz gimme a break. They have proven what has been proven for decades.You can bet that if your dad needs trt it will not be the amount used in this "study".

Lol. I knew nothing about AAS a few months ago so this is all new to me. The interesting bit for me was the guys who did no exercise gained more muscle than the nattys who were working out. I always thought you had to be down the gym pumping iron for the AAS to work.

Lol. I knew nothing about AAS a few months ago so this is all new to me. The interesting bit for me was the guys who did no exercise gained more muscle than the nattys who were working out. I always thought you had to be down the gym pumping iron for the AAS to work.

That is actually very true to a large extent. However this study was conducted on individuals that were lacking in muscle mass or the "average" individual....and not resistance trained athletes. So in the case of someone like that of course AAS is going to throw muscle on them without even touching a weight. This is why people that run juice that are undersized gain so much more muscle than those that are at a more advanced level. At the point I am at now, I might be fighting to get 2 or 3 lbs of muscle in a cycle training my ass off and eating as perfect as can be. New guys that have barely any muscle can gain 15-20 lbs without even trying. It goes back to where you are in relation to your genetic potential in what actually is done for gains

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Top Bottom