napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cardio and hard gainers!!!

bluebuddy84

So most of the information I find says I need to not do any cardio while I'm trying to bulk up. I used to run 3 miles every other day minimum. I am one those people who love to run, I would get that surge of dopamine and felt great. Any other thoughts on this please cuz I want to bulk I'm sick of skinny but I know that cardio vascular health is important. Is there a way to get in cardio and still bulk???

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I'm with you I would run 3 miles twice a week and around 6 miles on the weekend. You can run it will slow your gainz . Try setting a treadmill at like 2 incline and walk briskly or the stair master for your cardio trying to bulk and keep high cardio is in conflict with each other. I put cardio in balance with my goals and have been increasing my weight and I still run just not as much try and keep it on the weekends and up calories on that day

You will have to eat a TON to break your threshold and start gaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So most of the information I find says I need to not do any cardio while I'm trying to bulk up. I used to run 3 miles every other day minimum. I am one those people who love to run, I would get that surge of dopamine and felt great. Any other thoughts on this please cuz I want to bulk I'm sick of skinny but I know that cardio vascular health is important. Is there a way to get in cardio and still bulk???

I don't buy into the mentality of forgoing cardio to bulk. I never got that. It's not hard to overcome the calories burned in cardio with a few hundred extra calories which is nothing. I do cardio year round and I have no problem adding size at all. You just need to eat more....it's as simple as that, cardio or not.

The cardio has many other benefits as well. It raises your metabolism to increase hunger and appetite so you can eat more while bulking. It keeps you in better shape and health. It helps keep your gains leaner. There is numerous info supporting the fact that you have better nutrient uptake and nitrogen retention when doing cardio, so it can actually help gains.

Cardio doesnt mean anything specific.

People.... Bulking and cutting comes down to calories in calories out. You can go run 12 miles if you want. If you take in the calories to compensate for that you will stay right on track with where you need to be. Mae the necessary adjustments where needed. Karbolyn is great to I used to take a serving before cardio and a serving after. These guys who are not doing cardio.... (yes, like myself) Will live to regret it. I'm not as bad though I do cardio at least twice a week :)

If you can alter the diet to accommodate what you are doing then you will be golden. Get the proper rest as well. That is equally important.

Thanks guys, I will do my cardo but only 25 minutes of slow jogging on off days but how do I figure out how many calories I've burned during this do I'll know what to add to offset it?

for hardgainers strict Cardio like running is different, imo. i am a hardgainer and even if I eat extra cals with cardio it seems to Lean me up too much. VERY hard to pack on mass when you are running every day. at least for ME..

but what i will say is if you must do cardio make sure you eat more cals to accommodate that.

for me personally i dont do cardio when i am trying to pack on mass because my workouts are very intense and that is enough Cardio to me. if you do a workout with a lot of Supersets and Dropsets and cut resting time between sets to 30 sec, that is some pissening cardio right there. i would just do supersets and dropsets and more intense workouts and limit cardio..

Thanks guys, I will do my cardo but only 25 minutes of slow jogging on off days but how do I figure out how many calories I've burned during this do I'll know what to add to offset it?

If you are doing 25 minutes of moderate intensity, I normally would figure about 10-12 calories burned per minute, so add in at least an extra 300 calories or so.

Obviously if you are running at a higher speed, and heart rate is more elevated, calorie expenditure will be higher, so keep that in mind

No running, I can stick to to moderate just to get a higher heart rate for 25 mins. I'm getting over this flue or whatever the fuck is been kicking my ass for the last week. I haven't been able to train since last Wednesday so I'm thinking Thursday maybe Friday I'll be ready to go. Thanks again for all the help I've got it means alot.

No running, I can stick to to moderate just to get a higher heart rate for 25 mins. I'm getting over this flue or whatever the fuck is been kicking my ass for the last week. I haven't been able to train since last Wednesday so I'm thinking Thursday maybe Friday I'll be ready to go. Thanks again for all the help I've got it means alot.

ok man its always good to get that rest especially when sick. dont worry when you get better you will come back fresh and ready to tear stuff up..

I don't buy into the mentality of forgoing cardio to bulk. I never got that. It's not hard to overcome the calories burned in cardio with a few hundred extra calories which is nothing. I do cardio year round and I have no problem adding size at all. You just need to eat more....it's as simple as that, cardio or not.

The cardio has many other benefits as well. It raises your metabolism to increase hunger and appetite so you can eat more while bulking. It keeps you in better shape and health. It helps keep your gains leaner. There is numerous info supporting the fact that you have better nutrient uptake and nitrogen retention when doing cardio, so it can actually help gains.

Agreed 100% . Very nice post!

I wonder if this would be a good place for a mass gainer? Just on cardio days to to easily make up the cals lost from it.

I wonder if this would be a good place for a mass gainer? Just on cardio days to to easily make up the cals lost from it.

Mass gainers are usually filled with shitty fillers. We have a thread on the topic. Make your own. Milk, oats, banana, Pb, and protein.

In my opinion there's never a good place for mass gainers. I would increase caloric intake through other means before ever resorting to that route

Only time I would use a mass gainer would be as a last resort or if you are in a pinch. I know what it's like to just not crave food but still have to get something down.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mass gainers are usually filled with shitty fillers. We have a thread on the topic. Make your own. Milk, oats, banana, Pb, and protein.

Ill second this. Homemade is cheaper and healthier and you can adjust ingredients accordingly.

Top Bottom