Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Rules to follow for drinking alcohol

Savage55

I want to know what guidelines most follow for drinking alcohol in these situations

During cycle- injectables or orals
During PCT
Taking Sarms only
Dieting/cutting

I really try not to drink but if I do I allow myself 1 day a week to have alcohol. No I'm not having 1 or 2 beers/drinks when I do drink. Im usually having a bunch on a Sunday with friends watching sports and enjoying the Cali weather. I just started GW and MK on Monday as part of a PCT (waiting for pills to arrive) and I really want to be on track before I start my cut and Sarms triple stack in a month to 6 weeks. I want hear everyone's advice and what they normally do. Or if you even drink at all. Its not a problem for me to cut it out but it is a nice release every once in a while especially after going hard for 4-6 weeks training and dieting.

I don't drink anymore, it does nothing for me but if you don't do it often you should be fine man. I'm not saying it's good but nothing to lose sleep over lol. I could get into the science of beer and muscle growth but I won't bore you with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion one day a week of having excess amounts of alcohol is way too much, and completely counterproductive to your lifestyle. Every once in a great while is one thing, but once a week is excessive, especially on AAS and orals. I would limit it to once or twice a month maximum, and to limit yourself to just a few when you do. You'll just have to decide for yourself what's important to you here, and make your own decision on it. I don't drink other than socially and that is not more than once a month

Yeah I figured this will probably be the direction I need to head in. I really want to get to the point where I can start some AAS and cutting alcohol for the next 2 months will definitely help get that BF down. Problem is im a single dad so when I dont have my daughter I want to go out and meet chicks and that usually involves a lil drinking. Im going to cut it out completely til labor day weekend and see what happens. Thnx for the response

RickRock said:
In my opinion one day a week of having excess amounts of alcohol is way too much, and completely counterproductive to your lifestyle. Every once in a great while is one thing, but once a week is excessive, especially on AAS and orals. I would limit it to once or twice a month maximum, and to limit yourself to just a few when you do. You'll just have to decide for yourself what's important to you here, and make your own decision on it. I don't drink other than socially and that is not more than once a month

Give me the breakdown man and tell me what is best to drink for my body if im going to drink 2 times a month. I usually drink beer or vodka (try to stay with the clear stuff).

Achilles87 said:
I don't drink anymore, it does nothing for me but if you don't do it often you should be fine man. I'm not saying it's good but nothing to lose sleep over lol. I could get into the science of beer and muscle growth but I won't bore you with that.

Alcohol is empty calories. It doesn't have any nutrients, but does have a caloric value of 7 calories per gram. In just one shot (1.5oz) of 80 proof vodka there's nearly 100 calories. For those of you trying to lose fat, forget it if you are drinking. Not only will the high calorie content of alcohol have a negative effect on your total calorie intake, but it also slows down your metabolism by disrupting the Kreb's cycle.

Since the Kreb's cycle isn't working correctly, fats cannot be broken down. In short, your body is trying so hard to digest and metabolize the alcohol, that fat burning stops all together.Alcohol consumption also hurts muscle growth. Not only due to hangovers lowering your workout intensity, but it actually lowers protein synthesis by 20%. Twenty percent! There are several reasons why it does this. For one, it dehydrates your muscle cells. As many know, hydrated and even over hydrated muscles (like when you take creatine) allows for a much higher anabolic environment.

Because your cells aren't holding as much water, it becomes much harder to build muscle. The second reason why alcohol can severely hurt muscle growth is because it blocks the absorption of many important nutrients that are key to muscle contraction, relaxation and growth including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium. It also does a number on your testosterone. This is just some facts off the web I didn't know how to post the link but there's plenty more about it lol.

Achilles87 said:
Alcohol is empty calories. It doesn't have any nutrients, but does have a caloric value of 7 calories per gram. In just one shot (1.5oz) of 80 proof vodka there's nearly 100 calories. For those of you trying to lose fat, forget it if you are drinking. Not only will the high calorie content of alcohol have a negative effect on your total calorie intake, but it also slows down your metabolism by disrupting the Kreb's cycle.

Since the Kreb's cycle isn't working correctly, fats cannot be broken down. In short, your body is trying so hard to digest and metabolize the alcohol, that fat burning stops all together.Alcohol consumption also hurts muscle growth. Not only due to hangovers lowering your workout intensity, but it actually lowers protein synthesis by 20%. Twenty percent! There are several reasons why it does this. For one, it dehydrates your muscle cells. As many know, hydrated and even over hydrated muscles (like when you take creatine) allows for a much higher anabolic environment.

Because your cells aren't holding as much water, it becomes much harder to build muscle. The second reason why alcohol can severely hurt muscle growth is because it blocks the absorption of many important nutrients that are key to muscle contraction, relaxation and growth including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and potassium. It also does a number on your testosterone. This is just some facts off the web I didn't know how to post the link but there's plenty more about it lol.

Preach it brother!!! Take em to church

BigBusiness said:
Achilles87 said:

Preach it brother!!! Take em to church

I have never liked drinking, just makes me feel bad. I understand not everyone feels that way and I know a guy right now running a test e cycle... he wants to drink every evening no matter what I tell him he just likes beer I guess lol. It's just not worth messing my cycle up for.

I just cant grasp why people choose to drink when we choose to have this lifestyle. In my opinion alcohol and steroid's should never mix. It's one thing being on trt, but another if your cycling for bodybuilding. It's like pissing in the wind :p

Hahaha I dipped for years probably started when I was 15 and I just stopped lol. I have never been addicted to anything or ever had anything I couldn't just cut out. I hear people say I can't stop... well why not hahaha, like I said I have never been addicted to anything so for those of you that have don't think I'm saying I'm better than you because I ain't meaning that at all. I just don't get why people just can't stop doing things.

My general opinion on alcohol is that it is catabolic. Just a few too many and the next day you clearly see the wear and tear on your body.A headache, or a hangover means you are sick sick. Why is that? Because your liver is trying to remove poison out of your system,you are dehydrated, lost minerals etc. Add some tylenol for that headache or hangover and you just double clutched your liver. Oh you took that on top of oral aas? You are triple clutched right in the liver. Notice how liver is spelled..LIVEr The secret is moderation. I used to distill booze and make beer years ago, but I never drank more than 3 beers in any given day. The more you drink at a time the more desperate your liver becomes.If I drink now I drink those ultra lites...and still not more than three. Do not be fooled by someone who says clear liquor is ok. That is BS. I heard friggin Dr Oz say that on his show.He is a jackwad. He said dark liquor like whisky gives you a hangover so use vodka. He is ignorant. The ingredient that makes you sick, harms your health and gives you a headaches is called ethanol...or alcohol. Done deal ok? Try this..drink about 400ml of vodka tonight and let me know much your curl weight went down the next day, and a general synopsis of your workout. Oh you didnt workout? It is poison dude. You can buy some Becks non alcoholic and alternate them with regular Becks! The best thing I liked when I distilled...was my 66 road runner would burn the slicks up and spew blue flames out of the headers on a blend of 35% alcohol. Oh and it is great to swab down with before you inject!
One last thing..I grew up in the 60's and did every drug there was plus made a few no one heard of...the bottom line is that only one drug ever made me unable to walk, unable to stand, unable to talk..and definitely unable to drive. Know which one I am speaking of? Yep..alcohol. So in case you don't quite get my slant on alcohol, it is this..it is CRAP and belongs in my road runner not in m body

Lol.. that's awesome drb!! Yeah I'm done with it for now.. Going 2 months sober from alcohol til labor day.. need to get this BF down asap

see i still drink, but i go months at a time without one. So i may get smashed 7-8 times a year & thats about it.

otherwise just maybe a glass of cab sav red wine with a steak. Make those drinking nights count and have fun.....otherwise leave it alone. thats just how i see it.

drb_iac said:
My general opinion on alcohol is that it is catabolic. Just a few too many and the next day you clearly see the wear and tear on your body.A headache, or a hangover means you are sick sick. Why is that? Because your liver is trying to remove poison out of your system,you are dehydrated, lost minerals etc. Add some tylenol for that headache or hangover and you just double clutched your liver. Oh you took that on top of oral aas? You are triple clutched right in the liver. Notice how liver is spelled..LIVEr The secret is moderation. I used to distill booze and make beer years ago, but I never drank more than 3 beers in any given day. The more you drink at a time the more desperate your liver becomes.If I drink now I drink those ultra lites...and still not more than three. Do not be fooled by someone who says clear liquor is ok. That is BS. I heard friggin Dr Oz say that on his show.He is a jackwad. He said dark liquor like whisky gives you a hangover so use vodka. He is ignorant. The ingredient that makes you sick, harms your health and gives you a headaches is called ethanol...or alcohol. Done deal ok? Try this..drink about 400ml of vodka tonight and let me know much your curl weight went down the next day, and a general synopsis of your workout. Oh you didnt workout? It is poison dude. You can buy some Becks non alcoholic and alternate them with regular Becks! The best thing I liked when I distilled...was my 66 road runner would burn the slicks up and spew blue flames out of the headers on a blend of 35% alcohol. Oh and it is great to swab down with before you inject!
One last thing..I grew up in the 60's and did every drug there was plus made a few no one heard of...the bottom line is that only one drug ever made me unable to walk, unable to stand, unable to talk..and definitely unable to drive. Know which one I am speaking of? Yep..alcohol. So in case you don't quite get my slant on alcohol, it is this..it is CRAP and belongs in my road runner not in m body

Very well said DrB!!

Achilles87 said:

Well said and spot on Achilles!

Achilles87 said:

fucking brilliant information... please start a thread on this as you deserve full credit so this can be posted over and over because it is going to continue to come up and there is no way to break this down any better

drb_iac said:

also brilliant!! completely true top to bottom...

Top Bottom