Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Yawning

Saiyan

Alright bros. Help me out. Why the hell do I spend so much time yawning during some of my workouts? Is it just the lack of oxygen hitting the brain or what?

xdevinxsoccer said:
I always wondered this too! It doesn't happen every workout though...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Exactly. It's fucking me up today. But last Friday and Monday it didn't happen once.

Saiyan said:
Alright bros. Help me out. Why the hell do I spend so much time yawning during some of my workouts? Is it just the lack of oxygen hitting the brain or what?

I'm not sure why you would be unless you are tired and not fully rested. This doesn't ever happen to me, so I'm not sure. Do you workout in the morning or evening, and do you take any stimulants or anything preworkout?

RickRock said:
Saiyan said:

I'm not sure why you would be unless you are tired and not fully rested. This doesn't ever happen to me, so I'm not sure. Do you workout in the morning or evening, and do you take any stimulants or anything preworkout?

Afternoon. About 5 pm. Yes I take a pre workout. In high school, 2002-2006, I ran cross country and yawned all through that. I started really lifting probably 2010/11 and it still happens quite a bit. Maybe 25-30% of my workouts. And not only is the yawning annoying, it clogs my ears and stuff. Its not because I'm tired, that's the one thing I do know.

Saiyan said:
RickRock said:
Saiyan said:

Afternoon. About 5 pm. Yes I take a pre workout. In high school, 2002-2006, I ran cross country and yawned all through that. I started really lifting probably 2010/11 and it still happens quite a bit. Maybe 25-30% of my workouts. And not only is the yawning annoying, it clogs my ears and stuff. Its not because I'm tired, that's the one thing I do know.

lol man I have no clue, never heard of that before. i mean i know its annoying but if it doesnt impair your workouts or cause harm somehow then oh well..that is weird though

Saiyan said:
RickRock said:
Saiyan said:

That's definitely very odd brother. I wish I had a better answer for you to help, but it's honestly something I've never really heard of before. I would be curious as to see what your % oxygen is in your blood. I wonder if that isn't on the low side of normal for some reason to contribute to that

I constantly yawn all the time. I went to the dr and had tests done. Lungs were fine, oxygen levels were fine. No indication that anything was wrong. Dr believes it just a habbit or nervous tick that people sometimes get. Those type of things that have no explanation. He told me to keep on doing like I Normally do...which I have been for several years now. Still everything checks out good

How do they check the oxygen level? That's neat. Something I may look into Rick.

Well as long as I'm not alone cmb lol. I lift again tomorrow afternoon. I'll post if it happens then.

Saiyan said:
How do they check the oxygen level? That's neat. Something I may look into Rick.

Well as long as I'm not alone cmb lol. I lift again tomorrow afternoon. I'll post if it happens then.

They put a device on your finger. They do it every time you go to er. It tells the percentage of oxygen in the blood

cmb5017 said:
Saiyan said:

They put a device on your finger. They do it every time you go to er. It tells the percentage of oxygen in the blood

Oh that's just the clip on they stick to you when they are doing BP and pulse? I've had that done at the endo. They never said anything was wrong lol

Top Bottom