napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Acne Treatment - Doxycycline

beardattack

I know a lot of people look in to accutane as a means of combating acne. Accutane is certainly effective in doing so but it is also extremely harsh on your system. I went through a six month treatment of that way back in high school and it dried me out so much that I had to put Vaseline on my lips.

The only real side effect that I get from AAS is cystic acne which can be extremely painful. This caused me to go see my doctor who put me on a maintenance dose of Doxycycline. Now, I know this wont be for everyone, but I will say that since going on the antibiotic I havent had a single issue whatsoever. It isn't necessarily a mild antibiotic but for me it has worked phenomenally.

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are other options aside from accutane and to just talk to your doctor if acne is an issue for you.

I'm Jacksteel and approve this message. But I'm really curious how an antibiotic can help acne?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of people look in to accutane as a means of combating acne. Accutane is certainly effective in doing so but it is also extremely harsh on your system. I went through a six month treatment of that way back in high school and it dried me out so much that I had to put Vaseline on my lips.

The only real side effect that I get from AAS is cystic acne which can be extremely painful. This caused me to go see my doctor who put me on a maintenance dose of Doxycycline. Now, I know this wont be for everyone, but I will say that since going on the antibiotic I havent had a single issue whatsoever. It isn't necessarily a mild antibiotic but for me it has worked phenomenally.

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are other options aside from accutane and to just talk to your doctor if acne is an issue for you.

I think this is a great alternative, and I wish more people would explore an option like this rather than mess with accurate. That stuff is no good.

Thanks for sharing bro. This is a prescription antibiotic though, correct?

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Yeah I was prescribed tetracycline then later on doxycycline for acne as well when I was in the military. Doxy has less side effects and worked a little bit for me but it didn't do miracles.

Pharma Lady Rep

This is a prescription for me. My Doctor explained that the thought behind giving an antibiotic for acne is that the cystic acne can often be caused by bacteria infections....now I'm not a doctor, although I'm premed as a biochemist, so I'm not going to pretend to know this stuff well....what I have seen is that this cycle I haven't had any acne and don't have to deal with the harshness of accutane

I have hundreds of these pills laying around from multiple deployments and I never took it gave me fucked up dreams heh

There's a few other handy options to help with acne:

Vitamin B6 with a little ALCAR works wonders, make sure you also supplement with a B complex.

Also Zinc

Yes doxy,tetra, erythromycin, keflex etc will help. The mechanism is that the acne is caused by bacteria on your skin,bacteria that are always there. Then when something changes such as diet, hormones etc these bacteria cause eruptions of acne. These antibiotics mentioned are very good for skin problems, and can clear skin quickly. Amoxcillin with clavulanic acid added becomes know as Clavamox. It is also an excellent choice for skin. Try to use the lowest dose possible and take your dose three times per day instead of two.Spreading the dosing out seems to work better. So if you need say amoxcillin at 1500mg/day then rather than taking 750mg twice per day take 500mg three times per day.

Yes doxy,tetra, erythromycin, keflex etc will help. The mechanism is that the acne is caused by bacteria on your skin,bacteria that are always there. Then when something changes such as diet, hormones etc these bacteria cause eruptions of acne. These antibiotics mentioned are very good for skin problems, and can clear skin quickly. Amoxcillin with clavulanic acid added becomes know as Clavamox. It is also an excellent choice for skin. Try to use the lowest dose possible and take your dose three times per day instead of two.Spreading the dosing out seems to work better. So if you need say amoxcillin at 1500mg/day then rather than taking 750mg twice per day take 500mg three times per day.

This is perfect. Thank you for elaborating on this.

Aren't antibiotics really harsh on the liver. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if like to hear your take on that viewpoint. Antibiotics for extended periods sounds like the can be plenty harmful. And don't they attack all bacteria, not just the bad ones. So they attack the good bacteria in the stomach and stuff as well right?

Aren't antibiotics really harsh on the liver. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if like to hear your take on that viewpoint. Antibiotics for extended periods sounds like the can be plenty harmful. And don't they attack all bacteria, not just the bad ones. So they attack the good bacteria in the stomach and stuff as well right?

Yes that's correct. You want to limit use as much as possible. It will kill off about 80% of your immune system which resides in your gut and happens to be the beneficial bacteria. ALWAYS take probiotics after using antibiotics and if you're doing them for a long time (which you shouldn't) then take the probiotics with it. Most people don't know that the good bacteria literally is 80% of your entire immune system. Gut health is everything.

Yes that's correct. You want to limit use as much as possible. It will kill off about 80% of your immune system which resides in your gut and happens to be the beneficial bacteria. ALWAYS take probiotics after using antibiotics and if you're doing them for a long time (which you shouldn't) then take the probiotics with it. Most people don't know that the good bacteria literally is 80% of your entire immune system. Gut health is everything.

So how is something like doxycycline or other versions safe for extended periods of use such as acne control. Would it be cycled as well?

So how is something like doxycycline or other versions safe for extended periods of use such as acne control. Would it be cycled as well?

Well... Technically it's not. Your doc will say so and its the status quo that it's safe ENOUGH but generally regular doctors don't know a thing other than what the drug companies tell them is safe and most of that is utter nonsense. Antibiotics have their place but should be used only when absolutely necessary. There are far safer natural antibacterial things that a holistic doc would recommend and of course your typical doctor will say he's full of shit. I'm ranting now but antibiotics should definitely be cycles and used only when a last resort in my opinion. Drug companies have to make their billions so don't believe everything they say. Super dosing nascent iodine or even colloidal silver, baking soda, apple cider vinegar would all be my first option before going with immune murdering antibiotics. BUT I would rather take antibiotics than accutane.

I think it would be prescribed in a cycle o get rid of the bad acne and then discontinued as opposed to continuous use but I don't know for sure how they prescribe it. After it goes away a good alkaline healthy diet should be maintained to keep the acne at bay in my opinion. Any doc who prescribed continuous antibiotics is a dumbass

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!
Order at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are harsh on the liver. Especially erythromycins, and the tetracyclines. Yes antibiotics for the long haul hurt the good bacteria in the gut and in women the good bacteria in the vagina often leading women to yeast infections because the good bacteria that prevent yeast infections get killed off. No drugs are without side effects.

Top Bottom