Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cycle advice for a rock climber

Corbin Dallas

Okay so I read the “newbie sticky” and it said to give my stats, so before I go any further:
Age 38, 168lbs, 6’0, not sure on fat percentage but I’d guess it’s fairly low. here’s where I begin to show that I’m an outsider, Time training 15 years but as a rock climber. Rock climbers are strength to body weight dependent “athletes”, so training anything outside of pull-ups, forearms and fingers is usually for preventive injury measures and high reps/low weight toning type stuff. Anyway back to the stats. Never cycled anything before. Goals are to lose 5-6lbs in the next month and gain some more strength in my pull-ups, forearms and fingers. As far as nutrition/diet/supplements go, I use a protein powder (I think right now I have the Vega protein and greens one), I’ll use this right after workouts or to replace a meal. Again I’m trying to lose weight so I’m aiming around 1500cal/day. I don’t follow a strict diet but my diet resembles paleo usually (veggies, fruits and meat) I try to stay away from processed stuff (but again I’m not strict)
Okay so, why I’m here! I recently found out about cardarine (there’s some climbers taking it and are saying they’re getting 20-30% gains in a cardio/endurance kinda way). Well at 38, that sounds great cause the older I get the more my endurance wanes! Anyway the newbie sticky said not to ask for cycle advice but I’m completely new to this world and would like to know if there’s anything anyone would recommend for me to stack with cardarine to help in my strength/power (I’m a boulderer which means I focus on really hard moves but with no ropes so you’re usually just 10-20ft off the ground, so it’s kind of the climbing equivalent of powerlifting vs high reps/low weight) with also keeping in mind I’m trying to shed a few more lbs. My nonclimbing workouts are short and powerful, I have campus days where I use a campus ladder and go up and down on small rungs, max weight pull-up days, weighted finger hang days etc etc but again I don’t do anything else besides pushups and some ab stuff, oh and I’ll probably start jogging once I start the cardarine. All this is in preperation for a climbing trip in January that I want to CRUSH so I’ll be running this cycle for just six weeks, any thoughts? And sorry for the long post! Thanks!

Top Bottom