Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Training today at gym

44YOGearHead

So today I worked out with another big guy age 43. Dude had great width, great arm size and such. When I saw him and his wife at the gym last week at the conclusion of my workout I went and spoke to him asking what type of training he did and after he explained I asked if we could train arms together since we concluded there were just some body parts we couldn't train together as he is more conservative in expending strength. Arms was one area, but I was willing to try new things as my method is absolutely exhausting.

We started with triceps:
Tricep press downs w/ Lat Pull down bar: 85lbs/90lbs/100lbs/105lbs
V Bar press downs: Stack/Stack/Stack
V bar overhead press: 80/80/80/80
Tricep press downs w/ Lat Pull down bar: 55/55/55
Single Arm Rope Pull Down: 55/35/35/25/25
Biceps:
BB Preachers: 125lbs/135lbs/ top half reps 135/135
Single Arm preachers: 45/45/45/55/55
Standing BB curls: 70/80/90/100
Seated BB curls: 50/50/50/50

The 44 Score: 7 out of 10. Although intensity during the tricep portion was good it was due partially to my pushing him for short rest periods. He got a little gassed I could tell. Biceps... there just wasn't enough weight used, however I rate it a 7 out of ten because it's nice to NOT be gassed out totally at the end of a session. I'm sure growth can/will be promoted because the pump achieved was very good, however I never hit a lactic acid burn- plus I'm on steeeroidz. We're gonna train shoulders on Friday. I like to try new things and even though not much in the gym is 'new', change is good.

Nice stuff….my gyms V bar digs into the sides of my hand, I use the T bar and rope mainly…for cable work

Another thing was everything he did was wide gripped and with Fat Gripz except for curls. Those things are OK, not much of a challenge for forearms IMO as mine are strong from gripping heavy DBs all the time.

Top Bottom