napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

the decline of body building

cmb5017

Hey fellas..I happen to be one of the fans of the golden era of bodybuilding. .the Arnold days..the Franco columbo days, the days when body's actually looked good. Everything had symmetry and small waists and v taper. This sport is dying now imo. Its all about how big and freakish one can be, despite how dangerous it is to ones body..the nasty disgusting GH gut..who wants to aspire to look like that? All pregnant and shit, your insides growing to the point it wants to protrude out. Fuck that. You know thats why I stopped supporting such events like the mr. O...I follow and support other body builders such as rich piana and Kali muscle not because of thier personalities or attitudes but the fact they push bodybuilding as a sport and a lifestyle and not a nearly impossible trophy to obtain. I mean fuck phil heath n them guys with there 42 inch waists and belly sticking out past thier chest! Is this what u guys aspire to become? Or are you like me, ready to drop your support of ifbb and there shit judges who dictate what a body should look like..im just old school I guess maybe a dying breed. .how bout you younger guys here? Whats your dream n motivations these days? Phil heath your hero? Lets hear your perspective..perhaps im just out of the loop lol

Re: RE: the decline of body building

cmb5017 said:
Hey fellas..I happen to be one of the fans of the golden era of bodybuilding. .the Arnold days..the Franco columbo days, the days when body's actually looked good. Everything had symmetry and small waists and v taper. This sport is dying now imo. Its all about how big and freakish one can be, despite how dangerous it is to ones body..the nasty disgusting GH gut..who wants to aspire to look like that? All pregnant and shit, your insides growing to the point it wants to protrude out. Fuck that. You know thats why I stopped supporting such events like the mr. O...I follow and support other body builders such as rich piana and Kali muscle not because of thier personalities or attitudes but the fact they push bodybuilding as a sport and a lifestyle and not a nearly impossible trophy to obtain. I mean fuck phil heath n them guys with there 42 inch waists and belly sticking out past thier chest! Is this what u guys aspire to become? Or are you like me, ready to drop your support of ifbb and there shit judges who dictate what a body should look like..im just old school I guess maybe a dying breed. .how bout you younger guys here? Whats your dream n motivations these days? Phil heath your hero? Lets hear your perspective..perhaps im just out of the loop lol
I do agree with you on the state of bodybuilding today in terms of the ifbb. However, I do believe aesthetics in bodybuilding is making a huge comeback. The younger generation is actually much more into the fitness model look than the gigantic cloud shaped muscle heads. I'm 29, so I guess you could put me in the middle generation between the golden era and the young zyzzzz generation.

For me, I have no aspirations to be a professional bodybuilder or even compete for that matter. If I ever get into contest ready shape I may compete but I doubt it. I live this lifestyle because I love the discipline it forces upon me. I love the looks people give me at the grocery store when they see my cart overflowing with REAL food. I love the way little kids look at me in public and whisper to their dad's with the dad bod about how big my arms are. I love the thought that when my son grows up he is going to have a dad that strives for physical perfection, portrays discipline in all facets of life, and has a dad that I believe he will look up to and want to aspire to be like. I love the fact that when my fiancee and I are out people knows why she chose me because I walk with my head held up high, my shoulders back and my chest out, not because I'm a hard ass but because years of lifting have forced me into this posture. Well, and I'm a confident individual. There are seriously 100s of reasons why I love being a bodybuilder hobbyist but not a single one of those has to do with the overgrown bafoons of the ifbb.

Me personally, I aspire to be as big as I can be while still maintaining aesthetics. I'll save the "gh" gut for someone else.

You are not alone in your thinking, and the vast majority of people out there think the bodybuilders of the 70s and 80s were the best of all time, including myself. I'm 40, so I grew up idolizing Arnold, Frank Zane, and Franco Columbu. There are some current bodybuilders I enjoy following, but for the most part I don't like the current look of the open bodybuilding world with its freakish monstrous size that is taking from the aesthetic look with guys like Big Ramy out there walking around at 300+ lbs of muscle.

The good news is that the bodybuilding world has realized what the people want. Which is why you see things like the new men's physique division, based solely on aesthetics and not size. I personally would never want to be anything close to the size of what the current pros are. I like to be big, but aesthetic, without ever taking things to extremes. I do this lifestyle because I enjoy it. I've competed, but I don't know if I will again or not. It really doesn't matter a whole lot to me to be honest. I just like to be the best I can be without it affecting my personal life with my family, or taking any health risks I don't feel I need to take.

Re: RE: Re: the decline of body building

RickRock said:
You are not alone in your thinking, and the vast majority of people out there think the bodybuilders of the 70s and 80s were the best of all time, including myself. I'm 40, so I grew up idolizing Arnold, Frank Zane, and Franco Columbu. There are some current bodybuilders I enjoy following, but for the most part I don't like the current look of the open bodybuilding world with its freakish monstrous size that is taking from the aesthetic look with guys like Big Ramy out there walking around at 300+ lbs of muscle.

The good news is that the bodybuilding world has realized what the people want. Which is why you see things like the new men's physique division, based solely on aesthetics and not size. I personally would never want to be anything close to the size of what the current pros are. I like to be big, but aesthetic, without ever taking things to extremes. I do this lifestyle because I enjoy it. I've competed, but I don't know if I will again or not. It really doesn't matter a whole lot to me to be honest. I just like to be the best I can be without it affecting my personal life with my family, or taking any health risks I don't feel I need to take.
This is what all of the bodybuilding world should aspire to be...

c484ebb0fbeb49ffd465ae0f894b2b8d.jpg

Re: RE: Re: the decline of body building

ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:

Aghhh...good old Jason Genova. I'll never forget that guy. His videos are like a trainwreck. Hard to not keep watching, even though you feel like you wasted your time afterwards lol

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: the decline of body building

RickRock said:
ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:

Aghhh...good old Jason Genova. I'll never forget that guy. His videos are like a trainwreck. Hard to not keep watching, even though you feel like you wasted your time afterwards lol
Haha, yea man his vids are insane. You described them perfectly.

Ibleed I definitely agree with you 100 percent. And rickrock im 37 so im definitely on your level with the old school body builders back in the day.

I have always loved Frank Zane, I have a book in my truck with him on the cover that I look at before I go in the gym. I don't think I would ever want to be 300 pounds ever, dang I couldn't even imagine being that big lol but I agree with y'all they looked a lot better back then. I have respect for these guys now because no matter what they are on they have put in a lot of work to get that size, I just don't really like it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom